King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Haven't Lost It's Touch

Do You Think King of the Hill Has Lost it's Touch?

mastab13

[1]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 12
    King of the Hill is the only animated show ever to be on FOX that hasn't lost it's value. Think about it, Family Guy has gotten worse because it never bring out any NEW jokes. The Simpsons is tiring itself out, even though it's still a good show, It has "somewhat" over stayed it's welcome. Who else agrees?
    Edited on 02/04/2009 10:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

berberdog

[2]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    The characters haven't changed, and the plots are still realistic. It's the same ol' damn good show.

HelloStuart

[3]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 63
    This is not a question that can be simply answered with a yes or no. The show can still be pretty funny at times, but KOTH has also shown its age. I'm not sure what you mean by "value," given how poorly Fox has treated KOTH over the years, not to mention its imminent departure from the network schedule.

Comicguy87

[4]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    It's still funny at times but it's not as good as it used to be mainly because of three reasons, number 1.Bobby's immaturity he used to be more mature than is now, in the earlier seasons he was naive because he was younger and sheltered from many things and later on he quit acting goofy and stuff but in the new ones he reverted back and is even less mature than the earlier ones, Number 2. Luanne marrying Lucky it was a horrible decision, she is now dumber than she used to be, and Lucky is very ugly and much older than she is he is old enough to be her father, and Number 3. Cotton's death he was a great character and I didn't like how they did it, he should have had a more heroric death like reluctantly sacrificing himself for Peggy but instead his prejudice of the Japanese returns even though he forgave them and dies from burns on a grill and shrimp allergy and Peggy **** him out just before he dies you just don't do that to a dying person and they didn't show his funeral.
    Edited on 02/07/2009 3:24pm

HelloStuart

[5]Feb 7, 2009
    Comicguy87 wrote:
    It's still funny at times but it's not as good as it used to be mainly because of three reasons, number 1.Bobby's immaturity he used to be more mature than is now, in the earlier seasons he was naive because he was younger and sheltered from many things and later on he quit acting goofy and stuff but in the new ones he reverted back and is even less mature than the earlier ones, Number 2. Luanne marrying Lucky it was a horrible decision, she is now dumber than she used to be, and Lucky is very ugly and much older than she is he is old enough to be her father, and Number 3. Cotton's death he was a great character and I didn't like how they did it, he should have had a more heroric death like reluctantly sacrificing himself for Peggy but instead his prejudice of the Japanese returns even though he forgave them and dies from burns on a grill and shrimp allergy and Peggy **** him out just before he dies you just don't do that to a dying person and they didn't show his funeral.

Of course, you're working on the theory that Cotton was an inherently good person, which he almost never was. Peggy got her revenge after years of being abused and undermined by her father-in-law.

mp34mp

[6]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    I wouldn't say the show lost its touch, but it has lost some of its luster. The show has just evolved into just telling stories. It's just not even funny anymore. If the best they can do lately is Principal Moss running away from Hank, then you know the show is running on fumes.

zan4

[7]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 10
    as i see it... Cotton should of had a more respectful send off. He is a war vet who took out 50 men and lost his shins ..I think over all he is a good person he was just very much ruff around the edges... Overall i think he is a good person but hates the fact that he never got the respect he should of seeing that he is a war vet. They should of shown his funeral and gave him a proper send off.... Am really annoyed that they killed him off....

mp34mp

[8]Feb 9, 2009
    I don't understand where people find "good" in Cotton. The man was a hateful miserable pissant who mistreated women his whole life. He didn't even like his firstborn son. If anything, he was a disgraced war veteran who gambled, had prostitutues & strippers, lived irresponsibly, fathered a child in old age with no means of financial support, and all he did was piss people off around him & was a menace to society. If anything, the show did a perfect ending to Cotton's life, and it's justified that there was no Cotton funeral, because he basically had no friends or family left (Didi left or he left her) and nobody had a nice thing to say to him because he hasn't done anything for anybody. Just because people were in the military doesn't mean a damn thing. I don't believe being in the military gives one an automatic pass to Sainthood or respect.

zan4

[9]Feb 9, 2009

mp34mp wrote:
    I don't understand where people find "good" in Cotton. The man was a hateful miserable pissant who mistreated women his whole life. He didn't even like his firstborn son. If anything, he was a disgraced war veteran who gambled, had prostitutues & strippers, lived irresponsibly, fathered a child in old age with no means of financial support, and all he did was piss people off around him & was a menace to society. If anything, the show did a perfect ending to Cotton's life, and it's justified that there was no Cotton funeral, because he basically had no friends or family left (Didi left or he left her) and nobody had a nice thing to say to him because he hasn't done anything for anybody. Just because people were in the military doesn't mean a damn thing. I don't believe being in the military gives one an automatic pass to Sainthood or respect.

