King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

least favorite episode

SEEGBO1

[1]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    what is your all time least favorite episode
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

black_mage_x

[2]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    The one were Hank was taking care of that Army Segent's cat.

HelloStuart

[3]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 63
    Either the one with the country music festival or the one with the renaissance faire. Both were incredibly grating to watch.

mp34mp

[4]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    The one where Connie's cousin comes to visit and she's busy making drugs. Zero laughs in that one.

inferre

[5]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 11
    mp34mp wrote:
    The one where Connie's cousin comes to visit and she's busy making drugs. Zero laughs in that one.

Agreed. Totally.

oceanic6

[6]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 35

Good Hill Hunting. Yawn.

Edited on 06/17/2008 3:44am

kitsuneboy1

[7]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 10

Reborn to be Wild: I hate how they use such idiotic reasons to excuse Hank's ignorance and unwillingness to let Bobby try something he wants to do. Typical "Father Knows Best" B.S.

I swear I wanted to find the writers and Mike Judge, and slingshot punch bowls full of rotten Chinese take-out in their faces

mp34mp

[8]Jun 22, 2008
    kitsuneboy1 wrote:

Reborn to be Wild: I hate how they use such idiotic reasons to excuse Hank's ignorance and unwillingness to let Bobby try something he wants to do. Typical "Father Knows Best" B.S.

I swear I wanted to find the writers and Mike Judge, and slingshot punch bowls full of rotten Chinese take-out in their faces

Hank is the only sane one in a neighborhood block of insanity. He is the star and central point of the show. If you don't get or accept that, then you will never enjoy King of the Hill. Hank does know best. I take it Hank wouldn't like you at all.

kitsuneboy1

[9]Jun 23, 2008

I've seen the series from the begining, and back then, Hank wasn't even half as anal retentive as he has been in the last few episodes. There's a fine line between sanity, and having a redwood up the bum.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if Hank liked me or not.

And for the record, this show is another case of a series that dragged on too long past the best days. Look at what they did to Peggy, for crying out loud. She wasn't even half as obnoxious in the early days. Sure, her ego was funny when they first did it, but then they went overboard, like they did with Hank's uptight nature.

Hence, since last year, I stopped watching episodes that take place after the season I actually liked.

Edited on 06/23/2008 11:26am
    Edited 2 total times.

astrix83

[10]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 1
    The one where peggy takes a field trip with her class to Mexico and brings back a mexican girl. Ugh it was sooo annoying because they portray Mexico as this desert town with nothing but ghetto, typical redneck ignorant view. Then the girl says all these stupid things and of course wearing a mexico t shirt, its like c'mon thats so lame.

black_mage_x

[11]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    astrix83 wrote:
    The one where peggy takes a field trip with her class to Mexico and brings back a mexican girl. Ugh it was sooo annoying because they portray Mexico as this desert town with nothing but ghetto, typical redneck ignorant view. Then the girl says all these stupid things and of course wearing a mexico t shirt, its like c'mon thats so lame.

Hate to break it to you, but Mexico actually is like that. Except for Mexico City and the other big cities, Mexico is a barren, trash filled dump.

HelloStuart

[12]Sep 15, 2008
    black_mage_x wrote:
    astrix83 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but Mexico actually is like that. Except for Mexico City and the other big cities, Mexico is a barren, trash filled dump.

Not to mention, all the local governments are to some extent corrupt. When Peggy "kidnapped" that girl, they probably thought it was another Women of Juarez-type incident.

kitsuneboy1

[13]Oct 12, 2008
    Another episode I absolutely hate is "The Father, the Son and J.C."

Peggy's obnoxiousness was inexcusable, as always, but what I hated the most was that when Cotton started trashing that family's home, Hank didn't have "the pair" to call the cops.

So what if Cotton's his dad? Plenty of my relatives have had send the cops after family members who totally cross the line. Frankly, like Cotton Hill, they were just asking for it.

I'm not a big fan of some sappy endings to Christmas specials, but this one was such B.S. that I refuse to ever watch this again.

And don't bother trying to change my P.O.V., because that's less likely than Hank moving to Tibet and becoming a monk.

HelloStuart

[14]Oct 13, 2008
    kitsuneboy1 wrote:

Peggy's obnoxiousness was inexcusable, as always, but what I hated the most was that when Cotton started trashing that family's home, Hank didn't have "the pair" to call the cops.

So what if Cotton's his dad? Plenty of my relatives have had send the cops after family members who totally cross the line. Frankly, like Cotton Hill, they were just asking for it.

I'm not a big fan of some sappy endings to Christmas specials, but this one was such B.S. that I refuse to ever watch this again.

And don't bother trying to change my P.O.V., because that's less likely than Hank moving to Tibet and becoming a monk.

Actually, you're on the money. Everything about that episode bordered on the implausible, and Bobby's obliviousness to Jimmy Carter was the frosting on the cake. This episode was intended to bring out the worst in all of the main characters, which has proven funny in smaller doses, but this ended up being a decidedly joyless affair.

mp34mp

[15]Oct 13, 2008
    Jimmy Carter: "You hated a baby?!?!?!?!!"

I love that line, and the part where Cotton shot at Carter's limo and starts screaming about it not being bullet proof and gettin' the hell out of there. I never really thought of it as that outlandish (and ignored / gotten over the obvious fact that Bobby is so retarded in not knowing who Jimmy Carter was. Hell I was in the 2nd grade when I learned all our Presidents) but it always seems like things are totally hyped-up / people are crazier / out of control when the holidays are around.

That episode didn't bother me as much as the "129. Bad Girls, Bad Girls, Whatcha Gonna Do" with Connie's drug dealing cousin, or "178. Enrique-cilable Differences". Not one laugh or amusement from either of those episodes, tho in the latter Hank said, "Mexicans don't talk about their feelings? That's wonderful!"
    Edited on 10/13/2008 1:36pm

kitsuneboy1

[16]Oct 13, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    kitsuneboy1 wrote:

Actually, you're on the money. Everything about that episode bordered on the implausible, and Bobby's obliviousness to Jimmy Carter was the frosting on the cake. This episode was intended to bring out the worst in all of the main characters, which has proven funny in smaller doses, but this ended up being a decidedly joyless affair.

Another example of writers taking it too far with a character's traits, or in this case, with many characters.

Even though Cotton is dead now, I still don't like the guy. I mean, he was okay in small doses in the early seasons, but once again, the writers go overboard.

80sfan1983

[17]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 8

Hank's Bully -Caleb annoyed the hell out me