King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Will Bobby EVER hit puberty?

berberdog

[21]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    Oh, yeah, i've seen that one. It's "The Incredible Hank". Sorry, i forgot. Well, they could still have Bobby start puberty another way........... Suggestions? They would need to keep his personality the same, though. I feel that since they had Joseph Gribble hit puberty, his personality changed and he acts dumber than usual.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[22]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 63
    berberdog wrote:
    I feel that since they had Joseph Gribble hit puberty, his personality changed and he acts dumber than usual.

No, he's just socially awkward. He's basically a better-built version of Dale when he was his age.

r10tp00f

[23]Feb 5, 2008
    In the episode when Jospeh hit puberty Bobby was gone away for the summer to his grandparents. What if Bobby did that again, but when he comes back he's hit puberty over the summer. Then he has his 14th birthday and the new school year begins, meaning the kids would be in grade 9, the high school. I don't know... i just want it to happen.

berberdog

[24]Feb 6, 2008

r10tp00f wrote:
    In the episode when Jospeh hit puberty Bobby was gone away for the summer to his grandparents. What if Bobby did that again, but when he comes back he's hit puberty over the summer. Then he has his 14th birthday and the new school year begins, meaning the kids would be in grade 9, the high school. I don't know... i just want it to happen.

I had that in mind but I didn't know if I should use it. Now that I hear it again it would be a good idea. I still don't think Bobby will ever get taller than Hank though. In the flashbacks, Hank is taller than Bobby is when he's Bobby's age. Plus, Bobby will always be shorter and chubby.

HelloStuart

[25]Feb 7, 2008

r10tp00f wrote:

Not necessarily. Some school districts have an August cutoff, while others do it by the calendar. For example, I have a late August birthday, and I was always the first person in my class to turn a certain age (like 14 in 8th grade).

Edited on 02/07/2008 8:09am

Megaman200798

[26]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:

r10tp00f wrote:

Not necessarily. Some school districts have an August cutoff, while others do it by the calendar. For example, I have a late August birthday, and I was always the first person in my class to turn a certain age (like 14 in 8th grade).

It sucks being in December

berberdog

[27]Mar 18, 2008

Okay, I love King of the Hill and I still enjoy the new episodes. Sure, it jumped the shark with the addition of Lucky, although I wish they never had introduced him in the first place. And Cotton's death was jumping the shark ,too. But I know what would really make the show jump the shark: LET BOBBY HIT PUBERTY ALREADY!!! I don't know why the writers haven't allowed him to yet; Joseph and Connie have episodes ago and if they are trying to get the point around that Bobby is a late bloomer, we already get the point. It's about the 230th episode, I think it's about time Bobby should begin puberty. It would also open the door to new episode ideas as well.

P.S. It seemed like in "Ladies and Gentrification" Bobby kept bringing up his 14th birthday, so could this actually be on the horizon?

mp34mp

[28]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    berberdog wrote:

Okay, It seemed like in "Ladies and Gentrification" Bobby kept bringing up his 14th birthday, so could this actually be on the horizon?

God I hope not.

cocosperson

[29]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 4

I would like to see Bobby go through puberty and then realize his dream of being a prop comic. He could do birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, etc., and have an occasional gig at the ice cream shop. This could be a backstory to pretty much all the episodes, as Hank & Peggy have to get Bobby to his gigs and stay in the background . . . they say he is too young to star at the local comedy club, Hank worries that being a prop comic isn't macho enough, etc. Basically, Hank and Peggy have to wrestle with the fact that their son, like his peers, is growing up.

mp34mp

[30]Mar 22, 2008

Still don't understand why people want to see Bobby hit puberty. Is it too much to ask that a show just to be what it is? "A man and his horrible wife, his crazy friends and his awkward & annoying fat son whom he finds lame".

