King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Was luanne abused growing up?

dissapearing

[1]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    She's always crying and before she settled down with lucky she was a total slut. And think about the way her parents are!! Does anyone think she may have been abused in any way growing up in shiny pines trailer park?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 63
    If anything, she was probably more neglected than abused. Either way, you're probably looking way too far into this.

coolchris44

[3]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 22
    HelloStuart wrote:
    If anything, she was probably more neglected than abused. Either way, you're probably looking way too far into this.
    yes i agree.. she probably was neglected and yes they are going too far.

walkerdoug

[4]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    Well, seeing as they were drunks or what ever, they used to fight with each other. But as pointed out, it is more likely that they neglected her, rather then abused her.

oceanic6

[5]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 35
    From her brains her parents were first cousins that abused her. Good pick up.

Migrane0

[6]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 7

I think she wasn't abused, but her parents probably fought alot and this tramitised her and made her very sensitive and has difficulties at school

and as for being a slut, we know her faher was in jail alot, so she could have been looking for a Fatherly figure in other men. But she is also very nieve, and in earlier episodes she always claimed that she was in love with the guys she dated and just thought it woouldn't mater if they slept together.

piperlovegood

[7]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 3

Migrane0 wrote:

I think she wasn't abused, but her parents probably fought alot and this tramitised her and made her very sensitive and has difficulties at school

and as for being a slut, we know her faher was in jail alot, so she could have been looking for a Fatherly figure in other men. But she is also very nieve, and in earlier episodes she always claimed that she was in love with the guys she dated and just thought it woouldn't mater if they slept together.

I agree about as far as I would go is neglect and father figures. She may have gotten caught in the crossfire of her parents so they end up yelling at her. Which might explain why Hank wasn't half surprised she was there in the first episode "Mama and Daddy are fighting again" (this is before she stabbed him with the fork.) So I'm thinking it happened often enough she could have taken shelter at her Aunt Peggy and Uncle Hanks since before she could drive or be old enough to go off alone.

Edited on 10/09/2010 8:16pm