King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Is Adult Swim using KOTH as a 'buffer' show?

Gojirob

[1]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 7

So they're running it at 9PM/9:30PM, and then again at 5AM/5:30AM. Is this an effort to keep anything else a parent might find objectionable compressed with the acceptable KOTH surrounding both bedtime and getting-up time?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

berberdog

[2]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 7

The thing about "King of the Hill" on Adult Swim that annoys me the most is the formatting. All the season 13 HD episodes are aired in full-screen so all the corners are cropped off. I will hear a character talk from what would have been the far left or right side of the screen in widescreen, but on Adult Swim, I can only see their hand wave. At first I thougt maybe they couldn't air the show in widescreen formatting, but now I see the new HD Family Guys on there are aired with the black bars in WIDESCREEN!!!

HelloStuart

[3]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 63
    Gojirob wrote:

So they're running it at 9PM/9:30PM, and then again at 5AM/5:30AM. Is this an effort to keep anything else a parent might find objectionable compressed with the acceptable KOTH surrounding both bedtime and getting-up time?

Now that I think about it, that's highly possible.

selena_cyrus16

[4]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 6
    Gojirob wrote:

Kozmo1

[5]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 3
    I think it's probably on when more of an audience is up because it's more popular, along with FG, Futurama etc...not sure what the current lineup is since we dropped cable, but always remembered the Fox rerun stuff on earlier and usualy the wierd crap later in the middle of the night.

DOMOJITA

[6]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 18
    to tell the truth im geting kinda tired of seeing the same old thing on AS i mutch wrather if thay bring back some of the good stuff like home movies the brak show sealab 2021 and etc, and i want to see more anime every neight like we use to get befor thay just aired anime only at 12:00am on saturday neights, or maybe some new shows that dont suck and some animes that would be sweet.