King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

More Episodes Copyrighted

darlingdarcy

[1]May 5, 2008
    • level: 21

Two episodes have been registered with US Copyright Records. Since "Life: A Loser's Manual" has been announced as the 12th season finale, I think it's a pretty good indication we'll have a 13th season.

The episodes: "Abraham, Martin, John and Bobby Hill" has been listed for awhile, but I'm guessing it has some religious references and they're putting it on hold, since it was originally listed as a season 12 episode. The other episode, "Lost in Myspace" is production code CABE14, so it's either the 13th season premiere, or it might have been incorrectly announced that "Life" was the season finale. Of course, KOTH production codes rarely indicate what order or season the episodes are in.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]May 5, 2008
    • level: 63
    We already knew that there was going to be a 13th season. We found out about two weeks ago.

mitu123

[3]May 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    HelloStuart wrote:
    We already knew that there was going to be a 13th season. We found out about two weeks ago.
    There was, I didn't know this, I didn't visit this site that much so I didn't know until now, thanks for the info.

Rated_R_Postar

[4]May 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm guessing that "Abraham, Martin, John and Bobby Hill" and "Lost in Myspace" will air as season 13 episodes. It isn't uncommon for King of the Hill to push episodes to the next season. Season 10 consisted of several unaired season 9 episodes. Sometimes they do it just to consistently flow with the story arc. Take "Lucky's Wedding Suit" for example. It was intended to be the series finale and ended up being saved for the 11 season finale. So it doesn't matter when the episodes are produced. The staff of King of the Hill makes sure the episodes are consistent with the storylines.

HelloStuart

[5]May 6, 2008
    Rated_R_Postar wrote:
    I'm guessing that "Abraham, Martin, John and Bobby Hill" and "Lost in Myspace" will air as season 13 episodes. It isn't uncommon for King of the Hill to push episodes to the next season. Season 10 consisted of several unaired season 9 episodes. Sometimes they do it just to consistently flow with the story arc. Take "Lucky's Wedding Suit" for example. It was intended to be the series finale and ended up being saved for the 11 season finale. So it doesn't matter when the episodes are produced. The staff of King of the Hill makes sure the episodes are consistent with the storylines.

"The Simpsons" has done the same thing, but they're not as prolific.

darlingdarcy

[6]May 7, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:

Actually, the Digital Spy link had no source - no Fox executive quoted, no press release. I think the US Copyright Records are more reliable than a website with no source.

darlingdarcy

[7]May 7, 2008
    Rated_R_Postar wrote:

I was thinking the same thing - the last three seasons have had episodes that were produced for an earlier run. One of my favorite examples is when they had Peggy working at the Bystander in season nine's "Smoking and the Bandit," but she didn't get the job until season ten's "Bystand Me." I'm wondering what "Abraham, Martin, John and Bobby Hill" is about, since I've seen the title for a year, it seems that the episode is being held back, and from the title I'm guessing for religious reasons. Or it could just be a clunker.

Rated_R_Postar

[8]May 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    I've seen that episode listed for a while too. I'm curious to see what it is about. I've also seen an episode titled "Three Men and a Bastard" for a long time. I'd like to see what that one is about too. I guess we'll have to wait for season 13 to find out.

HelloStuart

[9]May 8, 2008
    darlingdarcy wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

Actually, the Digital Spy link had no source - no Fox executive quoted, no press release. I think the US Copyright Records are more reliable than a website with no source.

Are you referring to Year 13? If so, there was a story on the main page of TV.com several weeks ago. As much as I don't think a 13th season is necessary, it's all systems go.

hsimpson44

[10]May 26, 2008
    • level: 26
    mitu123 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    There was, I didn't know this, I didn't visit this site that much so I didn't know until now, thanks for the info.

Not being a jerk I use this magical thing called Wik-a-ped-ia. Of course Wikipedia is stupid and wont let me create a page for my epic novels CatJewbBear.

HelloStuart

[12]May 30, 2008
    skatedemon13 wrote:

Even if we did already know that there would be a season 13, it is kind of cool to learn the episode names, months before they will air. It will at least give us something to talk about.

I don't see how episode titles are going to help us; I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "don't judge a book by its cover."