King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Sideshow Toy company to produce KOTH busts? It's up to you!

berberdog

[1]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 7

Also, don't delete it this time. It's stupid. Just give it a **** chance! Okay. I would collect them if made. I want to actually buy something that, well, I want to buy.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=177

Click on "Product Suggestion" once there, and tell them you would like them to acquire a license for KOTH so they can make stuff like busts (one of their specialties). Please help.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 63
    Given the gobs of Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy merchandise out there, I can't see why KOTH couldn't make a foray into the trinkets and tchtochkes sector. As long as Sideshow Toys thinks it'll make a profit, the ball's in their court.
    Edited on 12/07/2008 9:48am

berberdog

[3]Jan 10, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Given the gobs of Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy merchandise out there, I can't see why KOTH couldn't make a foray into the trinkets and tchtochkes sector. As long as Sideshow Toys thinks it'll make a profit, the ball's in their court.
    Yes, but the company likes to be told what licenses they should seek.... KOTH never normally gets much attention, the show is kinda left in the shadows by other shows, so it's up to us to shine a light on it and point it out to Sideshow Toy.

CFlovesLF

[4]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 51
    If "busts" are what I think they are, they suck. Why not just make action figures?

berberdog

[5]Jan 12, 2009
    CFlovesLF wrote:
    If "busts" are what I think they are, they suck. Why not just make action figures?
    They have already made action figures. Sideshow only does high quality statues or busts. Plus, I like to display all my stuff, and action figures are hard to make stand up.

HelloStuart

[6]Jan 16, 2009
    berberdog wrote:
    CFlovesLF wrote:
    They have already made action figures. Sideshow only does high quality statues or busts. Plus, I like to display all my stuff, and action figures are hard to make stand up.

Unless you have one of those plastic stands that attach at the waist.

berberdog

[7]Jan 16, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    CFlovesLF wrote:
    I do, they hold some tall Batman figures I've had for years, but I think busts are more high quality, (the Romans made a lot of them) so I would like to see King of the Hill busts, or statues made. But in order for this to happen, we need to persuade Sideshow Weta to seek the license in order to prodice merchandise based off the show.

HelloStuart

[8]Jan 22, 2009
    berberdog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    CFlovesLF wrote:
    I do, they hold some tall Batman figures I've had for years, but I think busts are more high quality, (the Romans made a lot of them) so I would like to see King of the Hill busts, or statues made. But in order for this to happen, we need to persuade Sideshow Weta to seek the license in order to prodice merchandise based off the show.

Until now, I know no idea people collected vinyl busts... unless it's just the two of you.

berberdog

[9]Dec 11, 2009
    Look at what my efforts have done. The company is considering it! http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7939

futuramarama

[10]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 37
    Be an interesting idea

berberdog

[11]Nov 1, 2010

Sideshow has responded to me a few times and they have said it is a possibility. I have gone to a website to respond to product suggestions for the company. I need all the support to get their attention that there are enough people out there who would be interested in them making "King of the Hill" products. If you don't already have an account, you'll need to make one, which is very easy, and just write supportive things on this forum page I have posted: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85104

berberdog

[12]Nov 3, 2010

If you guys were true fans you would sign up and comment.

Edited on 11/03/2010 3:07pm