King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Do we like Luanne?

marysuperfly

[1]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I checked through the past forums about this topic and did not see it, so if it has been discussed already I apologize.  I was wondering, though, do you like Luanne or do you find her annoying?  I have to say in many episodes I find her character somewhat pointless, while in others she seems to be the main attraction.  As the neice that was a small burden living in the Hill home, I can see her character as important in some measures, while I also wonder if they could have done without her all along.  What do you guys think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Semaj86

[2]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I don't think the show would've had as much appeal if she was never involved. Incidentally, Luanne is the only character who has truly evolved since the beginning.

Hank is still the rock-hard conservative who loves propane. Peggy had devoled a bit since the start, and the only real change involving her was her switch from working as a substitute teacher to a news columnist. Bobby has been stuck at age 13 for the past six years. Joseph had a growth spurt and nothing more. And most other characters haven't changed too much outside career placements or getting killed off.

Luanne has actually grown up a bit, been to college, owned a house, and had several boyfriends and job changes over the years. Now, she's ready to start a new family with her fiancee. To me, she's the only one who's bringing this show forward.

HelloStuart

[3]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 63
    There's no real consensus in the forum, some like her and some don't. As for me, I guess she's okay.

piperlovegood

[4]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 3

I like Luanne and though her character isn't the main attration she does add a lot to the show. Hank's feelings are often shown through his I guess protection of her partically in when she was being harrassed by those golfers. And though he's ackward around her (that's just Hank vs. feelings) it shows he cares. Back to Luanne herself she has grown up since the begining and though she is VERY blonde she's probably one of my faverite characters.

Kozmo1

[5]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 3
    I can't stand Luanne (or Peggy) for the most part. If either of them are the only focus of an episode I can't stand to watch. If there's heavy involvement in the storyline from Hank (in alot of Peggy based episodes I can watch) but if it's just Luanne/Peggy they are just so annoying and boring I can't watch.

zan4

[6]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 10
    what i dislike about how they wrote.They made a huge deal with bucklys ghost thing. To the point where she changed he plans..and then just kinda of dropped her progress..

Dagor_88

[7]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 5

I don't really like her but I definitely think she's a good character that adds to the show. As for Peggy, I really don't think you're supposed to like her at all; she's the character you love to hate.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 28
    I like her, but they made her dumber than she originally was. Remember when she was a great mechnic? She was average intelliegnce, but naive, but than they just made her stupid. Dale was similar. He was kind of dumb, but still not far from average intelliegence and naive or purposely rejects his reality so as to overlook Redcorn and Joseph thing, but than he just became an idiot. KOTH as a whole made all the characters dumber for commedy as the show went on. Luanne just suffered from it more than the other characters. That being said I did like Lucky he was a good guy and was glad they didn't became "trailer trash" as Peggy feared. Plus Hank and Luanne are great together lol. He tries to pretend he doesn't like her, but he loves her a lot. She's the daughter he never had.

drudager

[9]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 13
    Annoying. She provides adequate filler as a second-tier character. Yeah, she is a total moron, and only seemed tolerable when Hank kicked some common sense into her. Otherwise she's just dumber than dirt.

AngryMcBeaver

[10]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 2
    I like Luanne. I think she's a cute, funny and interesting character.

drudager

[11]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    I still can't believe Brittany Murphy is dead. She was so young. It's just so surreal she passed on just before the series ended. I know she had some kind of an eating disorder & some questionable lifestyle habits but still, she was the last person I thought who would kick off.

jegolas1973

[12]Feb 17, 2012
    • level: 22

I think Luanne is a great character.

DOMOJITA

[13]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 18
    she's ok i guess.

skbrettbug

[14]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 17

I personally don't like Luanne. She gives off the "dumb blonde" cliche vibe, but I guess that's all part of her character.