King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

King of the Hill in: Beavis & Butthead Do Arlen

Should Beavis & Butthead Appear on K.O.T.H.

jaws2341

[1]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 5

it would be neat if they appeared on there

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 63
    You should've asked this question ten years ago.

My answer is definitely no.

mp34mp

[4]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 16

Ah yes, this age old question. Everybody wants to see the last scene of King of the Hill, where Hank is throwing a b.b.q. party in his backyard, and on the final scene, Butthead says to Beavis, "This show sucks!" and Beavis would go "Yeah! Heh heh heh yeah!" and then fade out to the credits.

No. And it was said by Greg Daniels in the beginning of KOTH, "The only shot this show has is if it doesn't feel like `The Simpsons' and looks like `Beavis and Butt-head'."

Hmmm.. that wasn't what I was trying to say at all. I was going to say the opposite about the B&B reference.

r10tp00f

[5]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 7

I would love to see an episode in Mike Judge's two worlds crossed over. Sure it would gimmicky and simply a novelity... what did Bart once say, "Another lame cartoon cross over" (right before Jay Sherman, the Critic walked in) Still it would make for an awesome episode. Beavis and Butthead are such idiots, they would drive Hank crazy. They would be a bad influence on Bobby and Joseph. Whackiness would ensue... I mean come on, just one episode.

mp34mp

[6]Feb 16, 2008
    Some people don't know bad ideas when they see them. A crossover would very Simpsons-esque, which is what they're trying to avoid.

HelloStuart

[7]Feb 16, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    Some people don't know bad ideas when they see them. A crossover would very Simpsons-esque, which is what they're trying to avoid.

Agreed. Plus, TV shows stopped doing crossovers fifteen years ago.

mp34mp

[8]Feb 16, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Don't forget the CBS Monday Night King of Queens / Everybody Loves Raymond / Becker crossover from the early 00s. I think they even got that CBS Cosby show in there, too. They don't even show any of those crossover episodes in syndication. They were pretty bad as I recall.

HelloStuart

[9]Feb 17, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Don't forget the CBS Monday Night King of Queens / Everybody Loves Raymond / Becker crossover from the early 00s. I think they even got that CBS Cosby show in there, too. They don't even show any of those crossover episodes in syndication. They were pretty bad as I recall.

"Cosby" only ran until 2000, so it must've been during the 1999-00 TV season. I guess I missed it, but then again, none of those shows were ever appointment television for me.

mp34mp

[10]Feb 17, 2008

HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    "Cosby" only ran until 2000, so it must've been during the 1999-00 TV season. I guess I missed it, but then again, none of those shows were ever appointment television for me.

Oh it's very real. A quick Google search brought up this site:

http://www.poobala.com/cosbyandking.html

And well, in that era, the NBC Thrusday Night Must See TV era was dead with Seinfeld gone and Frasier on Tuesdays.

HelloStuart

[11]Feb 18, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Oh it's very real. A quick Google search brought up this site:

http://www.poobala.com/cosbyandking.html

And well, in that era, the NBC Thrusday Night Must See TV era was dead with Seinfeld gone and Frasier on Tuesdays.

In a way, "Must See TV" is still dead. The four comedies that air on Thursday nights on NBC are there by convinience, and aren't connected in shape or form to "Cheers," "Seinfeld," et al. As for "ER," that show has probably run about three years too many.

bigideas

[12]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3

i don't think it would work.

KOTH tries to base the look and actions of all the characters on reality.

there are not any characters that look like B&B on the show.

now a Mr Anderson cameo.......since he basically sounds like Hank, right?

or one of the other characters like Todd.

Hiei1314

[13]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    mp34mp wrote:

Ah yes, this age old question. Everybody wants to see the last scene of King of the Hill, where Hank is throwing a b.b.q. party in his backyard, and on the final scene, Butthead says to Beavis, "This show sucks!" and Beavis would go "Yeah! Heh heh heh yeah!" and then fade out to the credits.

*dies laughing* Dude, that would be AWESOME!