King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Lucky see, monkey do episode thread

dissapearing

[1]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    Ok, i know this episode probably won't air until about another month or so, but i decided to make this thread to talk about an episode that finally focuses on lucky and luanne's baby this season, since we've all been patiently waiting to hear more about their unborn child, when luanne is due, and so on ever since she first annouced that she was pregnant, hopefully she'll give birth before the show is over. Anyway the episode is about lucky's sister Myrna coming to visit and her,peggy, lucky and luanne all argue over how to raise the baby right. I'm interested in hearing what is going to be said...i doubt Myrna (what kind of name is that anyway?) isn't any smarter or good-looking than her brother lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if peggy ended up taking care of the poor thing. How does anyone else feel about this episode?
    Edited on 01/23/2009 7:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 63
    Let's wait until we actually watch the episode before we judge it, okay?

DOMOJITA

[3]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    yah lets waite til it come on then judge it after it airs mmm-ok.

HelloStuart

[4]Feb 6, 2009
    According the synopsis given by TV Guide, in this episode we'll meet Lucky's sister, who is not only his polar opposite (i.e. an anal-retentive soccer mom) but she also clashes with Peggy almost immediately.
    Edited on 02/06/2009 8:13am

tubalcane420

[5]Feb 8, 2009
    Hi-Def! Whoda thunk KOTH would be the first sunday night show to switch?

The screen may be wider, but KOTH sure can still build modern-sensibility strawmen to knock down.

mp34mp

[6]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    Well they finally had the damn baby. A girl named Gracie. And then we find out Bill was almost a pedophile. But he wasn't, so good for him! I was actually expecting some 500-pound old granny instead of some jailbait. Heh, she has the same name of a character I made up: Jailbait Jane. Do young people actually say "honey" ?? This is also the first I've heard of fast food restaurants outsourcing drive thru tellers.

Comicguy87

[7]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    That was too fast Luann only showed in this episode, it's like at first they were playing with the fact she wasn't pregnant at all she went through two seasons looking like she always does then suddenly boom and in a previous episode she had her six month belly photo and she didn't have one, as for your question I don't know of any teenage girls who refer to people as honey other than in a joking manner.
    Edited on 02/08/2009 7:34pm

maxpower144

[8]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 60
    I loved this episode. Classic KOTH.

berberdog

[9]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 7

Comicguy87 wrote:
    That was too fast Luann only showed in this episode, it's like at first they were playing with the fact she wasn't pregnant at all she went through two seasons looking like she always does then suddenly boom and in a previous episode she had her six month belly photo and she didn't have one, as for your question I don't know of any teenage girls who refer to people as honey other than in a joking manner.

This episode is the first actual episode of the 13th season, the previous ones were hold-overs from season 12. If you think about it, it was meant for them to come back after the whole summer and then show Luanne showing, instead of a few weeks.

DOMOJITA

[10]Feb 8, 2009
    this was a pretty good episode i tell you what but i dint like lucky' sister or her robokids, and hank was kinda sweet to luanne' new baby girl, yep this was a nice episode to bad bill went all the way to arizona to finde out his love is a teenager and an adult oh well better luck next time, cant waite to see next week' episode of koth.

OMGWTFLOL99

[11]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 5

Best part of this episode was at the end.

They're sitting there in the waiting room all nervous, sitting there quietly as the clock slowly ticks, and Hank just saying:

"I'll tell you what. This Goofus fella' is a dumbass."

That was just hilarious.

mp34mp

[12]Feb 9, 2009
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    this was a pretty good episode i tell you what but i dint like lucky' sister or her robokids, and hank was kinda sweet to luanne' new baby girl, yep this was a nice episode to bad bill went all the way to arizona to finde out his love is a teenager and an adult oh well better luck next time, cant waite to see next week' episode of koth.

If we're comparing Myrna's kids to Peggy's kids, Myrna wins hand down. Bobby is just an absolute wasteland of a kid. Myrna has more brains and control over her kids than Peggy ever could, and Myrna's kids acted like normal kids, and in this episode they showed how Bobby 'ain't right'. Scotch liquor on a baby's teething gums? Seriously? Peggy wimping out on feeling the real pain of giving birth by taking the drugs? And fyi, what Bill did was absolutely creepy, was stupid, deserved what he got, and I'm starting to think that Bill is the stupidest character on the show.

