King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Who likes Peggy? I mean, seriously!

mp34mp

[81]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    somethinghidden wrote:
    I haven't really seen the last two seasons of KOTH (due to my lagging interests), but I love Peggy! She's one of the funniest on the show. Why does everyone hate her?

Because she thinks she's smarter and better than everyone else when it's obvious she's really not. She has a rather high opinion of herself, and that kind of self-absorbation is disgusting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitu123

[82]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 14
    mp34mp wrote:
    somethinghidden wrote:
    I haven't really seen the last two seasons of KOTH (due to my lagging interests), but I love Peggy! She's one of the funniest on the show. Why does everyone hate her?

Because she thinks she's smarter and better than everyone else when it's obvious she's really not. She has a rather high opinion of herself, and that kind of self-absorbation is disgusting.
    Exactly(IMO).

somethinghidden

[83]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 4

mitu123 wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    somethinghidden wrote:
    Exactly(IMO).

Yeah, that point about her is completely true (and disgusting). It's like that one episode when they tried to save the after-school program and she tried to take over when Minh and Nancy had everything planned out nicely. I see... I just find her funny when things get blown up in her face (that whole Thanksgiving episode was the apex of how extreme Peggy can get)!

HelloStuart

[84]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 63
    somethinghidden wrote:

For pretty much the same reason why Trekkers hate Wes Crusher.

mp34mp

[85]Aug 17, 2007
    HelloStuart wrote:
    somethinghidden wrote:

Whoever the hell that is.

HelloStuart

[86]Aug 21, 2007
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    somethinghidden wrote:

Whoever the hell that is.

That was the teenage son of Dr. Crusher from "The Next Generation." I've only seen a handful of episodes of TNG, but he came off as annoying.

Fuuuuureakkkk

[87]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 2
    Shes annoying but at the same time witty somewhat

+Watch The Alamo Factory Episode (where she gets the temp job)
    +the con man episode was a good example of her naive self and smart self

honestly it helps to have her cause hank as a character just becomes all the more likeable as a char because he puts up with her as much as he does and is prolly the only one who could stand up to her

Then at times I hope to god bill breaks down, and when hanks gone, rapes her and absolutely breaks her entire ego. She talks to ppl like she is superior to them and controls them (her relationship for luanne is a big example) and incredibly naive and is horrid at Spanish (which is vastly funnier when you learn Spanish and is worth learning for)

Though maybe its because of her incredibly low self esteem (weather or not she chooses to admit it) she acts as such but honestly she absolutely loves her son and father but is very naive and stupid. Also Meg from Family Guy isn't that bad (well mainly cause I pity her)

Fuuuuureakkkk

[88]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    wow still on the front

bcassner

[89]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    The episode where she fell from the plane, I wish they would have picked her back up and pushed her out again.

Megaman200798

[90]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 13
    Annoys me with her egocentric self

Megaman200798

[91]Sep 29, 2007
    mp34mp wrote:
    somethinghidden wrote:

EXCATLY!!

Megaman200798

[92]Sep 29, 2007
    bcassner wrote:
    The episode where she fell from the plane, I wish they would have picked her back up and pushed her out again.

xD It was funny seeing her vulnerable. She always puts a I know it all front

stump2790

[93]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 4
    Its not her fault its her mothers. All her life her mom put her down and I'm sure that no one else praised her so she seaked comfort in herself and after the years she began to believe herself and now she's trapped in her own life.

DrGreene422

[94]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 12
    Peggy Hill is, in MY opinion, the perfect concoction of obliviousness and naivete; wrapped in a coccoon of self-absorption, basking in the glory of her own nonexistent intelligence. Mother Platter messed her up big time.

Megaman200798

[95]Oct 15, 2007
    That one episode with Peggy and the dig made her look stupid xD

macadamwest

[96]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 3

Wes Crusher is the spawn of Satan. Much like Peggy. Just annoying people who are so stupid you wonder how they got as far along in life as they have. Seriously, Peggy just-- the voice...the voice makes me cringe, then you see episodes like where Peggy thinks she has a doctorate or where she runs for school board....just makes you want to go up and punch her in the face. And wesley- well to be perfectly honest- Wesley hated that guy. I had to stop watching ST TNG because of that guy. No matter though because I'm not a big fan of Picard either- Janeway or Kirk all the way!

Hank does come out as the better and more likable charactor though. As he says, " I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem" and unfortunately, he has an additional idiot he's married to.

Hiei1314

[97]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    She annoys the hell outta me. As a person. But as a character she can be funny when her Spanish is totally off, which is almost all the time

Megaman200798

[98]Oct 18, 2007
    macadamwest wrote:

Wes Crusher is the spawn of Satan. Much like Peggy. Just annoying people who are so stupid you wonder how they got as far along in life as they have. Seriously, Peggy just-- the voice...the voice makes me cringe, then you see episodes like where Peggy thinks she has a doctorate or where she runs for school board....just makes you want to go up and punch her in the face. And wesley- well to be perfectly honest- Wesley hated that guy. I had to stop watching ST TNG because of that guy. No matter though because I'm not a big fan of Picard either- Janeway or Kirk all the way!

Hank does come out as the better and more likable charactor though. As he says, " I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem" and unfortunately, he has an additional idiot he's married to.

Hopefully, in the future she'll think LESS of herself. It makes her that much more an idiot when she thinks high and mighty of herself

HelloStuart

[99]Oct 20, 2007
    "Idiot" seems like an awfully strong word for Peggy. I would go with "stubborn hausfrau."

mp34mp

[100]Oct 20, 2007
    HelloStuart wrote:
    "Idiot" seems like an awfully strong word for Peggy. I would go with "stubborn hausfrau."

Pyramid scheme? Selling kitchen appliances? $999 Ph.D.? Terrible Spanish? Yeah, she's an idiot. Big time.