King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

A simpsons movie, family guy movie, futurama movie, and now a KOTH movie?

strategyking92

[1]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 2

Would this be possible in any way? I mean, after what happened to Futurama, I think anything's possible. I mean, KOTH has a bigger fanbase than futurama right?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tommy_Cash

[2]Jan 1, 2008
    Futurama had 4 seasons and sold well on DVD. Family Guy only had 2 and a half seasons and was a DVD phenomenon. King of the Hill's been on for like a decade. There's no demand for more, because it's still plenty right there on TV. Not saying I wouldn't mind...

Megaman200798

[3]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 13
    A KOTH movie would be awesome. But the other movies were somewhat disappointing. The KOTH has to be something big

HelloStuart

[4]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 63
    A KOTH movie was proposed around 1999 or so, but it never got off the ground. The chances of a movie now are slim to nil.

Megaman200798

[5]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:
    A KOTH movie was proposed around 1999 or so, but it never got off the ground. The chances of a movie now are slim to nil.

It has to be something totally amazing otherwise dont bother

Jackson_Holtorp

[6]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    I think a KOTH movie would be awesome. I'm sure TPTB plan to use this idea in an episode in the future but I think it would be great in a movie. Dale FINALLY finds out Joseph is John Redcorn's son (as far as I know he still doesn't know but has come close on finding out the truth several times). I could see Dale spazzing out and wanting to cause mayhem and kill John Redcorn or something along those lines. My guess is that it'll probably be in the final season, though I hope this show keeps going for years to come.

Fuuuuureakkkk

[7]Jan 3, 2008
    Tommy_Cash wrote:
    There's no demand for more, because it's still plenty right there on TV. Not saying I wouldn't mind...

there is plenty more plenty of simpsons (over 20 seasons) and plenty on DVD (seasons 1-10) and it got a movie whats your point?

danleon07

[8]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 10

I'd LOVE to see a KOTH movie.

berberdog

[9]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 7

I'm still working on a plot for a movie....:

KING OF THE HILL: THE MOVIE - Strickland Propane is sponsoring a football game, and Buck Strickland pulls Hank's name out of a hat to see who has to work to set the game up. Hank is promised that if all goes well, he'll become manager of Strickland Propane. Hank puts his heart and soul into making sure everything goes right. It just so happens that Bobby is practicing his comedy act and drops the ball (wearing a wig) onto the field during the final game. Bobby goes on field to get it, Hank sees and knows Bobby could get hurt, and runs in after him. Their interference makes Arlen lose the game, meaning Hank won't be promoted. The fact that he was so close to being manager and that Bobby took it away from him infuriates Hank so much that he brutally attacks Bobby with verbal insults. While everyone watches, Hank yells that Bobby is nothing that he ever wanted his son to be. When Hank realizes what he did, he tries to apologize to Bobby, but Bobby runs off crying, humiliated. Hank and Peggy leave the awkward silence of the football game and drive around town looking for Bobby. They finally find him when it's dark outside, and bring him home. Bobby stares out the car window, speechless, and won't talk to Hank or Peggy. That night, while Hank and Peggy fight, Bobby sits on the front porch of the house and looks into the Gribble's house. He sees Dale and Joseph, father and son, happy as can be. He wonders why he and Hank can never get along, but comes to the conclusion that he is a fat ass loser. He vows to loose weight so that he can have a father who seems to be proud of him. The next day, Hank comes to work only to be fired from Strickland Propane after the ordeal of the football game with him yelling at his son. Strickland Propane is a family company, and doesn't think Hank fits in that image. Devastated, Hank decides to move to a ranch in the Texas countryside, for anything that would remind him of propane would give him grief. Before the family leaves Arlen, Hank (who can't believe what he's doing) donates his propane tanks and his grill to the retailers (who seem surprised to get propane tanks). Saying goodbye to Dale, Bill (who begs to come with them), and Boomhauer, he leaves town promising them they can visit him at any time. While packing, Bobby still won't talk to Hank. After hours of driving, they finally reach their beautiful new ranch home as the sun sets (better animation showcases this scene from a bird's eye view.) The Hills start a new life at the ranch: Hank now grills using charcoal and befriends the ranchers who work nearby, Bobby is taken in by the cowboys' sons and he slowly starts losing weight and starts to become a more mature person after helping out daily with men's work, and Peggy stays her same old self? TO BE CONTINUED....

