King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Perfect Way To Conclude

Do You Want A King of the Hill Movie???

mastab13

[1]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 12

I don't know if you guys will agree with me or not, but I really do believe the perfect way for 'King of the Hill to cancel is to end with a theatrical movie. 'King of the Hill had 13 seasons and still haven't came out with ANY special event. This is the last animated series from the 90's (not counting Family Guy) on FOX! Mike Judge could atleast go out with a bang, something that the whole world will remember. It's not right (in my opinion) to replace this great show with something else with out a big bang. Don't you know what where I'm coming from? Comment if you agree^

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

oceanic6

[2]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 35
    If it is going to be a movie they should make certain that it retains the same quality left by the TV show. I think just an awesome one - hour finale would do fine.

HelloStuart

[3]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 63
    I'm content with just a regular episode. KOTH has always kept the frills to a minimum, and going out with a bang just doesn't seem in sync with the show's personality.

oceanic6

[4]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 35
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I'm content with just a regular episode. KOTH has always kept the frills to a minimum, and going out with a bang just doesn't seem in sync with the show's personality.

Exactly

Comicguy87

[5]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    I would have liked one back in the day when it was at it's peak like between seasons 7 and 9, I wouldn't want one with the way the show is now with Cotton being dead and Luann married to that ugly old idiot Lucky, now if one had been made before those events then maybe I would see it.

mp34mp

[6]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 16
    Why do people think TV shows need movies? It was a waste of time for the X-Files, the Simpsons dwelled on it for years, and I got sick of the show before the movie finally came out. And what's this 'going out with a big bang' theory? Oh you mean like how on "Murphy Brown", she blew up the newsroom? (oh wait, that didn't happen). Just let King of the Hill do their low-key thing and end it quietly. If you're saying KOTH needs a big bang, then you've obviously haven't gotten what KOTH is all about.

berberdog

[7]Dec 28, 2008
    Whenever a show comes out with a movie, everybody always expects them to dish out everything that is a secret from the show, and to spill out all these things fans have been waiting for, and market the higher quality, longer version of an episode as a movie and ship it to theaters worldwide. If King of the Hill came out with a movie, it shouldn't try to overdue on plot details on the whole Dale/Nancy/Redcorn/Joseph or how Bobby finally hits puberty when it's time for the movie. No! It should be about the plot, not fitting things fans want from the show in. I am just saying I would want the writers to think of a KOTH plot with enough plot line to run 83 minutes with a natural flow, not make it feel forced and dragged on. Add in with the extra run time and they might be able to thrive a little deeper into the emotional strain between Hank and Bobby. If they do slip those two things in that fans hunger for, at least make Dale the same guy by the end of the film (not suicidal or in jail for killing Redcorn) and have Bobby announce he's begun puberty within the last 5 minutes.

HelloStuart

[8]Dec 28, 2008
    berberdog wrote:
    Whenever a show comes out with a movie, everybody always expects them to dish out everything that is a secret from the show, and to spill out all these things fans have been waiting for, and market the higher quality, longer version of an episode as a movie and ship it to theaters worldwide. If King of the Hill came out with a movie, it shouldn't try to overdue on plot details on the whole Dale/Nancy/Redcorn/Joseph or how Bobby finally hits puberty when it's time for the movie. No! It should be about the plot, not fitting things fans want from the show in. I am just saying I would want the writers to think of a KOTH plot with enough plot line to run 83 minutes with a natural flow, not make it feel forced and dragged on. Add in with the extra run time and they might be able to thrive a little deeper into the emotional strain between Hank and Bobby. If they do slip those two things in that fans hunger for, at least make Dale the same guy by the end of the film (not suicidal or in jail for killing Redcorn) and have Bobby announce he's begun puberty within the last 5 minutes.

Since when do people announce that they've started puberty?

berberdog

[9]Dec 28, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    Steve on American Dad announced when he got his first pubic hair, and I'm sure Bobby would be happy from how he was jealous of Joseph when he turned 13.

HelloStuart

[10]Dec 31, 2008

berberdog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

Steve on American Dad announced when he got his first pubic hair, and I'm sure Bobby would be happy from how he was jealous of Joseph when he turned 13.

I wouldn't exactly cite "American Dad" as a good example; they're both funny shows, but KOTH is far more grounded in reality than AD. Let's put it this way: would you tell the whole wide world that you were spouting hair in places where you'd never had it before?

Edited on 12/31/2008 7:21pm