King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

KOTH Spin-off

  • Avatar of berberdog

    berberdog

    [1]Dec 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 288
    Would you watch if they made a spin-off that showed all the KOTH characters 4 years into the future? Bobby is 17 and driving his car to comedy clubs, Luanne's kid has a big role and is 4 years old, and Bill is dating a counselor, who went on a pity date with him after some sessions and ended up liking him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mp34mp

    mp34mp

    [2]Dec 3, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 4,173
    No. Spin-offs >>> cheap gimmicks to keep making money off a brand. Berberdog, are you late to the party and missed most of King of the Hill when it originally aired? Because I felt the same way about WKRP In Cincinnati, Taxi, All in the Family, Soap / Benson, Three's Company, Buffalo Bill, The Bob Newhart Show, Late Night with David Letterman, etc. You don't seem like the older type.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [3]Dec 4, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111
    mp34mp wrote:
    No. Spin-offs >>> cheap gimmicks to keep making money off a brand.

    I agree with Mark- the very idea of a spinoff undermines everything KOTH stands for. The show was not a cash show and never intended to be. When it's gone, it's gone.

    Besides, there are rules against fan-fic in the TV.com forums.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oceanic6

    oceanic6

    [4]Dec 4, 2008
    • member since: 02/16/08
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 899
    But if they had to make a spin - off, i'd want it about Dale as he's one of the funniest.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skull555

    skull555

    [5]Dec 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/01/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,187
    A spin off of King of the Hill like that could be pretty good! I would watch it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazy_gamerguy

    crazy_gamerguy

    [6]Dec 12, 2008
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 20
    Doubtful, very doubtful, the show's massive drop in quality seems to suggest that a spinoff would be a bad idea unless they did some major remodeling of the show. I just don't see another Frasier emerging from this show's ashes...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mp34mp

    mp34mp

    [7]Dec 12, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 4,173
    crazy_gamerguy wrote:
    Doubtful, very doubtful, the show's massive drop in quality seems to suggest that a spinoff would be a bad idea unless they did some major remodeling of the show. I just don't see another Frasier emerging from this show's ashes...


    A spin-off is about 99.999999999% dead, if not 100% at this point. "Frasier" was a one in a few generations spin-off. And even then, they changed Frasier on "Cheers" from being a Scotch & beer drinking wannabe everyman to a totally pretentious isolationist Sherry swilling snob on Frasier. As for KOTH, they've done a terrible job with this series in the past couple years, completely ignoring things from past episodes, and quite frankly, the show is now really subpar by their standards.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [8]Dec 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111
    mp34mp wrote:
    crazy_gamerguy wrote:
    Doubtful, very doubtful, the show's massive drop in quality seems to suggest that a spinoff would be a bad idea unless they did some major remodeling of the show. I just don't see another Frasier emerging from this show's ashes...

    A spin-off is about 99.999999999% dead, if not 100% at this point. "Frasier" was a one in a few generations spin-off. And even then, they changed Frasier on "Cheers" from being a Scotch & beer drinking wannabe everyman to a totally pretentious isolationist Sherry swilling snob on Frasier. As for KOTH, they've done a terrible job with this series in the past couple years, completely ignoring things from past episodes, and quite frankly, the show is now really subpar by their standards.

    Asking a cartoon to maintain some level of continuity is a very tall order. Even so, there's just not enough interest in the show (nor was there ever) to merit franchising KOTH.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joshchard

    joshchard

    [9]Dec 27, 2008
    • member since: 12/27/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 39
    I REALLY don't want a spin-off. It will ruin KOTH's legacy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of walkerdoug

    walkerdoug

    [10]Dec 29, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 722
    Why would they make a spin-off. And what would they do for this spin-off that people want?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.