King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

why have they stopped

  • Avatar of TD52

    TD52

    [1]Nov 16, 2006
    • member since: 11/17/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    Making new programs of King of the Hill...the Wife is missing it..and we can't understand after so many years and a loyal base..the reason to just quit

    the last program was of Louann getting pregnant after she married Lucky

    she has felt that was a bad way to just stop

    now we understand that sponsors are what pay for the shows...but there have been shows that have kept going long after they lost the sponsors and he program became dry...but because they had a good base of watchers

    so if at all possible could we get a band of ppl together and write to fox and get the program back on

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [2]Nov 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    It's coming back to FOX.

    After the football season is over.

    I think it's 1-21-07.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [3]Nov 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,282
    It hasn't been "stopped," TDS; the show is on a pigskin-imposed hiatus. As mentioned before, the eleventh season starts in January.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [4]Nov 17, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    I hope this show ends after season 11 (which premires 01-21-07, most likely) becuase I didn't like Season 9 at all and not a lot of Season 10. If this show has a Season 12 and Season 11 becomes worse than both 9 and 10, I will give up faster than the blink of an eye. No, really, it's that fast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [5]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,282
    mitu123 wrote:
    I hope this show ends after season 11 (which premires 01-21-07, most likely) becuase I didn't like Season 9 at all and not a lot of Season 10. If this show has a Season 12 and Season 11 becomes worse than both 9 and 10, I will give up faster than the blink of an eye. No, really, it's that fast.

    Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I would say for the most part KOTH is getting a little more hit and miss but it's still worth watching.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [6]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    I hope this show ends after season 11 (which premires 01-21-07, most likely) becuase I didn't like Season 9 at all and not a lot of Season 10. If this show has a Season 12 and Season 11 becomes worse than both 9 and 10, I will give up faster than the blink of an eye. No, really, it's that fast.

    Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I would say for the most part KOTH is getting a little more hit and miss but it's still worth watching.
    Yes, I admit that this show is still watchable because Season 10 did save the show (Hank's Bully, Edu-macting Lucky, Church Hopping, The Texas Panhandler, Bystand Me), but it still had more of a miss than hit(every other episode had sucked, well, mostly), and Season 9 is all miss. Lets hope Season 11 earns more hits than misses so it can shut ME up about the show, and some Season 10 episodes are overrated, like 24 Hour Propane People(it's more annoying than funny).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danigro89

    danigro89

    [7]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 01/09/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,129
    It probably won't end, it was going to last year but FOX revived it in March so I don't think its going anywhere for a while.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [8]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    danigro89 wrote:
    It probably won't end, it was going to last year but FOX revived it in March so I don't think its going anywhere for a while.
    Fox makes stupid choices. If Mike Judge wanted to end this show(which I heard quite a long time ago), let him end it. But no, Fox saved him and his show at the 11th hour. The only way it'll last if we judge how good the show is. If Season 11 is good, I don't mind more seasons. If it's bad (like Season 9), cancel it fast, we don't want something boring on T.V. for years to come.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [9]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    mitu123 wrote:
    danigro89 wrote:
    It probably won't end, it was going to last year but FOX revived it in March so I don't think its going anywhere for a while.
    Fox makes stupid choices. If Mike Judge wanted to end this show(which I heard quite a long time ago), let him end it. But no, Fox saved him and his show at the 11th hour. The only way it'll last if we judge how good the show is. If Season 11 is good, I don't mind more seasons. If it's bad (like Season 9), cancel it fast, we don't want something boring on T.V. for years to come.

    I agree and season 9 was a season I could have done without also.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [10]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    I blame Season 9. It ruined my faith in this show. There was not a
    single likeable episode, besides the Season finale, which I gave a 5.
    LOL, I know. Season 10 had some great ones, but it became another
    averge to dull season for a show I loved since Season 1. 5 episodes are likeable in Season 10, but 5 more are average and another 5 are bad.
    Season 11, you better have an episode that tops off "A Firefighting We Will Go", which is almost impossible by the way. And 10 or more episodes need to be great, 15 if there are more than 20 episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Semaj86

    Semaj86

    [11]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 641
    I'm also part of the crowd who hated Season 9. After the slight pick-up in Season 8, this is where the show started to lose its sense of humor.

    I will never understand how one message board claimed that "Dale to the Chief" was a better jab at the American government than The Simpsons' "Bart Mangled Banner". Neither episode was very good, but there was nothing funny about the KotH version at all.

    I'm not expecting the show to last past Season 11. But its renewal beyond that will be a serious mistake if the writers continue boring us to tears.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mitu123

    mitu123

    [12]Nov 19, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,166
    Semaj86 wrote:
    I'm also part of the crowd who hated Season 9. After the slight pick-up in Season 8, this is where the show started to lose its sense of humor.

    I will never understand how one message board claimed that "Dale to the Chief" was a better jab at the American government than The Simpsons' "Bart Mangled Banner". Neither episode was very good, but there was nothing funny about the KotH version at all.

    I'm not expecting the show to last past Season 11. But its renewal beyond that will be a serious mistake if the writers continue boring us to tears.
    Dale to the Chief is like watching a humorless version of your favorite KOTH episode(one of mine is Ho-Yeah!)It may have a plot, but everything else fails completely, including lack of jokes, humor, and what it doesn't lack is how freaking boring it is to watch. Bart Mangled Banner was way funnier with more jokes, but it sucked too. Lets all pray for Season 11 though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.