We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: "Untitled Blake McCormick Project"

Thoughts?

HelloStuart

[1]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 63

Doesn't it seem strange that no one in this forum wants to discuss this season's episodes?

Personally, I thought this was another dilligent episode from has been a surprisingly enjoyable season. Dale's continuing inability to put two and two together probably got its last milking, but the new wrinkle was well worth it. I especially enjoyed the implication of incest between Joseph and Kate, squeamish as it might be.

Edited on 02/18/2008 10:13am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bigideas

[2]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 3

i would consider this to be one of the cleverest, funniest episodes in the entire series

i actually laughed out loud a few times.

then again, my favorite episodes seem to be the ones where Dale is paranoid about something and that's the main storyline.

mp34mp

[3]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    I missed it due to not watching Fox in forever & didn't knew it was a new one.

HelloStuart

[4]Feb 18, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:

I don't know if your comp has the bandwidth, but last week's and this week's episodes are available to watch on Fox.com.

mp34mp

[5]Feb 18, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

I don't know if your comp has the bandwidth, but last week's and this week's episodes are available to watch on Fox.com.

It doesn't. My modem requires a good shoveling of coal every hour. **chug-chug-chug** It's very old.

jimmykudo_1

[6]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 28
    lol i stream the crud out of mine =P i just watched it was decent though it funny about dale havinganother kid.

Fekul_the_Baby

[7]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    Did anyne else notice that Brittany Murphy lends her voice to Charlene's daughter (Joseph's half-sister) in this episode, using her pre-puberty Joseph voice?

Yes, what Joseph is experiencing is an actual phenomenon. It's called genetic sexual attraction. It often happens to siblings, or even parents and children, who meet after years of not knowing one another and become smitten. It has something to do with a positive response to seeing similar physical and personality attributes to your own in the other person. I saw it on 20/20 once.

Is there a story behind that weird episode title?

HelloStuart

[8]Feb 27, 2008
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Did anyne else notice that Brittany Murphy lends her voice to Charlene's daughter (Joseph's half-sister) in this episode, using her pre-puberty Joseph voice?

Yes, what Joseph is experiencing is an actual phenomenon. It's called genetic sexual attraction. It often happens to siblings, or even parents and children, who meet after years of not knowing one another and become smitten. It has something to do with a positive response to seeing similar physical and personality attributes to your own in the other person. I saw it on 20/20 once.

I was reading something in the news last month about a British couple that got married last year, then recently found out they were long-lost siblings. You can call me a believer.

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Is there a story behind that weird episode title?

The episode was written by Blake McCormick. The lack of a real title might be strike-related.

mp34mp

[9]Mar 16, 2008
    Was re-aired tonight. Hmmm. I don't like children either. Weird that Joseph wanted to hump his half-sister. Man Dale is dumb as dirt. This will probably be the last time they ever address the Redcorn / Joseph issue in the series.

mp34mp

[10]Mar 16, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I especially enjoyed the implication of incest between Joseph and Kate, squeamish as it might be.

You got a weird fetish, Stu.

darlingdarcy

[11]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 21

mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I especially enjoyed the implication of incest between Joseph and Kate, squeamish as it might be.
    You got a weird fetish, Stu.
    I found it reminiscent George Michael-Mabey from Arrsted Development - it cracked me up! I really liked that they had no clue either, although they acted the same and sounded alike with their raspy voices.

Does anyone think Charlene moving in with John Redcorn will be brought up again? I hope so. I hope they get together with the Gribbles for dinner or something. It was really funny to see Nancy squirm.

Edited on 03/27/2008 1:41pm

Fekul_the_Baby

[12]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    [QUOTE="darlingdarcy] I found it reminiscent of George Michael-Mabey from Arrsted Development - it cracked me up![/QUOTE]Technically Mabey and George Michael aren't blood kin, though--it was revealed Lindsey was adopted.

An episode of HOUSE called "Fools for Love"--released about the same time as this one--also had an episode about a young interracial couple who learned they were actually half-siblings.

So does Redcorn still own that unincorporated patch of land outside Arlen that the government gave him? I don''t think he lives all that far from Rainey Street. Joseph and Kate could still get together when they're a bit older, and if they're of age by then Nancy and Redcorn can't do too much about it.

HelloStuart

[13]Sep 20, 2008
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    darlingdarcy wrote:
    I found it reminiscent of George Michael-Mabey from Arrsted Development - it cracked me up!
    Technically Mabey and George Michael aren't blood kin, though--it was revealed Lindsey was adopted.

An episode of HOUSE called "Fools for Love"--released about the same time as this one--also had an episode about a young interracial couple who learned they were actually half-siblings.

So does Redcorn still own that unincorporated patch of land outside Arlen that the government gave him? I don''t think he lives all that far from Rainey Street. Joseph and Kate could still get together when they're a bit older, and if they're of age by then Nancy and Redcorn can't do too much about it.

That also depends on if Joseph puts two and two together. Kate might, but he won't.