King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

"Cops and Robert" - Episode Discussion

Did you like this episode?

darlingdarcy

[1]May 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    Bobby has to work as a deputy for the school's police officer after he is framed for throwing a soda can. Meanwhile, Hank accidentally takes the wallet of a man he thought stole his own wallet, however when he tries to return the wallet the man does not take it too well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darlingdarcy

[2]May 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    I was pretty disappointed in this episode - I though the premise sounded a little weak (how exactly could you accidentally steal someone's wallet?), but the episode was worse than I was predicting. It was just ridiculous, and there was way too much time wasted on the guy whose wallet was stolen and his whole "going insane" bit. I thought if they foused more on Bobby and the cop catching various students doing weird things - Joseph could be caught peeping, Connie could be caught vandalizing Chane Wassonasong's locker. It would have been a lot more enteretaining. The Dale thing was funny, but I thought it was a little over the top, and more of a Family Guy type joke that the more subtle humor KOTH usually has.

brwnhairdwnder

[3]May 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    I agree. I was very disappointed with the episode. I feel that the ONLY really funny part of the episode is when the guy was watching Taxi Driver, that was it.

Semaj86

[4]May 5, 2008
    • level: 6

darlingdarcy wrote:
    I was pretty disappointed in this episode - I though the premise sounded a little weak (how exactly could you accidentally steal someone's wallet?), but the episode was worse than I was predicting. It was just ridiculous, and there was way too much time wasted on the guy whose wallet was stolen and his whole "going insane" bit. I thought if they foused more on Bobby and the cop catching various students doing weird things - Joseph could be caught peeping, Connie could be caught vandalizing Chane Wassonasong's locker. It would have been a lot more enteretaining. The Dale thing was funny, but I thought it was a little over the top, and more of a Family Guy type joke that the more subtle humor KOTH usually has.

Hank thought that the guy took his wallet. The way it was setup and the following consequence was pretty good, meaning that there are people worse off than Hank. However, the way I saw it unfold, both Hank and the insane man would have gotten in trouble for the obvious reasons.

Any story they do at Tom Landry Middle School anymore is pretty much beating a dead horse, which was probably what contributed to Peggy changing jobs. While Bobby's story was one of the better middle school tales of the season, it was better if they didn't focus on it a lot.

Dale's story was compensated by the fact that he didn't get what he was looking for after all. I mean really, who wouldn't have found something wrong with what he was doing?

Not as strong as last week's but I found it enjoyable.

4.0/5

mitu123

[5]May 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    Semaj86 wrote:

darlingdarcy wrote:

Hank thought that the guy took his wallet. The way it was setup and the following consequence was pretty good, meaning that there are people worse off than Hank. However, the way I saw it unfold, both Hank and the insane man would have gotten in trouble for the obvious reasons.

Any story they do at Tom Landry Middle School anymore is pretty much beating a dead horse, which was probably what contributed to Peggy changing jobs. While Bobby's story was one of the better middle school tales of the season, it was better if they didn't focus on it a lot.

Dale's story was compensated by the fact that he didn't get what he was looking for after all. I mean really, who wouldn't have found something wrong with what he was doing?

Not as strong as last week's but I found it enjoyable.

4.0/5

Agreed, I enjoyed this one as well, one of the better ones for this season, this season is shaping up to be the 4th or 5th best KOTH season ever.

black_mage_x

[6]May 5, 2008
    • level: 22
    I found it funny at the end when Hank kept apologizing to psycho guy then when policeman asks if he's going to press charges Hank is "hell yeah"

This is the first time that I can remember Hank has involved the police and they've actually taken his side.

sscheelke

[7]May 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    Dale was very funny in this episode

Rated_R_Postar

[8]May 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    I loved this episode. I would give it a 4.5/5 at the least. It had really funny moments. Like when Principal Moss said the cop use to be a man. This episode was great. It reminded me of why I love King of the Hill so much. I say keep up the good work King of the Hill.

relaets2

[9]May 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    darlingdarcy wrote:

i liked the episode, but i'm so infatuated with this show, i can't recognize a bad episode when i see it. i think you made a lot of very excellent points, and i definitely would have preferred to see your version of the episode.

favorite part was when principle marsh tried to sneak past the security guard's office to avoid getting involved - i felt like it was a classic king of the hill joke.

i totally disagree with the user that said tom landry has been played out - i think when koth first came out, people would have said that down to earth shows about everyday problems had been played out, but koth showed that wasn't the case.

Megaman200798

[10]May 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    black_mage_x wrote:
    I found it funny at the end when Hank kept apologizing to psycho guy then when policeman asks if he's going to press charges Hank is "hell yeah"

This is the first time that I can remember Hank has involved the police and they've actually taken his side.

I could never imagine Hank saying that XD

black_mage_x

[11]May 8, 2008
    • level: 22
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    black_mage_x wrote:

Remember this is the guy that called the police on an old woman.

HelloStuart

[12]May 8, 2008
    • level: 63
    "Pretty good, but a little silly." My thoughts exactly.

jaksword

[13]May 11, 2008
    • level: 4

black_mage_x wrote:
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    black_mage_x wrote:
    I found it funny at the end when Hank kept apologizing to psycho guy then when policeman asks if he's going to press charges Hank is "hell yeah" This is the first time that I can remember Hank has involved the police and they've actually taken his side.

I just hope the man gets off with like a slap on the wrist

Megaman200798

[14]May 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    jaksword wrote:

black_mage_x wrote:
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    black_mage_x wrote:
    I found it funny at the end when Hank kept apologizing to psycho guy then when policeman asks if he's going to press charges Hank is "hell yeah" This is the first time that I can remember Hank has involved the police and they've actually taken his side.

I just hope the man gets off with like a slap on the wrist

He probably would since he seems like a mellow man.

And who thought the police was a female?