King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

something about hank bothers me

dissapearing

[1]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    does anyone other than me think it's a little too weird the way hank treats ladybird? He acts like he loves her more than his own family,ecpecially peggy! The way he baby talks her,dresses her up in clothes,that time he danced with her, he fixes her dinner all special he even gives her some red wine to help her with her heart or whatever, he's funny about who takes ladybird for walks and what type of dog ladybird has puppies with (he should be happy that ladybird is able to have puppies as old as she is!!!) and that's all i can think of, if anyone agrees with me or can think of anything else that bothers you about the way hank treats ladybird let me know. I am not trying to be wrong but...hank reminds me of those people who love animals too much, they treat their pets as if their real human beings not animals,and they love their dogs (or whatever kind of pet they have) more than their family and friends. It's just too weird. I wonder how hank will take it when ladybird finally goes to doggy heaven...he probably won't ever get another dog again. How long has hank had ladybird anyway?
    Edited on 08/23/2008 11:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 63
    First of all, Ladybird is one year older than Bobby.

Secondly, a lot of people treat their dogs like a second child. My mother spoils our dog rotten.

mp34mp

[3]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    dissapearing wrote:
    does anyone other than me think it's a little too weird the way hank treats ladybird? He acts like he loves her more than his own family,ecpecially peggy! The way he baby talks her,dresses her up in clothes,that time he danced with her, he fixes her dinner all special he even gives her some red wine to help her with her heart or whatever, he's funny about who takes ladybird for walks and what type of dog ladybird has puppies with (he should be happy that ladybird is able to have puppies as old as she is!!!) and that's all i can think of, if anyone agrees with me or can think of anything else that bothers you about the way hank treats ladybird let me know. I am not trying to be wrong but...hank reminds me of those people who love animals too much, they treat their pets as if their real human beings not animals,and they love their dogs (or whatever kind of pet they have) more than their family and friends. It's just too weird. I wonder how hank will take it when ladybird finally goes to doggy heaven...he probably won't ever get another dog again. How long has hank had ladybird anyway?

If you had Bobby for a son, you'd probably love Ladybird more too. I was an only child compared to the beloved dog my parents had in the 1970s. They deemed it superior over me in every single way, saying "the dog was very loving, it didn't sass back like I did, and it didn't disappoint them or get phone calls from his teachers or needing rides home from detention". If you can tell by now, my parents are not "parents people". And neither are Hank or Peggy. And the part where Hank says he loves his son over his dog... total b.s.

dissapearing

[4]Aug 24, 2008

oh. wow sorry mp34mp i didn't know that, that was cruel stuff your parents said to you. they shouldn't have treated you that way.

Hiei1314

[5]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 8

Yeah, I don't like people like that either. Don't get me wrong: I love my pets! But not more than I love my family or friends.

But my grandpa...our chihuahua had puppies and we gave one to him. He spoils that little guy! He even wipes him after he does his business My dad and uncles and aunt even make jokes about how he loves Happy more than he ever loved them

Hiei1314

[6]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    dissapearing wrote:

oh. wow sorry mp34mp i didn't know that, that was cruel stuff your parents said to you. they shouldn't have treated you that way.

Ditto. Sorry you got the short end of the stick.

(Editor: I KNOW I'm double-posting. Firefox won't let me copy/paste.)

AlbertJMan8

[7]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    Uh, its part of the joke... the writers DO know what they're doing...

mp34mp

[8]Aug 26, 2008
    dissapearing wrote:

There's a lot of crazy people out there. My mom is one of these shut-in types who hates everything, and her giving birth to her only child at 37 was considered the worst experience of her life and it changed her forever. She carries a lot of resentment towards me. I really don't care, tho. I don't give a damn at all.

mp34mp

[9]Aug 26, 2008
    Hiei1314 wrote:
    dissapearing wrote:

Ditto. Sorry you got the short end of the stick.

Don't worry about it, Hiei1314 & dissapearing. I know of families who had it a lot worse. The thing is, my parents would consider that I got the LONG end of the stick, compared to the lousy upbringings they had. Or they could just be a pair of wimps who complain & whine about everything. If anything, it builds up a callus emotionally. Sometimes family isn't a good thing. I consider my friends my family - you get to choose those

aaron304142

[10]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 38
    My parents call my dog their son.

watever393

[11]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 10

AlbertJMan8 wrote:

I know right!

Is it just me or is it especially like this on these forums?

HelloStuart

[12]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 63
    watever393 wrote:

AlbertJMan8 wrote:

I know right!

It's not you. The various subtleties of KOTH's brand of humor will be lost on you if you're some fifteen-year-old boy, especially if were raised on a more boisterous show like "Family Guy" or "The Simpsons." Personally, I lost interest in this thread when it turned into a group therapy session.

watever393

[13]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    HelloStuart wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

AlbertJMan8 wrote:

I know right!

It's not you. The various subtleties of KOTH's brand of humor will be lost on you if you're some fifteen-year-old boy, especially if were raised on a more boisterous show like "Family Guy" or "The Simpsons." Personally, I lost interest in this thread when it turned into a group therapy session.

Thanks for agreeing.

But you said that it turned into group therapy... I take it things arent normally like that?

nxtbestdirector

[14]Sep 17, 2008
    don't forget ladybird has a short lifespand thats why hank gives her so much love if you had 2 kids and one of them was going to die soon would you honestly give them equal attention hank loves both of them bobbhy more he just wants to be a good stern father

black_mage_x

[15]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    Its not surprising. My mom tells her cats that she loves them everyday. She never tells me that.

NeoArlenite

[16]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    The thing I consider very disturbing of Hank is his propane fixation. He even have a recurring erotic dream with a propane tank in one of the past episodes.

DOMOJITA

[17]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    befor my dog got run over and died last year i use to baby him alot when he was still alive.