King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Who likes Peggy? I mean, seriously!

  • Avatar of Semaj86

    Semaj86

    [41]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 641
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [42]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of markfos73

    markfos73

    [43]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 01/28/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 22
    It's a love hate thing for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [44]Jan 29, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sillygostly

    Sillygostly

    [45]Feb 3, 2007
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 73
    Yes, Peggy is obnoxious, self-absorbed, selfish and naive, but that's what makes her character so great. She's one of the funniest characters on the show. Just thinking of some of the crap she says in Spanish is cracking me up as I type this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [46]Feb 4, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    Sillygostly wrote:
    Yes, Peggy is obnoxious, self-absorbed, selfish and naive, but that's what makes her character so great. She's one of the funniest characters on the show. Just thinking of some of the crap she says in Spanish is cracking me up as I type this.
    Funniest, I thought she was the dumbest? She can't even speak the language she teaches at school(well, she can, but not very good), and some of her sideplots are beyond stupidity(check out the Season 10 episode "The Year of Washing Dangerously", you'll see how dumb she is). There's always a character that makes me sick on these animated shows, and she's one of them. But hey, if you say she's funny(or the funniest on this show), good for you(your brave), but that type of character is the type some of us just don't like(she's similar to Meg Griffin in Family Guy). Ugh, she's dull and annoying(which is good for some and bad for others).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Semaj86

    Semaj86

    [47]Feb 4, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 641
    It's just poor taste. These "professional writers" in any given show think that a lot of the annoying stuff is funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [48]Feb 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    Semaj86 wrote:
    It's just poor taste. These "professional writers" in any given show think that a lot of the annoying stuff is funny.

    Because KOTH is a satire, not a situation comedy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tbrumfield1991

    tbrumfield1991

    [49]Feb 6, 2007
    • member since: 02/07/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 15
    I love Peggy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of coolchris44

    coolchris44

    [50]Feb 7, 2007
    • member since: 01/30/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,079
    i can't stand her most of the time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darth-Revan45

    Darth-Revan45

    [51]Feb 9, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,709
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.


    South Park has remained good for being on 10 years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seinfeld111690

    seinfeld111690

    [52]Feb 9, 2007
    • member since: 08/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 19,947
    I dont really care for her, but she can be funny at times
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [53]Feb 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    Darth-Revan45 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.

    South Park has remained good for being on 10 years.

    As were the first ten years of "The Simpsons."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darth-Revan45

    Darth-Revan45

    [54]Feb 12, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,709
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Darth-Revan45 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.

    South Park has remained good for being on 10 years.

    As were the first ten years of "The Simpsons."


    Right after that it did drop a lot though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [55]Feb 13, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    Darth-Revan45 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Darth-Revan45 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.

    South Park has remained good for being on 10 years.

    As were the first ten years of "The Simpsons."

    Right after that it did drop a lot though.

    It's still watchable, but it's very erratic now. Last Sunday's episode ("Little Big Girl") was actually alright, but this season has probably been the show's weakest one yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [56]Feb 13, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Semaj86 wrote:
    The show's already been a bore for some time.
    True, like Seasons 9 and 10. Lets hope 11 does better though.

    Let's put it this way- KOTH is doing as well as an eleven-year-old cartoon can do. The unevenness comes with the territory.
    You do know that Seasons 9 and 10 sucked, 5, 6 and 7 were average and 8 was the best since 4.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ded_Rat

    Ded_Rat

    [57]Feb 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/19/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 12
    Peggy is pretty annoying sometimes with the things she says, but shes still pretty funny.  She still isn't near my favorite character though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vampking06

    vampking06

    [58]Mar 2, 2007
    • member since: 01/18/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,112
    i do not like her. her cockiness and superiority just makes me want to push her down a flight of stairs. ok, maybe not really, but if i met someone like her in real life, she would irritate me to no end. i do love the episodes where she makes mistakes, like when she brought that mexican girl into the states. but one thing i do admire about her, is that she allways seems to have a positive attitude
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of inuyasha0987

    inuyasha0987

    [59]Mar 2, 2007
    • member since: 02/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 27
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I hate her!!! She is such a pain. She thinks that she knows Spanish but she is just a wanna be. who else agrees?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [60]Mar 3, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    inuyasha0987 wrote:
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I hate her!!! She is such a pain. She thinks that she knows Spanish but she is just a wanna be. who else agrees?

    That seems to be the one thing everyone says about Peggy. I honestly don't think her inability to comprehend another language is a substantial reason to dislike her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.