TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Who likes Peggy? I mean, seriously!

helserj

[21]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think if I knew her or person like her in real life she'd be the one we'd goof on when we weren't around her.  I think that's the point of her character she's one of those annoying people we all know.... I don't want to see her off the show though.... she's central to the comedy as much of it is bounced off her
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[22]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 16
    helserj wrote:
    I think if I knew her or person like her in real life she'd be the one we'd goof on when we weren't around her. I think that's the point of her character she's one of those annoying people we all know.... I don't want to see her off the show though.... she's central to the comedy as much of it is bounced off her

Hmmm... in that case... how about the episode where Turd Ferguson kills Peggy, it all ends up being a dream sequence from Peggy one night? Maybe she'll have an awakening and realize of her self-aborbant behavior, even if its only for one or two episodes.

HelloStuart

[23]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 63
    All I can say is, Mike Judge has done an outstanding job of creating and fleshing out the most deliberately annoying cartoon character of all time.

GeorgeYounce

[24]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    I like Peggy. Peggy isn't bad, she's incredibly naive and has a very fragile ego. Her obnoxious arrogance is her way of dealing with the way people told her they didn't like anything she did and told her she wasn't going to amount to anything. The times when she does have her ego deflated, she always admits that she's been acting like a fool, something a truly arrogant person wouldn't do. She just lives in a bubble where people like Hank are too afraid to tell her she's being stupid until it's too late.

claudia40

[25]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    I was going to say I like her but she is sucha retard sometimes..you said it better though. I agree!

GeorgeYounce wrote:
    I like Peggy. Peggy isn't bad, she's incredibly naive and has a very fragile ego. Her obnoxious arrogance is her way of dealing with the way people told her they didn't like anything she did and told her she wasn't going to amount to anything. The times when she does have her ego deflated, she always admits that she's been acting like a fool, something a truly arrogant person wouldn't do. She just lives in a bubble where people like Hank are too afraid to tell her she's being stupid until it's too late.

Darth-Revan45

[28]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 20
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Polka_Dot wrote:

Homer1894Gamma wrote:
    Peggy is so arrogant, so cocky. If she thinks that Hank is even thinking about another woman, she jumps all over him, but she fantisizes about other men falling in love with her. she thinks she knows spanish, but she has no idea what she's saying or hearing. Death to Peggy Hill!

Yeah, that's why I love the Lupe episode. You see the fraud she really is when it comes to spanish. And she stole the substitute teacher of the year award from Hank. Damn the education system for not letting him teach!

Hey, it was post-Columbine.

Which by the way happened on my Birthday [4-20]

HelloStuart wrote:
    All I can say is, Mike Judge has done an outstanding job of creating and fleshing out the most deliberately annoying cartoon character of all time.

What about the Vaudeville Pianist's from "Family Guy"? Thank god Stewie shot them.

darlingdarcy

[29]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 21

siamesecatkle wrote:
    rschakelford wrote:
    Peggy is so naive. I hate it when she says in my opinion about stuff that is know fact. "in my opinion the day before thanksgiving is one the busiest travel days of the year" I love the episode were she takes the iq test and gets duped out of $1000 for her Phd. I love episodes were Peggy gets exposed for the idiot she is. She is a loving and caring mother and wife though.
    LOL I love when she says things like that. "The day after Thanksgiving, is, in my opinion, one of the biggest shopping days of the year." Or "I heard the flames were so hot they burned the very wood the church was made of."

"In my opinion, kindling is the best way to start a fire." LOL

I think she's a great character, but definitely someone I would roll my eyes at in real life. I love when she believes she is cool, because there are adults that think they're "hip" if they use the teenagers' "lingo" ("I'm glad we got to rap about this, David." from "Peggy Makes the Big Leagues"). She's oblivious, and that's one of the things I like about her - she honestly believes the world wants to hear her musings on pancakes and tea cozy crocheting. It's kind of like Dale's unawareness (like when he thinks Peggy is in love with him when she's just being kind because she found out about Nancy's affair), although I like Dale a lot better.

darlingdarcy

[30]Jan 20, 2007
    darlingdarcy wrote:

She's oblivious, and that's one of the things I like about her - she honestly believes the world wants to hear her musings on pancakes and tea cozy crocheting.

I meant to say waffles instead of pancakes, from "Peggy's Headache" when she tells Dale she wants to talk about her column and he says, "Havin' some waffles, are ya?" and she says, "No, the longer one, about letting sleeping dogs lie."

darlingdarcy

[31]Jan 20, 2007

And the tea cozy reference is from "Old Glory" when Peggy writes a musing entitled "Tea Cozies: It's Either Crochet or the Highway!"

Edited on 01/20/2007 2:02am
    Edited 2 total times.

mitu123

[32]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 14
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Agreed, that is 100% true, she's worst than Family Guy's Meg.

knowledgeseeker

[33]Jan 21, 2007
    I hate Peggy. She is needed as much as people need headaches. I find it amusing whenever she thinks she is so superior, but she proven wrong or her plan goes downhill.

gaarapwnsall

[34]Jan 25, 2007
    The only reason that I don't like Peggy is because of her high sense of self satisfaction. But that comes from a life of having her Mom put her down for everything she's ever done. I bet if she became Vice President of the United States her mom would say "What you weren't good enough to be president"

I on the other hand have low self esteem because no matter how good I do something my Dad always said I could do better.

HelloStuart

[35]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 63
    gaarapwnsall wrote:
    I on the other hand have low self esteem because no matter how good I do something my Dad always said I could do better.

I don't think he's really being a jerk or anything, he's just trying to motivate you. Parents do reverse psychology like that all the time.

marysuperfly

[36]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I like her in some episodes and don't like her in others.  The ones that focus on her more I tend to dislike.  The episode where she is jealous of Bobby becoming the homemaker drives me crazy.  I mean, the episode is funny, but Peggy really annoys me.  I don't like her ego, but I get the point.  I see the comedy in that she prides herself in being very fluent in Spanish, but in reality could not speak a phrase to save her life. 

not_grape

[37]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    Peggy sucks. Though it is funny when she tries speaking Spanish...

marysuperfly

[38]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    For some reason I find it hilarious that so many people hate Peggy.

mitu123

[39]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    marysuperfly wrote:
    For some reason I find it hilarious that so many people hate Peggy.
    She sucks, would you like a character that is sucky 90% of the time.

gaarapwnsall

[40]Jan 27, 2007
    If she wasn't the way she was the show would be boring. Like if Carrie wasn't a biatch on King of Queens.