King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

FOX cancels King of the Hill

Koume

[21]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I Love all the "Animation Domination" cartoons, I think out of them all King of the hill is my least favorite. But I love it alot. It's really sad!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitsukigirl13

[22]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 18
    Well, atleast it's ending on a high note. If this is the last season, I hope Bill finnaly gets a girl.

shadowysea07

[23]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 25
    i can't believe they are cancelling it for the stupid cleveland show. that shows gonna be cancelled before its second season. they should of done the quagmire show.
    Edited on 11/02/2008 5:26pm

zan4

[24]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think most people are upset about them not rapping up the running storyline then them ending the show as a whole everyone wanted to see bobby fillin out a bit and the redcorn thing

mp34mp

[25]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 16
    zan4 wrote:
    I think most people are upset about them not rapping up the running storyline then them ending the show as a whole everyone wanted to see bobby fillin out a bit and the redcorn thing

I personally don't care if they never wrap things up with Bill, Bobby or John Redcorn.

berberdog

[26]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 7

I really wanted to see Bobby get his growth spurt and moustache. Oh well...It was too good to ever happen.

At least they may release all the remaining DVDs now, without their focus on the ratings and productions of the episodes anymore. I mean, what else can you do with a cancelled show? FOX will want as much money left from KOTH as they can get.

mp34mp

[27]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 16
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    i can't believe they are cancelling it for the stupid cleveland show.

It's not being canceled because of the Cleveland show. Mike Judge has clearly stated that he was sick of doing the show since Season 10, and intended for the show to end 2 years ago & they wrote a finale (the Lucky & Luanne wedding) but Fox kept renewing them at the last minute. King of the Hill was not going to last forever.

Jim856796

[28]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 14

I am Jim856796, and this ismy opinion of "King of the Hill"'s very shocking cancellation:

I am not fuch of a fan of King of the Hill, but I am surprised that they are finally ending the show after 13 seasons. What's worse about the show is that the TVseriesfinale article said they have no plans to write a special finale episode. A long running show without a finale is just terrible. I saw several shows in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s not have formal finales until I saw both parts of the Fugitive series finale (The Judgment) in mid-1967. I know animated shows rarely have finales, but King of the Hill needs to have a finale episode. Even a semi-formal final episode like those of Laverne & Shirley and The Odd Couple should suffice.

justinwestnet

[29]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    Good. This show has been nothing but terrible but the last few seasons. How is it even funny anymore? I loved the older episodes. A lot more original, good story lines and some funny writing, but now they're trying too hard. Peggy is one of the most annoying characters on TV, and now the stories are lame, like tonights episode on myspace. It also sucks they won't wrap it up, just end the series like a regular episode. It sucks the new Cleveland show will be taking it's place. Really FOX? Really? There isn't a funny cartoon out there NOT made by Seth McFarlane? Family Guy is great (stories are kind of dumb, but it's the random flashbacks and random scenes that make it great), but I don't think I have ever seen more than 5 seconds of American Dad, and Cleveland is annoying as it is on one show part time, imagine him for 20 minutes each week. Sucks to see King of the Hill go, but based on what I've seen the last few years, it's time.

walkerdoug

[30]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    Sucks that King of the hill has to go. It was part of their animation domination. Now all they have are the simpsons, Family guy and American dad.The only good one of the final three is FG.

D-LinkUK

[31]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 24

So sad when i heard this, personnally i'd sooner keep KOTH and get rid of The Simpsons which has slumped in past seasons, but KOTH has had a great run and will bow out with dignity.

Hank et all... R.I.P

lanmanna

[32]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 3
    I am really sad to see it go. It is the only show I really like. Malcolm in the Middle and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy both cancelled on me. Now it has to be KoH. I hope that ABC picks it up. It will just be odd watching it on something other than Fox or FX though. O_O

Blaze_the_cat

[33]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    Thankfully, there's a possibility of the show's return, as indicated in the article. Who knows how long this "cancellation" will last.

HelloStuart

[34]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    buggy_boy wrote:
    I think people should remember that this decision was probably not all FOX. I have a feeling that the two co-creators also wanted to end things. Greg Daniels is the Show Runner for The Office as well as it's new spinoff, while Mike Judge is working on another show at the moment. I'm sure if KOTH stayed on the air the input from both of these guys would be limited and the show would just begin to get worse. And also remember that just because it got cancelled doesn't mean we will never see a new episode ever again, they still have a few hold-overs from last season as well as any new episodes made for the 13th season. So enjoy the last remaining episodes instead of worrying about the cancellation!

Actually, the "Office" spinoff was scrapped for a traditional three-camera sitcom starring Amy Poehler. Daniels is still producing that show, though.

HelloStuart

[35]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:
    zan4 wrote:

I personally don't care if they never wrap things up with Bill, Bobby or John Redcorn.

And they never will, and that's fine by me. Dale has watched one obvious clue after another fly by and he never put two and two together, and that made for some hilarious episodes. Even when Redcorn told Dale about Joseph to his face, Dale shugged it off and turned it into a jab at Bill's ex-wife.

cactusjack39

[36]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 30
    Is anyone surprised? I mean, were talking about Fox.

nxtbestdirector

[37]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    ya men if they never cancelled fg i would stillbe good now its horrible and they get rid of their best show whats that about i think futurama described fox best (see benders big score) but come on it will alwys be #1 in y book

maxpower144

[38]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 60
    All good things must come to an end. Hopefully they reconsider and create a series finale. That would be fun.

martinema

[39]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 4

cactusjack39 wrote:

You are completely right what fox should have done was bring KOTH back for a half of a season until they at least found a descent replacement. The Cleveland show may not even last a full season.

BUT 13 Seasons was a good run!!!

startug

[40]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    I will miss this show, it was very good and funny. If there were DVD's at Walmart, I would be happy, my dad likes King of the Hill as well. Family Guy is plain stupid now, The Simpsons is pretty good, but the new ones aren`t as good, American Dad is pretty much a good show, better than Today's Family Guy, King of the Hill was great, Futurama was wonderful, but The Cleveland show, what the hell are these people thinking? Stupid Seth Macfarlane.