zan4

[13]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 10

mp34mp wrote:
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    If we're comparing Myrna's kids to Peggy's kids, Myrna wins hand down. Bobby is just an absolute wasteland of a kid. Myrna has more brains and control over her kids than Peggy ever could, and Myrna's kids acted like normal kids, and in this episode they showed how Bobby 'ain't right'. Scotch liquor on a baby's teething gums? Seriously? Peggy wimping out on feeling the real pain of giving birth by taking the drugs? And fyi, what Bill did was absolutely creepy, was stupid, deserved what he got, and I'm starting to think that Bill is the stupidest character on the show.
    eh i dont know what kinda of kids you see....but i never really ran in to allot of kids that just drinks water and that type of stuff.. Most kids i know is somewhat like bobby... Very flawed but good hearted funny and overall a great kid.... I would rather have a kid who think for themself like bobby then a preprogram kid like hers.... I feel bad for what bill went throw the last 12 years.. He is a good guy just very lonely his friends even treat him like a burdening there was only a few eps that mace him happy and gave him some way out of his nightmare of a life... I really hope by the end of this show bill will get the respect and the family he has always wanted...

Edited on 02/09/2009 11:11am

mp34mp

[14]Feb 9, 2009
    zan4 wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    eh i dont know what kinda of kids you see....but i never really ran in to allot of kids that just drinks water and that type of stuff.. Most kids i know is somewhat like bobby... Very flawed but good hearted funny and overall a great kid.... I would rather have a kid who think for themself like bobby then a preprogram kid like hers.... I feel bad for what bill went throw the last 12 years.. He is a good guy just very lonely his friends even treat him like a burdening there was only a few eps that mace him happy and gave him some way out of his nightmare of a life... I really hope by the end of this show bill will get the respect and the family he has always wanted...

Bill ending happy would completely contradict what King of the Hill is about. Some things just need to be let be. And I'd rather have a preprogammed kid who reads, is quiet, is disciplined and well-mannered, drinks water instead of living on sugar, and most likely would do well in school and is in control & wouldn't annoy me in life, unlike some turd like Bobby who sits around the house all day getting fat while absorbing worthless pop culture who does poorly in school & probably won't amount to anything. Plus Bobby has Peggy for a mother. Bobby is the example of a son of a mother who comes from simple people, simple lifestyle, flawed thinking & background that's not the norm in this country. I know we'll never see it, but Hank needs to knock Bobby on his ass, perhaps to the tone of "WAKE UP, BOY!!!"

mitsukigirl13

[15]Feb 9, 2009
    I really liked this epi. Gracie is very cute (I was hoping it was a girl ) Myra's idea of a nursery was creepy. Overall a great episode. I can't believe they were going to name her Lasana (sorry not good at spelling). Can't wait for next week's epi.

coolchris44

[16]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 22
    yeah i was glad they didn't name her lasagna. overall a pretty good episode. poor bill when he found out the lady he thought liked him was only 17. i didn't like lucky's sister at all.

TudorRose

[17]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 14
    This was a supper funny episode! It was funny to see Luanne fully with child.

Semaj86

[18]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    This landmark episode was weighed down by some of the same King of the Hill formulas, including a lame subplot, yet it was a long-time coming episode that had it's share of highlights.

I had always hoped that the baby would be a girl, and it makes sense that the girl's name would get Peggy's stamp of approval, because in addition to saving it from being named after Garfield's favorite dish, the middle name makes Gracie as much a part of the Platter family tree as she is in the Kleinschmidt family tree.

4.0/5

HelloStuart

[19]Feb 10, 2009

Semaj86 wrote:
    This landmark episode was weighed down by some of the same King of the Hill formulas, including a lame subplot, yet it was a long-time coming episode that had it's share of highlights. I had always hoped that the baby would be a girl, and it makes sense that the girl's name would get Peggy's stamp of approval, because in addition to saving it from being named after Garfield's favorite dish, the middle name makes Gracie as much a part of the Platter family tree as she is in the Kleinschmidt family tree.

4.0/5

That's right- her middle name is Margaret. I wonder how much influence Peggy had in that decision.

As for the episode itself, it was the best one so far this season. Even if the Bill subplot was a reach, there were a lot of moments I enjoyed: Bobby confronting the clown, Dale finding the machete, Hank reading a Highlights-type magazine and so forth. Hopefully this will quash all the speculation in the forum about when and if Luanne will give birth; even when I explained that the episode was airing in February nobody listened.

Edited on 02/10/2009 6:26pm

piperlovegood

[20]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 3
    Peggy was right one this one for the name and most of the other baby stuff. It was the drugs...I think Luanne would have been very upset when she saw the ink on the crib the next morning.