King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

If Bobby was raised

stump2790

[1]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 4

I notice that Bobby is a mixture of Hank and Peggy and he trys for thinks with Hanks encouragement, but then gives up due to Peggy so what do you think he'd be like if Hank and Peggy were seperated when Bobby was young and only one raised him.

I say Hank:

Bobby would be slim and muscular and skilled at football and baseball. And have a letter on the football, track, and basketball teams.

Would hang out with other jocks and would stand outside with the guys and converse about mixed subjects and occasionally get into a discussion with Hank about Propane.

If Peggy raised him:

Would be much fatter and lazier. would be a ***** and get beat up constantly. Wouldn't try at anything and would cry everytime something bad happened. Would be in remedial classes at school and would be a snitch and get beat up for it.

And Peggy will constantly be telling him how great she is leading Bobby to think that Peggy is the greatest and will be made fun of for it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 63
    stump2790 wrote:

I notice that Bobby is a mixture of Hank and Peggy...

I don't think that's the word you're looking for...

mp34mp

[3]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 16
    HelloStuart wrote:
    stump2790 wrote:

I notice that Bobby is a mixture of Hank and Peggy...

I don't think that's the word you're looking for...

Unregardless..... Peggy did screw up the boy more than his old man ever did.

Sillygostly

[4]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    What a silly topic.

And how did Peggy "screw" Bobby up exactly? It's Hank who is constantly criticizing his son's interests and fails to nurture any of his talents (even episodes such as "How To Shoot a Rifle Without Really Trying"). Even though Bobby was talented in a field in which Hank himself was interested in, his jealousy and compulsion to succeed put him off supporting his own son until Peggy talked some sense into him.

I'm not saying that either are bad parents, but they both have their fair share of faults.

stump2790

[5]Nov 5, 2007
    Sillygostly wrote:
    What a silly topic.

And how did Peggy "screw" Bobby up exactly? It's Hank who is constantly criticizing his son's interests and fails to nurture any of his talents (even episodes such as "How To Shoot a Rifle Without Really Trying"). Even though Bobby was talented in a field in which Hank himself was interested in, his jealousy and compulsion to succeed put him off supporting his own son until Peggy talked some sense into him.

I'm not saying that either are bad parents, but they both have their fair share of faults.

But Peggy wants him to be a loser unless it'll make her look bad.

Megaman200798

[6]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 13
    stump2790 wrote:
    Sillygostly wrote:
    What a silly topic.

But Peggy wants him to be a loser unless it'll make her look bad.

She wants Bobby to be happy. If thats off the fields so be it

orangerr95

[7]Aug 22, 2008
    I think Hank would be a better parent but right now, he is too close minded in my opinion. Of course, there are times Bobby is a bit "fruity".

astrix83

[8]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 1
    Even though I would personally like to be raised by peggy since I could get away with more I still think Hank would be best for bobby. In the end bobby would be better off with hank, hank would always tell him to man up and be strong and tough which in reality bobby does need that type of support. Bobby would still act himself, no matter how much hank would try to make him be like hank. Bobbys natural personality would bloom when he would hit the teenage years and so on. With peggy she would just encourage him to do anything he wants, leading to him acting really stupid and getting made fun of. He wouldnt know his limits, and would always act childish. Hank wins hands down and this has nothing to do with men growing children better than women because it never matters what gender it is as long as they do a good job.
    Edited on 09/14/2008 2:08am

black_mage_x

[9]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    Hank would definetly be the better raiser. Its already been shown that Bobby doesn't care about anything unless he excels in it (comedy or pop culture) and is willing to give up as soon as the going gets tough.

I say the reason that Peggy can't see it as because she thinks that everyone is beneath her.

And to the person that said that Peggy wants him to be happy, Bobby would be happy eating nothing but junkfood, never having to move and traveling around in an electric wheel chair, and staying home to play video games and watch T.V. all day, but that wouldn't be good for him.

A lot of the time with Peggy is she tries to be his friend instead of his mother, while Hank doesn't.

coolchris44

[10]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    astrix83 wrote:
    Even though I would personally like to be raised by peggy since I could get away with more I still think Hank would be best for bobby. In the end bobby would be better off with hank, hank would always tell him to man up and be strong and tough which in reality bobby does need that type of support. Bobby would still act himself, no matter how much hank would try to make him be like hank. Bobbys natural personality would bloom when he would hit the teenage years and so on. With peggy she would just encourage him to do anything he wants, leading to him acting really stupid and getting made fun of. He wouldnt know his limits, and would always act childish. Hank wins hands down and this has nothing to do with men growing children better than women because it never matters what gender it is as long as they do a good job.
    true that.