First thing he has done allot of good thing in the show.

if it wasnt for him peggy prob would never been able to walk. He helped her in a tough work out and made her dance on his grave... I think that was a good thing.

Also about the first born son thing Remember hank isnt his first born son.... his the middle child... I think cotton looks at him how hank looks at bobby as a kid who didnt live up to his expations. Hank has done some ashole things to bobby in the past too....cotton has shown allot of love to bobby he protected him when the church was burnt down. He indirectly showed hank that just because bobby is a lump or something to that aspect isnt a bad thing since you cant beat down lump...

There is allot more but i cant really think of it at this momment...

also you have to remember he is from a differnt decade when it was ok to "disrespect" woman and in the army they allowed there troops to go in to towns on there days off and hook up with hookers and such... I know this as a fact because my father was a soilder in the army around the same time when cotton would of been one.....

Come on think about all the piss poor ----- hank done to bobby. He shot down his dream about being a prop comic Hell he doesnt even tell him that he loves him just like cotton did to him... At times sure hank had his reason here and there but still he doesnt allow bobby to become his own man....

Also cotton did his best for GH.

`

HelloStuart

[10]Feb 10, 2009
    mp34mp wrote:

I mostly agree with that, though Cotton did take a shine to Bobby. Cotton helped Peggy with physical training only because she wasn't taking her injury seriously, so that was only kind of a favor. As for Zan4's comment that Hank has done nothing but hinder Bobby's dreams- Bobby is the one that has made one irrational decision after another. You can't expect a 13-year-old to know how the real world functions. Besides, comedians stopped working with props around 1996.

zan4

[11]Feb 10, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

I mostly agree with that, though Cotton did take a shine to Bobby. Cotton helped Peggy with physical training only because she wasn't taking her injury seriously, so that was only kind of a favor. As for Zan4's comment that Hank has done nothing but hinder Bobby's dreams- Bobby is the one that has made one irrational decision after another. You can't expect a 13-year-old to know how the real world functions. Besides, comedians stopped working with props around 1996.
    Yea he was 13 his father could of been more supportive seeing how fast kids change there mind....He is 13 years old and they change there minds they want to learn new things and figure things out for themselves...Kinds need space to figure out what they want to do for the rest of there life.... Bobby is a great kid. He is great with the girls his funny his a great shot. his a good cook. His a good friend. Even tho he made a few mistakes here and there.. but his a kid..that there job to screw up onces in a while its apart of growning up....

Its been shown time after time that he want bobby to be just like him he wants him to be the foot ball player he was he wants him to work with propane. Just like how cotton wanted hank to be a war vet like he was a good with a gun...etc.... Also am not saying he has done nothing but hinder bobby's choices..But he hasnt been very supportive at times.... Like i said if i had my choice between a reprogrammed child or a flawed kid like bobby ill take bobby.....

mp34mp

[12]Feb 11, 2009
    zan4 wrote:
    Like i said if i had my choice between a reprogrammed child or a flawed kid like bobby ill take bobby.....
    You must have a lot of patience and understanding, because a loose cannon like Bobby would drive a parent up the wall. I take it you're not a parent, because a programmed kid is a lot more enjoyable to deal with than some obnoxious & lame kid like Bobby. Bobby needs to be knocked on his ass.
    Edited on 02/11/2009 1:04pm

zan4

[13]Feb 11, 2009

mp34mp wrote:
    zan4 wrote:
    Like i said if i had my choice between a reprogrammed child or a flawed kid like bobby ill take bobby.....
    You must have a lot of patience and understanding, because a loose cannon like Bobby would drive a parent up the wall. I take it you're not a parent, because a programmed kid is a lot more enjoyable to deal with that some obnoxious & lame kid like Bobby. Bobby needs to be knocked on his ass.
    ya am not a parent but am around kids all the time... I like lose flaws kids there more intresting they are fun to be around .They have personlity...... Honestly they are real kids....kids are not supposed to be "preprogramed"... How will those kids reacted to real world? How will they reacted to drugs and sex if they was never showned or talked about it... The kids that mom was rising is going to have a hell of a problem when they face the real world..... Kids like bobby even thought they have there problems.... They will grow up better suited for a this world.... Even tho he was sheldered to a point..... not as bad as those other kids......

Also if you cant stand having kids running around breaking things and stuff like that you shouldnt be a parent......

Also how is bobby lame?

His funny

good with girls

A good friend.

Good kid.

