King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Will there be a series finale?

goku262002

[1]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 5

^^^ Topic. I really hope there is one if KOTH is going to end, it should end right and tie up all loose ends. Discuss.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[2]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    No. One isn't planned, either. Tying up loose ends would ruin a lot of episodes when in syndication. It's part of the charm that's King of the Hill. I don't know why people don't understand this...

berberdog

[3]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Okay, what do you mean? When I see episodes from seasons 1-4 I feel funny seeing little Joseph. So in syndiacation, Joseph is ruined for me because I know what he becomes. But if Dale found out the truth about Redcorn in a finale, people would still enjoy re-runs seeing how Dale acted before he knew and laugh at how foolish he had been throughout the show's history up to that moment. Same with Bobby.... If Bobby hit puberty in the finale, and people thought that ruined his character, they could just go back and enjoy the older episodes with short, babyish Bobby. Last, if there was a finale, people could just get over what they didn't like about it. Whtaever happens is supposed to happen (according to the show writers).

mp34mp

[4]Nov 10, 2008
    Joseph ain't no Bobby, and all that Joseph idea did was make one awkward episode. Joseph wasn't a trademark character. You know you just contradicted yourself, Joseph's ruined but Dale's wouldn't be? The Dale gag isn't worth ruining by resolving it, that's the thing. And what humor would there be from Bobby hitting puberty? What are they going to do with him? Make him a moody, angry pimply teenager who's miserable all the time? That's not going to make people fond of him.

berberdog

[5]Nov 10, 2008
    Well, remember that episode where Peggy was on that foot fetish website? At the end, Bobby gave her a talk about feeling better about yourself and told her he's fat but he doesn't care. If Bobby can deal with being fat, couldn't he also deal with having pimples? Think about it. Puberty wouldn't really change Bobby on the inside, just the outside. Also, if everyone really cared about Dale's character, they would stop laughing at his misfortune of raising a son that isn't even his, and let him know the truth. That would make a good sensitive episode. Maybe Joseph wouldn't even have to know.....just Dale. It would just make the earlier episodes classics. Change or wrapping things up in a show isn't that bad. It can be a good thing.

mp34mp

[6]Nov 10, 2008
    Dale knowing his wife cheated on him and having an affair and knowning his offspring wasn't his under the cruelest of situations would not be funny or "sensitive" in any sense. That's a really big deal on marriage infidelity, that's not even a subject ever even making light of. You have any idea on the effect if everyone involved on that would react? If you watch KOTH, how do you think Dale would *really* deal with Nancy cheating on him? It wouldn't be pleasant, none for any party involved. There's no real way to resolve this; Dale wouldn't be all "eh brush it off the shoulder", he'd be really upset. And the whole relationship of Bobby & Peggy accepting each other who they are is just too surreal. "Bobby realizing his hormones and puberty" would just be too lame, under any circumstance. Bobby going "Mom you have big feet / I'm a boy in puberity dealing with acne is such a normal thing" would make such a lame instance. Bobby meeting puberty with overcoming it like adversity is just too much and is totally not KOTH's style.

berberdog

[7]Nov 11, 2008
    Joseph seems to be okay with his puberty in the newer episodes. He has girlfriends, plays football, weighlifts with his shirt off, instead of hiding his changes from Dale, he's proud of them. Joseph has a life, and I'm sure Bobby would probably handle puberty better than Joseph did whe he first statrted in season 4. The show would be okay with it. Bobby would probabaly brag to Hank and his friends about having a mousatche. As for Dale, I think he would end up staying with Nancy after he realized how she took it back and he would try to sell Joseph to John Redcorn or kill John Redcorn at first, but Hank would talk him out of it, and it would end the same, except with Dale now knowing the truth. I would like that episode. Yep. Yep. Yep. Mm-hmm.

mp34mp

[8]Nov 12, 2008
    Again, Dale already tried to pass off Joseph to some other family, which resulted in an even closer bond between Dale & Joseph, and Dale is more scared of John Redcorn than vise versa. Dale wanting to kill Redcorn? That's way too extreme for KOTH. And Hank would force Bobby to shave his mustache, if anything. I think with all parties concerned, it's best to "let sleeping dogs lie".

dissapearing

[9]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    well, anyway didn't they say there was going to be an episode THIS season about luanne FINALLY giving birth???

goku262002

[10]Nov 16, 2008
    Aww man you cant mean there going to end KOTH with just a regular episode? Theres just gotta be something planned its a big deal after all.

HelloStuart

[11]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 63
    dissapearing wrote:
    well, anyway didn't they say there was going to be an episode THIS season about luanne FINALLY giving birth???

February sweeps, yes. She was even "showing" in the McMansion episode.

Still, Joe's wife on "Family Guy" holds the TV record for longest pregnancy (ten years in April).

Semaj86

[12]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 6

For those still waiting for Luanne to "show"...

Luanne Pregnant

Edited on 11/24/2008 11:14am

zan4

[13]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    why would it be so bad for bobby to hit puberty at the end of the season? I mean... It wouldnt really change him that much... He can grow a few more inches... still have his baby fat and all that.... They dont need to change his character design that much to get the point throw.. Plus he already knows what that is about and what sex is able and all that.... Also with dale i dont think it would change how he see his son... Yes at first he will go alittle nuts but he would soon accept that he is his son no matter what...

berberdog

[14]Nov 25, 2008
    So true..... So true.... In fact, it would make Hank prouder of Bobby if he grew a few more inches. He would have his son try out for football when tall enough.

walkerdoug

[15]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    If there was a final episode, I would like to see somebody tell Peggy off. I mean she is so stupid. She thinks she knows a lot, but she doesn't. Also, have Bobby hit puberty, that seems to be everyones favorite, Luanne have her baby, and Dale find out the secret. That would be an exciting end.

mp34mp

[16]Nov 26, 2008
    walkerdoug wrote:
    Also, have Bobby hit puberty, that seems to be everyones favorite, Luanne have her baby, and Dale find out the secret. That would be an exciting end.

I've been watching KOTH since 1997... no Bobby puberty, no Dale finding out secret. I would not want to see that. Keep those loose ends untied, it's part of the show. IMO, they've already tied up too many plots.

HelloStuart

[17]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:
    walkerdoug wrote:
    Also, have Bobby hit puberty, that seems to be everyones favorite, Luanne have her baby, and Dale find out the secret. That would be an exciting end.

I've been watching KOTH since 1997... no Bobby puberty, no Dale finding out secret. I would not want to see that. Keep those loose ends untied, it's part of the show. IMO, they've already tied up too many plots.

I totally agree. Let sleeping dogs lie, remember?

nxtbestdirector

[18]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    If i was dale and i found out the first thing oi would do is cry then get divorced with full custody and most of the stuff or stay married for joseph dale really loves his son i do think he shouldnt know

xTokiWartoothx

[19]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    there probably wont be a finale because it looks like abc is really serious about picking up king of the hill.

kyfm

[20]Dec 6, 2008
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    there probably wont be a finale because it looks like abc is really serious about picking up king of the hill.

yea and a new show made by KOTH's creators but the question is when would abc air king of the hill they have a crowded lineup tgif probably never coming back i dont know where they would air it