King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Episode Discussion: "Lost In Myspace"

walkerdoug

[1]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    Discuss any thoughts or opinions you have regarding this episode.
    Thought it was o.k, funny seeing Buck get beat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CFlovesLF

[2]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 51
    Probably the worst episode ever. No wonder this is the last season. It's such a shame too, this used to be an amazingly funny show.

black_mage_x

[3]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 22
    I thought this episode was okay. It might have been a 24 minute commercial for myspace but at least it had some good jokes.

And for once Buck actually acted responsibily and listen to Hank. And when he got beat up he didn't blame it on Hank like everyone else does.

mp34mp

[4]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 16
    Debbie is still an idiot. Man what a psychopath. This was the first I've ever heard of "Flash Mob". Does that actually happen? And so we see another chapter of Dale's obsession with truffles. When Ladybird licked that huge truffle chunk in the restaurant, that made me laugh.

mp34mp

[5]Nov 8, 2008
    When they first mentioned Myspace in this episode, I immediately thought "Ok, KOTH is now in 2003/04/05" or whenever Myspace got really popular. I might be missing some pop culture references, but this might be the first dated reference since Y2K (tho I'm sure I'm completely wrong).

HelloStuart

[6]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:
    Debbie is still an idiot. Man, what a psychopath. This was the first I've ever heard of "Flash Mob". Does that actually happen? And so we see another chapter of Dale's obsession with truffles. When Ladybird licked that huge truffle chunk in the restaurant, that made me laugh.

Flash Mobs were all the rage about four years ago. Basically, you would send a mass e-mail to (minimum) twenty of your friends to meet at a certain place at a certain time and do something random, like buy a "Happy Birthday Uncle" greeting card or square-dance in the park. Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

I think the intention was to make Debbie look like she didn't have a life outside of Strickland. The fact that she was obsessing over a social networking site that is already considered passe made her look even more pathetic. The truffle subplot was pretty good in spite of the abrupt ending.

mp34mp

[7]Nov 9, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Debbie is still an idiot. Man, what a psychopath. This was the first I've ever heard of "Flash Mob". Does that actually happen? And so we see another chapter of Dale's obsession with truffles. When Ladybird licked that huge truffle chunk in the restaurant, that made me laugh.

Flash Mobs were all the rage about four years ago. Basically, you would send a mass e-mail to (minimum) twenty of your friends to meet at a certain place at a certain time and do something random, like buy a "Happy Birthday Uncle" greeting card or square-dance in the park. Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

I think the intention was to make Debbie look like she didn't have a life outside of Strickland. The fact that she was obsessing over a social networking site that is already considered passe made her look even more pathetic. The truffle subplot was pretty good in spite of the abrupt ending.

Wow, Flash Mobs are 4 years old??? Then this episode really felt dated! And how LAME. I'm wondering if they're digging up old scripts written years ago that were put in the "maybe pile", or they're just that back-logged.

HelloStuart

[8]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Wow, Flash Mobs are 4 years old??? Then this episode really felt dated! And how LAME. I'm wondering if they're digging up old scripts written years ago that were put in the "maybe pile", or they're just that back-logged.

I was wondering that, too. "Lost in MySpace" was probably written in 2005 and shelved for 2 1/2 years.

Semaj86

[9]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 6

I was saying earlier that it's a little surprising that there would still be shows doing episodes in 2008 where people are just getting acquainted with computer technology. And from what I've heard, most of the momentum in social networking has shifted to Facebook in the past three years.

Also, was there not enough in Strickland Propane's budget to get a domain name for their own website? Never mind that there actually IS a Strickland MySpace page, but Strickland doesn't seem like the type of professional affiliate that would really appeal to a MySpace crowd, outside perhaps early middle-agers trying to be "hip".

This was the first real episode that focused on Donna (Debbie died in 2000, remember?), and like most new ideas, the writers tackled it half-heartedly. Somebody does something new, Hank no likey, liberal madness, same procedue. It seems with all the years she's been around, they could've given us earlier clues that Donna was more interested in designs than accounting.

But yeah, she IS a pyschopath. Any public diatribes against her employment like THAT should've gotten her permanently fired.

Semaj86

[10]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    Another thing, I'm growing real tired of pointless subplots, especially those focused on Dale. They obviously didn't need him, Bobby, or Bill in this episode, so there was no shame in leaving them out until the next episode.