He is a good dancer

Like i said.........Before.... His flawed but its humans to be flawed....

mp34mp

[14]Feb 11, 2009
    zan4 wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    zan4 wrote:
    You must have a lot of patience and understanding, because a loose cannon like Bobby would drive a parent up the wall. I take it you're not a parent, because a programmed kid is a lot more enjoyable to deal with that some obnoxious & lame kid like Bobby. Bobby needs to be knocked on his ass.
    ya am not a parent but am around kids all the time... I like lose flaws kids there more intresting they are fun to be around .They have personlity...... Honestly they are real kids....kids are not supposed to be "preprogramed"... How will those kids reacted to real world? How will they reacted to drugs and sex if they was never showned or talked about it... The kids that mom was rising is going to have a hell of a problem when they face the real world..... Kids like bobby even thought they have there problems.... They will grow up better suited for a this world.... Even tho he was sheldered to a point..... not as bad as those other kids......

Also if you cant stand having kids running around breaking things and stuff like that you shouldnt be a parent......

Also how is bobby lame?

His funny

good with girls

A good friend.

Good kid.

He is a good dancer

Personally, I don't find Bobby funny. He's also over-weight, very lazy, doesn't know anything about sports, he's not very good at school, and he dances, which are all polar character trait opposites of me. I think human flaws need to be kept to a minimum, given the situation our country is in. What you find interesting, I find it annoying. Children shouldn't misbehave. I was taught at a very early age not to misbehave. And yes, I am one of those people who shush in the movie theatre and yell at mothers in supermarkets for their bratty misbehaving kids. Case in point, Bobby almost got Hank's ass fired because of Bobby's taught misbehaving ways in the Propaniacs. Hank knew it all along: that boy ain't right!

zan4

[15]Feb 12, 2009
    mp34mp wrote:
    zan4 wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    zan4 wrote:

Also how is bobby lame?

His funny

good with girls

A good friend.

Good kid.

He is a good dancer

Personally, I don't find Bobby funny. He's also over-weight, very lazy, doesn't know anything about sports, he's not very good at school, and he dances, which are all polar character trait opposites of me. I think human flaws need to be kept to a minimum, given the situation our country is in. What you find interesting, I find it annoying. Children shouldn't misbehave. I was taught at a very early age not to misbehave. And yes, I am one of those people who shush in the movie theatre and yell at mothers in supermarkets for their bratty misbehaving kids. Case in point, Bobby almost got Hank's ass fired because of Bobby's taught misbehaving ways in the Propaniacs. Hank knew it all along: that boy ain't right!

Well that sucks to be you then.... There is a balance in this world... If you force your kids to be preprogrammed all you doing is screwing up the kid when they get older and have to make there own choices..... But to each there own...... Also as a former high school wrestler.... Sport isn't that impotent... Even more middle and high school.. You get the school to state then blow out your back or leg and then you useless to them. They wont help you after you leave the school or anything.... Trust me i know. Hell bill is the perfect exsample of what happens to most high school sport players.

The propaniacs was something hank liked. It was hank fault that he took the diapers gag.... Also the odds of that happening in real life is slim to non...

How i see it doesnt matter what you find funny... People think bobby is funny in his school for the most part and he gets along well with the girls..That something more then you can say then most kids his age.....

Oh yea that to sport i have a screwed up back that limits my movement.....Yea sport is very importent.....

cactusjack39

[16]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 30
    I don't think it's ever lost its touch. What exactly was its touch to begin with? I think we all have different perspectives on what we like, dislike, and come to expect from King of the Hill. I think it's stayed the same since it began with a premise of simple people living simple lives that have had less than simple stories and experiences.

xTokiWartoothx

[17]Feb 14, 2009
    the latest episode proves that king of the hill is better than ever. the final shot with the kleindtschmidt family photo was the most heartwarming moment in the entire series.

mitsukigirl13

[18]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    Has it lost it's touch? NO WAY!

I just started watching KotH a couple years ago, and so far, every ep I've seen has made me laugh and/or smile at the end, unlike The Simpsons where I haven't LOLed for the past 5 new episodes. With The Simpsons, I'm hoping the 500th epi will be the last, Come on people, let it die! But with KotH, I'm really gonna miss it It seems like there are so many more episodes I still have to see, and of course I can't buy the dvds cause my stupid Wal-Mart don't sell them. But like I always say, it's best to quit while you're are ahead. In 50 years, when people remember Family Guy, they'll remember it as the show that made no sense and was gross & crude to the max.

When people remember The Simpsons, they'll remember itas the show that had 1000 episodes, but turned to crap the last ten seasons.

But when people remember KotH, they'll remember it as the funny show, that alwayys made us smile, and never lost it's touch.

HelloStuart

[19]Feb 14, 2009
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    The latest episode proves that king of the hill is better than ever. The final shot with the Kleinschmidt family photo was the most heartwarming moment in the entire series.

You're probably right. KOTH has always been firm but fair, but rarely as heartwarming as that final shot.

SparkleDiamond

[20]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    Yeah, I liked the pic at the end. But sucks the show is going to be canceled But, it's been cool watching it