King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

question about luanne's father

dissapearing

[1]May 22, 2008
    • level: 9

was luanne's father ever around when she was little? did they take turns spending time with luanne? we know her mom took care of her in the shiny pines (i think that's the name)trailor park, and in the episode texas city twister luanne shows peggy the fork her mom stabed her dad with, and said a lot of fighting went on around there so.....maybe she only got to see him that one time? but then again, in the recent episode about luanne's father he told her he hadn't seen her in a while or whatever. how would luanne act if she knew the real truth about her father? i know hank,peggy,etc. were saying it would break her heart, but...well idk after all the things she's been through w/ her mom goin to jail how hurt would she be if she finds out about her dad? and they can't keep it a secret forever,omg luanne is like...what,in her 20's? and married to lucky who looks 30-40 (EWW!) and their getting ready to have a baby, they need to know the truth so they can stay away from luanne's father so he can't get their money or get them in trouble or whatever. i don't think their baby should be around luanne's mom or dad,they need to try 2 raise the baby right.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]May 22, 2008
    • level: 63
    Ignorance is bliss. Look at Nancy, Dale, and John Redcorn.

relaets2

[3]May 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    i always thought that both her mom and dad were around to raise her, and all 3 lived together in the trailer, until "the fight", after which leanne was arrested, and hoyt moved to an oil rig out of fear of leanne (or so we thought).

i think the truth about her dad would be pretty devastating to luanne, because, as we saw in the latest episode, she so desperately wants a "normal" family for her baby.

because of the three strikes law (does texas even have a three strike law?) hoyt's in jail for, pretty much, ever, so i don't think she's ever going to find out the truth about him. and since he won't be coming back to see her, there's no need for peggy to warn her about how bad he really is.

anyway. my 2 cents.

Semaj86

[4]May 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    Luanne already knows about her mom being in and out of jail. It would suck harder to know that her dad is even worse.

Which makes her family background all the sadder.

thewerewolfmage

[5]May 23, 2008
    • level: 8

Just my own thinking, I imagine he was around for her. I don't think she really had a parental figure, at least in the positive way, until Peggy and Hank but I would guess that they both are there for her. But I kind of assume Hoyt would be the dad to up and leave at one point or other, maybe a week at the time. Of course I can see Leanne doing the same.

I guess it's best we don't know.

HelloStuart

[6]May 23, 2008
    relaets2 wrote:
    i always thought that both her mom and dad were around to raise her, and all 3 lived together in the trailer, until "the fight", after which leanne was arrested, and hoyt moved to an oil rig out of fear of leanne (or so we thought).

I would say that was a massive ruse if Peggy came up with that. On the other hand, Luanne saw the "stabbing," so you can chalk that up as another continuity error.

Comicguy87

[7]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'd say Life: A Loser's Manual is one big retcon which means things that have previously happened are totally ignored, there is much of this throughout the episode Luanne says she witnessed the fight between them and quickly moved in with the Hills after Leanne was aressted and Hoyt ran off to an oilrig, in a later episode she said she was sixteen when it happened and yet one season later she claims to have never met him and that he hadn't seen her since she was a little girl, Bill said that Peggy looked just like her brother when she hadn't washed her hair in days and they have also said he was very small and timid, and in this one he is a big fat guy who looks nothing like her, in the episode with Leanne Hank said that he had previously talked with her father and enjoyed his company while in this one he says he never met him, and last of all he ran off because he was frightened of Leanne and yet in this one he ran off because he is addicted to drugs and he also looks as if he could take her in a fight.

walkerdoug

[8]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    So when in his life, did her father go to jail. I know they had that big fight and Luanne went with hank and Peggy. It doesn't seems like they were a functional family, resulting in neglect for Luanne. The only way Luanne can have a functional family is to leave her parents behind. Neither seems to want to spend time with her anyways.

HelloStuart

[9]Jan 5, 2009
    walkerdoug wrote:
    So when in his life, did her father go to jail. I know they had that big fight and Luanne went with hank and Peggy. It doesn't seems like they were a functional family, resulting in neglect for Luanne. The only way Luanne can have a functional family is to leave her parents behind. Neither seems to want to spend time with her anyways.

That's a continuity error on the show's part. Hoyt Platter supposedly left for the oil rig (*ahem*) in the days preceding the pilot, but according to the episode that aired last season Luanne hadn't seen Hoyt since she was in preschool.