Funny how nobody ever moans about the Peanuts gang not hitting puberty, or how Shaggy in Scooby Doo never sobered up from all his pot parties in the mystery van, or Wilie E. Coyote finally catching the Roadrunner and making a nice stew from him. As long as we're on the subject, I would like to see Elmer Fudd blow away Bugs Bunny for a final time and just end it already.

mp34mp

[31]Mar 22, 2008
    berberdog wrote:

Okay, I love King of the Hill and I still enjoy the new episodes. Sure, it jumped the shark with the addition of Lucky, although I wish they never had introduced him in the first place. And Cotton's death was jumping the shark ,too. But I know what would really make the show jump the shark: LET BOBBY HIT PUBERTY ALREADY!!!

I don't think Cotton dying is jumping the shark. Other characters have died on the show. It's just the natural progression of things. However, having Bobby hit puberty would totally destroy his character, and that would a jumping the shark moment. And quite frankly, I don't see the purpose or the point of it, other than Bobby saying "oh I hit puberty". Puberty has ruined many, many television shows. Unless it's just so absolutely lame is has no possible chance of ever not sucking (i.e. "The Brady Bunch") then it doesn't matter.

BlackCowDeath

[32]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    I personally don't care if Bobby ever grows hair on his scrotum...

berberdog

[33]Apr 14, 2008
    If the writers ever did allow Bobby to enter puberty, wouldn't they have to replace Pamela Aldon as the voice for Bobby for someone with a deeper voice? Let's face facts, why would they ever replace a faithful voice actor who had been on their show for 12 years? It's not likely............ But then again, never say never......

HelloStuart

[34]Apr 14, 2008
    berberdog wrote:
    If the writers ever did allow Bobby to enter puberty, wouldn't they have to replace Pamela Aldon as the voice for Bobby for someone with a deeper voice? Let's face facts, why would they ever replace a faithful voice actor who had been on their show for 12 years? It's not likely... but then again, never say never...

I thought PSA left two years ago...

mp34mp

[35]Apr 16, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:
    If the writers ever did allow Bobby to enter puberty, wouldn't they have to replace Pamela Aldon as the voice for Bobby for someone with a deeper voice? Let's face facts, why would they ever replace a faithful voice actor who had been on their show for 12 years? It's not likely... but then again, never say never...

"Whud are you talking about???"

HelloStuart

[36]Apr 19, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

Pamela Segall-Aldon, veteran voice-over actress.

mp34mp

[37]Apr 19, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

She left 2 years ago?

HelloStuart

[38]Apr 21, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    berberdog wrote:

She left 2 years ago?

Correction- she left and came back. Ashley Gardner (the voice of Nancy) filled in for PSA in two episodes where Bobby didn't play an integral role in the plot (i.e. two or three lines).

berberdog

[39]Jun 12, 2008
    I think they should have something in the new 13th season where Bobby mentions he actually has the starts of a moustache. Peggy and Hank can't see it. Peggy looks at Bobby with a magnifying glass and says that he really is: he has two, small dark hairs on his upper lip. But the comedy in that is that he never does have a growth spurt or visible moustache like Joseph Gribble. He is just drawn 1 inch taller....nobody even really notices that he grew. And his voice doesn't really change. So even when Bobby is beginning puberty, it is not evident. He just never will be as manly as Joseph Gribble. What do you think? lol

HelloStuart

[40]Jun 12, 2008
    berberdog wrote:
    I think they should have something in the new 13th season where Bobby mentions he actually has the starts of a moustache. Peggy and Hank can't see it. Peggy looks at Bobby with a magnifying glass and says that he really is: he has two, small dark hairs on his upper lip. But the comedy in that is that he never does have a growth spurt or visible moustache like Joseph Gribble. He is just drawn 1 inch taller....nobody even really notices that he grew. And his voice doesn't really change. So even when Bobby is beginning puberty, it is not evident. He just never will be as manly as Joseph Gribble. What do you think? lol

Bobby Hill will always be 13, Bart Simpson will always be 10, and Stewie Griffin will always be approximately 18 months old. That's just the way it is.