King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Episode Discussion: "A Bill Full Of Dollars"

Rate the episode.

walkerdoug

[1]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 23
    Didn't see a discussion, so. Discuss any thoughts you have regarding this episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[2]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    Meh. Bill is such an idiot, that's not even remotely realistic. "I think I'll mortgage my home and piss away my life savings to prove to 3 people I know that I'm the one who makes the economy and Earth revolve by totally randomly picking something". He's made out to be such a pathetic retard it's nothing short of a miracle that he's gotten that far in life. And I wonder what completely random cable show they were parodying on this episode. And this episode was obviously written years ago like "Lost in Myspace" because it's a lot harder to declare bankruptcy today than it used to be, even recently. This feels like another average - below average script thrown into the 'maybe pile' that maybe it would be used someday in case there was an episode order to fill. KOTH is going out in a whimper rather than a bang, and it's obvious the show's out of gas. These aren't even amusing shows anymore, it's just stories where stuff happens.

Semaj86

[3]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 6

This show's weariness is evident in the fact that they've gone back to ignoring a lot of the additions they've made since Season 11. Hank mentions here that Peggy hadn't sold a house in 6 months, which was really the first we've heard of her new realty job in...a very long time.

They need to stop doing Bill episodes too. We get that he's a fat moron that nobody cares about. Why must they repeat this message if they're just going to go back to Square One by the next episode?

Hank, with all his knowledge of hardware probably doesn'tthat much about electronics. I kept saying throughout his and Bobby's ordeal with the flat screen TV to read the manual.

As a whole, this episode offered nothing interesting aside from a scant few funny jokes. It took them until they were almost cancelled to start breaking new ground in Season 11, now they're falling back into a rut again.

2.0/5

mp34mp

[4]Nov 17, 2008
    Doesn't it seem odd that Hank would be so easily persuaded into huge a huge monster of a tv in his house, when he said the old TV was just fine? Even with episodes showing Hank's loyalty to American made TVs, and then suddenly he's gung ho about a Japanese product, which seems to be missing a manual.

black_mage_x

[5]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 22
    Dale had some funny lines, but other than that this episode was bland.

And now Dia-Billic Shock is even more pointless as Bill has gone back to his unhealthy eating habbits. Hank mentions that Peggy hasn't sold a house in six months, if that was the case, then she should have been fired. And if it has been six months then Luanne should have given birth by now. But it seems that Luanne is fading out of the show, I'm not sure they even rememeber that she's still pregnant.

And Bobby was as pointless as ever. I wish he would go through puberty, maybe he'd be interesting then.

dissapearing

[6]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    lmao, bill is an iddiot and this episode was so BORING!!!

nxtbestdirector

[7]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    i atually liked this episode to me story is more evident in this show while still being funny 5/5

zan4

[8]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    mp34mp wrote:
    Doesn't it seem odd that Hank would be so easily persuaded into huge a huge monster of a tv in his house, when he said the old TV was just fine? Even with episodes showing Hank's loyalty to American made TVs, and then suddenly he's gung ho about a Japanese product, which seems to be missing a manual.
    keep in mind what hank told bobby about making your own money and be able to do whatever he wants with it... Samething with peggy..she made the money that bought the tv..so why would he fight it?

HelloStuart

[9]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 63
    Semaj86 wrote:

This show's weariness is evident in the fact that they've gone back to ignoring a lot of the additions they've made since Season 11. Hank mentions here that Peggy hadn't sold a house in 6 months, which was really the first we've heard of her new realty job in... a very long time.

Last season, actually. There was that Quinceanera episode, plus "Six Characters in Search of a House." When Hank said it'd been six months, that was a rare instance of KOTH action moving in real time.

So, did anybody dig the "Mad Money" spoof?

mp34mp

[10]Nov 27, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:

This show's weariness is evident in the fact that they've gone back to ignoring a lot of the additions they've made since Season 11. Hank mentions here that Peggy hadn't sold a house in 6 months, which was really the first we've heard of her new realty job in... a very long time.

Last season, actually. There was that Quinceanera episode, plus "Six Characters in Search of a House." When Hank said it'd been six months, that was a rare instance of KOTH action moving in real time.

So, did anybody dig the "Mad Money" spoof?

And "Mad Money" being?

walkerdoug

[11]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    It's a movie where these three women try to get money by robbing bank or something like that.

HelloStuart

[12]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 63
    walkerdoug wrote:
    It's a movie where these three women try to get money by robbing bank or something like that.

Well, there's that, but the "Mad Money" I'm referring to is a cable financial-advice show hosted by the lovably apoplectic Jim Cramer.