TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Season 14 (Last Season) to be 2-6 episodes long

Grand13

[1]May 6, 2009
    • level: 11

Season 14: 2009-2010

Fox ordered 13 DABE production episodes. At the conclusion of Season 13 there will be two remaining episodes left. 20th Century Fox Television kept the show in production for four additional episodes (DABE14-DABE17) bringing the actual amount of remaining episodes to six, however the network nevertheless has yet to license those extra episodes, meaning as few as two or as many as six could air next season. Regardless, all of the completed installments will definitely turn up on DVD at some point.

Airdates are unknown

http://thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8068

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]May 6, 2009
    • level: 63
    What do you mean, "definitely on DVD?" Barely anybody bought Seasons 5 or 6...

Grand13

[3]May 7, 2009
    thats just what the source said....

anyways if there are unaired episodes you think those would receive higher priority on release dates for DVDs

HelloStuart

[4]May 8, 2009
    Grand13 wrote:

anyways if there are unaired episodes you think those would receive higher priority on release dates for DVDs

Not if it can't be justified from a sales standpoint.

I'm sure there will be more than just two episodes, though.

spongebobs1fan

[5]May 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Grand13 wrote:

Not if it can't be justified from a sales standpoint.

I'm sure there will be more than just two episodes, though.
    yeah, i dont think there going to have another season with only two eps.

Jim856796

[6]May 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    I heard that King of the Hill's episode order is being extended by two additional episodes to help give the show a proper ending. If the show does not end properly, it won't be right, I'll tell you what.

berberdog

[7]May 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    I heard that they are cancelling "Sit Down, Shut Up!" so what if they want to fill it's place with more King of the Hill? Chance of a return? It's a thought...

PIEGUYRULZ

[8]May 17, 2009
    I just hope that terrible family guy spin-off won't be what replaces KotH

Rattrap007

[9]May 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    I'd like to see a future episode where Hank has taken over Strickland Propane, Bobby is an adult, etc. Just a nice way to see how their futures turn out..

DOMOJITA

[10]May 18, 2009
    • level: 18
    iam gunna sound like a broken record, i want to see how dale & joseph are gunna finde out the truth about nancy,john & katlynn (joseph's half twin sis) even if she isnt around iny more.

HelloStuart

[11]May 18, 2009
    berberdog wrote:
    I heard that they are cancelling "Sit Down, Shut Up!" so what if they want to fill it's place with more King of the Hill? Chance of a return? It's a thought...

Actually, "The Cleveland Show" is taking KOTH's slot... eventually.

And yes, we've seen the last of "Sit Down, Shut Up." Good riddance.

berberdog

[12]May 18, 2009

HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    Actually, "The Cleveland Show" is taking KOTH's slot... eventually. And yes, we've seen the last of "Sit Down, Shut Up." Good riddance.

Yes, "The Cleveland Show" is KOTH's replacement, but with "Sit Down, Shut Up!" leaving an empty space in what was supposed to be a 5 show night, what are they going to do? Shorten Animation Domination to a 4 show night, or fill up the now available space for another new show or bring back an old one like KOTH? Maybe there's still time to call the KOTH show staff back into their just abandoned offices to re-start the show for yet another time (like the 3rd?)

HelloStuart

[13]May 28, 2009
    berberdog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    Actually, "The Cleveland Show" is taking KOTH's slot... eventually. And yes, we've seen the last of "Sit Down, Shut Up." Good riddance.

Yes, "The Cleveland Show" is KOTH's replacement, but with "Sit Down, Shut Up!" leaving an empty space in what was supposed to be a 5 show night, what are they going to do? Shorten Animation Domination to a 4 show night, or fill up the now available space for another new show or bring back an old one like KOTH? Maybe there's still time to call the KOTH show staff back into their just abandoned offices to re-start the show for yet another time (like the 3rd?)

Actually, I think they cleaned out their offices back in February.

berberdog

[14]May 29, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

Well, maybe they could still come back. FOX would be wise to order enough episodoes to bring the show to at least the 300 mark.

berberdog

[15]May 29, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

Well, maybe they could still come back. FOX would be wise to order enough episodoes to bring the show to at least the 300 mark.

dancingbeatle

[16]May 30, 2009
    • level: 45
    Though I guess that all depends on the quality of the episodes, and how much they want to reach 300.
    Edited on 07/20/2009 11:42pm

HelloStuart

[17]Jun 8, 2009
    dancingbeatle wrote:
    Though I guess that all depends on the quality of the epiosdes, and how much they want to reach 300.

We'll be lucky if we see one more episode, let alone 40.

gdgtlover

[18]Jun 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    This show was never a favorite of mine, but it had it's place in the lineup. I would hope that they do have some kind of proper finale. The show has been on long enough that it deserves something.

CFlovesLF

[19]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 51
    berberdog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

Animation Domination has always been a 4 show night. 8-10 are the prime time shows, 7-8 are just reruns/fillers.

martinema

[20]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    I would just wish that Fox ends King of the Hill properly. They should at-least find a half descent replacement because I have a filling that the Cleavland Show will not last long.