King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Could someone help me identify a line?

tinyghosts

[1]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 1

Could someone on this board who has a better working knowledge of King of the Hill help me find a line in an episode?

I just need to know what episode this is from: It's from Dale Gribble: "That's code for UN commissars telling Americans what the temperature's going to be in our outdoors. I say let the world warm up. Let's see what Boutros Boutros Ghali Ghali has to say about that. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!"

Oddly, I'm writing a paper on people's perceptions about global warming, and this quote would really fit in well, but I need to know what episode it's from for the bibliography.

Edited on 11/21/2008 6:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[3]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 16

That's actually from the very first episode, second scene ever. The 4 guys are standing in Hank's driveway, Hank's fixing his truck, and this is from a KOTH site:

DALE: I know what's wrong with your truck. It's your quote unquote pollution controls. I heard on talk radio you don't even need 'em, they're just an egghead government plot.
    HANK: How is cutting down on pollution a government plot, Dale?
    DALE: Open up your eyes, man. They're trying to control global warming. Get it? "Global?"
    HANK: So what?
    DALE: That's code for U.N. commissars telling Americans what the temperature's going to be in our outdoors. I say let the world warm up, let's see what Boutros Boutros Ghali Ghali has to say about that. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    HANK: Dale, you giblet-head, we live in Texas! It's already 110 in the summer, and if it gets one degree hotter, I'm going to kick your ass!

If you need more global warming perspective, former Chicago television Meteorologist John Coleman said global warming is all b.s. It made the news recently.

HelloStuart

[4]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:

If you need more global warming perspective, former Chicago television Meteorologist John Coleman said global warming is all b.s. It made the news recently.

If global warming is BS, than it's the most elaborate, far-reaching and convoluted piece of hooey ever created.

tinyghosts

[5]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    Thanks a lot, random people on the internet! I knew I could count on you!

HelloStuart

[6]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 63
    tinyghosts wrote:
    Thanks a lot, random people on the internet! I knew I could count on you!

Anytime.