King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Will Bobby EVER hit puberty?

Kadodian

[41]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    Well I don't really care if he hits puberty I find Bobby annoying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SEEGBO1

[42]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    Bobby wouldn't be as funny if he hit puberty

HelloStuart

[43]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 63
    SEEGBO1 wrote:
    Bobby wouldn't be as funny if he hit puberty.

Yet "the change" made Joseph a far more interesting character. Go figure.

SEEGBO1

[44]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    what I mean is that when you hit puberty you become sophisticated and your not as goofy and all not that there is any thing wrong with it but bobys goofiness and immaturity makes him funny and I think he would lose that if he got puberty

berberdog

[45]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm just thinking it would be funny to have Bobby still short and fat but with some pimples standing next to Joseph who is taller with a visible moustache and deeper voice. I mean, it seems impossible as of now for Bobby ever to reach Hank's full height...

HelloStuart

[46]Jun 15, 2008
    berberdog wrote:
    I'm just thinking it would be funny to have Bobby still short and fat but with some pimples standing next to Joseph who is taller with a visible moustache and deeper voice. I mean, it seems impossible as of now for Bobby ever to reach Hank's full height...

So... you want Bobby to look like Hal Dumpty?

inferre

[47]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 11

I bet if Bobby hit puberty, he would discover that things he liked to do aren't that interesting anymore (like prop-comedy) and he would end up mad that he's becoming as boring as his father (or he'd realize that at some points Hank Hill is in-fact a boring person).

So... No. We don't need it. Let's have Bobby be Bobby forever. Well, until Mike Judge leaves Fox anyway.

lunchbox171717

[48]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    mp34mp wrote:

Still don't understand why people want to see Bobby hit puberty. Is it too much to ask that a show just to be what it is? "A man and his horrible wife, his crazy friends and his awkward & annoying fat son whom he finds lame".

Funny how nobody ever moans about the Peanuts gang not hitting puberty, or how Shaggy in Scooby Doo never sobered up from all his pot parties in the mystery van, or Wilie E. Coyote finally catching the Roadrunner and making a nice stew from him. As long as we're on the subject, I would like to see Elmer Fudd blow away Bugs Bunny for a final time and just end it already.

For your information, Elmer Fudd did kill Bugs. In Family Guy, but nevertheless. Snapped his neck and everything. Move a long MP3 nothing else to see here.

HelloStuart

[49]Jun 17, 2008
    lunchbox171717 wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    As long as we're on the subject, I would like to see Elmer Fudd blow away Bugs Bunny for a final time and just end it already.

For your information, Elmer Fudd did kill Bugs. In Family Guy, but nevertheless. Snapped his neck and everything.

That doesn't count.

hippy_91

[50]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    no he will never hit puberty. he will always have that annoying voice and never have facial hair.

mp34mp

[51]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    HelloStuart wrote:
    lunchbox171717 wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    As long as we're on the subject, I would like to see Elmer Fudd blow away Bugs Bunny for a final time and just end it already.

For your information, Elmer Fudd did kill Bugs. In Family Guy, but nevertheless. Snapped his neck and everything.

That doesn't count.

That's right it doesn't count. Warner Brothers would have to produce the episode. "The episode to end all WB episodes". Imagine if they did that kind of decades of repetitiveness with a new cartoon today with Generation A.D.D.? Why they would constantly vote on their Blackberries on e-polls to have it canceled, assuming they hadn't already forgotten about the show.

Hoeech

[52]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 66
    Hey, I know people in their thirties who haven't hit puberty yet (they know who they are).

kitsuneboy1

[53]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 10
    If they do, they should keep his personality...Bobby-ish, like in the early days.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Don't turn Bobby into the little clone Hank always wanted! Hank may be the main character, but his behavior has changed since the early days, and back then, he and Bobby did have stuff in common, like watching the Cowboys (remember "Hank's Cowboy Movie"?), or hunting and target shooting.

If they do let the boy his puberty by the end of the series, let him and Hank have a few episodes where they bond over some of the stuff they did in the old days rather than radically change their interests or keep doing the whole "Hank's interests vs. Bobby's interests".

berberdog

[54]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 7

kitsuneboy1 wrote:
    If they do, they should keep his personality...Bobby-ish, like in the early days. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Don't turn Bobby into the little clone Hank always wanted! Hank may be the main character, but his behavior has changed since the early days, and back then, he and Bobby did have stuff in common, like watching the Cowboys (remember "Hank's Cowboy Movie"?), or hunting and target shooting. If they do let the boy his puberty by the end of the series, let him and Hank have a few episodes where they bond over some of the stuff they did in the old days rather than radically change their interests or keep doing the whole "Hank's interests vs. Bobby's interests".

Yes, that's what I mean. Even before Joseph hit puberty, he stalked girls. As I recall, he freaked a girl out who he wouldn't stop asking out to a dance in a season 2 or 3 episode. And now that he has started the only things that have changed about him are his physcial appearance and slight awkwardness. I haven't really seemed a change in his personality, I mean, he's not a totally different person as he was when the show began. So, in Bobby's case, he will still be into prop comedy and having his feminine moments that embarrass Hank even when he has a growth spurt and moustache. That's just who Bobby is and always will be, and I don't see puberty changing that about him. Bobby deals well with his awkward weight issues, he could deal just as well with acne issues.

BFC92

[55]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    Bobby might hit puberty in the series final but if he dosen't that would be ok too. But then again I have heard people could get cancer if they don't go through puberty at a certain age...

dissapearing

[56]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    maybe bobby is just a late bloomer.haha. maybe when he finally does mature he'll look better than joseph and any other guy in arlen. maybe connie will like him more?

HelloStuart

[57]Sep 26, 2008
    dissapearing wrote:
    maybe connie will like him more?

You just won't let that die, will you?

dissapearing

[58]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    hellostuart what are you talking about?

kitsuneboy1

[59]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    inferre wrote:

I bet if Bobby hit puberty, he would discover that things he liked to do aren't that interesting anymore (like prop-comedy) and he would end up mad that he's becoming as boring as his father (or he'd realize that at some points Hank Hill is in-fact a boring person).

So... No. We don't need it. Let's have Bobby be Bobby forever. Well, until Mike Judge leaves Fox anyway.

I don't think puberty always changes one's interests.

To be honest, I'd say what will drive a wedge between Bobby and Hankin the long term is Hank's anal retentive nature.

HelloStuart

[60]Oct 7, 2008
    dissapearing wrote:
    hellostuart what are you talking about?

Sorry if I snapped at you, but I'm sick of people thinking Bobby and Connie will get back together. They "broke up" six years ago, get over it.