King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Episode Discussion: "Staright As An Arrow"

walkerdoug

[1]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 23
    So Hank meets a new family, and he and buddy reopen the straight arrow. Didn't we see this before. Where Bobby and his friends joined a group and they beat the crane.So, if I am correct, this episode was just a repeat of sorts. Who else thought this way about it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

coolchris44

[2]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 22

it was a so-so epiosde.

the lucky and luanne parts were funny.

the whole arrow thing was kinda dull.

overall a 6/10

Semaj86

[3]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 6

Yes, there was a boy scout episode way back in Season 1. And this episode doesn't come close to meeting it.

The main plot was terribly predictable, with the only slight twist being that there was an adequete reason after all for the one-timer's fruity ways. But as has been the norm for a while, not much was accomplished from Bobby's end.

The subplot was a little more entertaining. Are they still having the episode where Lu gives birth, or are they just avoiding another continuity issue like from Season 3?

Better than the last few episodes, though at this point, it doesn't mean much at all.

2.5/5

HelloStuart

[4]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 63
    walkerdoug wrote:
    So Hank meets a new family, and he and buddy reopen the straight arrow. Didn't we see this before? Where Bobby and his friends joined a group and they beat the crane? So, if I am correct, this episode was just a repeat of sorts. Who else thought this way about it?

Not exactly. Hank explained that the Arlen chapter of the Straight Arrow was disbanded when "American Idol" became popular. If anything, the repeated theme of this episode was that Hank's parenting skills clashed with another parent's, the only difference was that this dad was slightly more conservative than Hank was, and even more overprotective than Peggy.

As for the episode itself- pretty underwhelming. Even if you completely removed that uninspired Luanne/Lucky subplot, it was still mediocre.

imdam0n

[5]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    just watching that episode look like one of an oldie or repeat. except the whole collecting bridal stuff was kind of akward. good 20 mins of my life gone but i live for tv

black_mage_x

[6]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 22
    I have nothing to say because nothing interesting happened.

I thought it was stupid that the man was trying to shelter his kids from everything and his only excuse that one had ADHD and the other was Hyperglycemic.

Is he going to shelter them from everything until they are 18?

80sfan1983

[7]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    wean I read this on wikipeda was thinking the same thing about the whole Straight Arrow thing but then I thought maybe Bobby quit,but wean Hank told Dwight (or whatever his name) was about the whole American Idol thing I knew Bobby wold weather watch American Idol then be in, the Aarow Heads,inway I give Straight As An Arrow a 6/10 buy the way what ever happened to Randy's dad the old Arrow leader?

HelloStuart

[8]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 63

black_mage_x wrote:
    I have nothing to say because nothing interesting happened.

I thought it was stupid that the man was trying to shelter his kids from everything and his only excuse that one had ADHD and the other was Hypoglycemic.

Is he going to shelter them from everything until they are 18?

I'm sure the boys will do fine; you can't micro-manage your children forever.

Edited on 12/03/2008 7:19am

mp34mp

[9]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    Wow... this episode. Just.. blah.

Man that Luanne / Lucky plot really sucked. How dare that hillbilly redneck trash demand gifts like that. And what, Bobby has no recollection of his Straight Arrow past? You know the main plot totally reminds me of Rod & Todd Flanders from a Simpsons episode from Season 5 where Bart joined the Junior Campers and it had Ernest Borgnine in it. Kids never heard of violent video games, introduced to sugar, overprotective father. At least Ernest Borgnine got mauled by a bear in the Simpsons version. This episode kind of sucked and I was hoping for some more old school Straight Arrow stuff. It's only natural for kids to be curious about fire and to play with it. Unfortunately, this episode reminded me of my extremely lame suburbian brief stint in the Cub Scouts. All we did was hang out in some mother with braces's basement. And yeah, I did cut my finger open with my pocket knife one morning shortly after I got it