Edited on 02/24/2010 11:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

TudorRose

[10]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 14
    Luanne and Lucky have a daughter not a son.

berberdog

[11]Feb 9, 2010
    TudorRose wrote:
    I wrote this before the season even aired. On FoxFlash, it said they were going to have a son in the season synopsis

HelloStuart

[12]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 63
    berberdog wrote:
    TudorRose wrote:
    I wrote this before the season even aired. On FoxFlash, it said they were going to have a son in the season synopsis

Even so, they can't make that movie without Brittany Murphy.

berberdog

[13]Feb 11, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    TudorRose wrote:

Even so, they can't make that movie without Brittany Murphy.

I know. She would just be edited out of the film's plot. Maybe her and Lucky finally became independent and moved out of Arlen.

DOMOJITA

[14]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 18
    I know. She would just be edited out of the film's plot. Maybe her and Lucky finally became independent and moved out of Arlen.[/QUOTE]

yeah that could work.

DOMOJITA

[15]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 18
    sorry my first time makeing a quick quote.

ArmoredCore55

[16]Feb 27, 2010

berberdog wrote:

KING OF THE HILL: THE MOVIE - Strickland Propane is sponsoring a football game, and Buck Strickland pulls Hank's name out of a hat to see who has to work to set the game up. Hank is promised that if all goes well, he'll become manager of Strickland Propane. Hank puts his heart and soul into making sure everything goes right. It just so happens that Bobby is practicing his comedy act and drops the ball (wearing a wig) onto the field during the final game. Bobby goes on field to get it, Hank sees and knows Bobby could get hurt, and runs in after him. Their interference makes Arlen lose the game, meaning Hank won't be promoted. The fact that he was so close to being manager and that Bobby took it away from him infuriates Hank so much that he brutally attacks Bobby with verbal insults. While everyone watches, Hank yells that Bobby is nothing that he ever wanted his son to be. When Hank realizes what he did, he tries to apologize to Bobby, but Bobby runs off crying, humiliated. Hank and Peggy leave the awkward silence of the football game and drive around town looking for Bobby. They finally find him when it's dark outside, and bring him home. Bobby stares out the car window, speechless, and won't talk to Hank or Peggy. That night, while Hank and Peggy fight, Bobby sits on the front porch of the house and looks into the Gribble's house. He sees Dale and Joseph, father and son, happy as can be. He wonders why he and Hank can never get along, but comes to the conclusion that he is a fat ass loser. He vows to loose weight so that he can have a father who seems to be proud of him. The next day, Hank comes to work only to be fired from Strickland Propane after the ordeal of the football game with him yelling at his son. Strickland Propane is a family company, and doesn't think Hank fits in that image. Devastated, Hank decides to move to a ranch in the Texas countryside, for anything that would remind him of propane would give him grief. Before the family leaves Arlen, Hank (who can't believe what he's doing) donates his propane tanks and his grill to the retailers (who seem surprised to get propane tanks). Saying goodbye to Dale, Bill (who begs to come with them), and Boomhauer, he leaves town promising them they can visit him at any time. While packing, Bobby still won't talk to Hank. After hours of driving, they finally reach their beautiful new ranch home as the sun sets (better animation showcases this scene from a bird's eye view.) The Hills start a new life at the ranch: Hank now grills using charcoal and befriends the ranchers who work nearby, Bobby is taken in by the cowboys' sons and he slowly starts losing weight and starts to become a more mature person after helping out daily with men's work, and Peggy stays her same old self? TO BE CONTINUED....

A KotH movie would be awesome. I also like to see:

- Hank's Japanese Half-Brother comes to Arlen to drink beer with Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, and Kahn.

- Boomhauer officially getting married.

- Bill getting married.

- Bobby and Connie being back together.

- Bobby getting as tall as almost close to Joseph, like he was in the first four seasons.

- Final line of Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, Kahn, and Hank's Japanese Half-Brother drinking beer saying "yep."

These ideas are all I can think of for now. Although, it would be sad to see how Hank would change from propane to charcoal.

berberdog

[18]Mar 4, 2010
    ArmoredCore55 wrote:

berberdog wrote:

A KotH movie would be awesome. I also like to see:

- Hank's Japanese Half-Brother comes to Arlen to drink beer with Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, and Kahn.

- Boomhauer officially getting married.

- Bill getting married.

- Bobby and Connie being back together.

- Bobby getting as tall as almost close to Joseph, like he was in the first four seasons.

- Final line of Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, Kahn, and Hank's Japanese Half-Brother drinking beer saying "yep."

These ideas are all I can think of for now. Although, it would be sad to see how Hank would change from propane to charcoal.

Well, at the end of my movie, Hank will be back to good ol' propane. I'm still brainstorming the gap between what I typed here and the ending I have planned.