King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Won't be on ABC after all...so it's dead now, right?

berberdog

[1]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    Adult Swim has picked up KOTH for re-runs only, and in an interview, one of the guys who work on the show joked that they would still have a talk with ABC...So I guess it really is over and all of our hopes just got up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[2]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 16
    By the time all things are said and done, KOTH will have over 250 episodes. Cripes, isn't that enough?? Have any of you been watching syndication reruns over the years? They had some pretty bad episodes over the years, especially the last few.

HelloStuart

[3]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: KOTH is ending at the right time. Thirteen years was just enough.

nxtbestdirector

[4]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: KOTH is ending at the right time. Thirteen years was just enough.
    they should make it to 300 episodes in my opinion i just want it to end with a series finale

TudorRose

[5]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    I think 13 seasons and 250 episodes is great it will go out while it is still golden. I do wish they would do a 2 part series finally that raps up the show.

HelloStuart

[6]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 63
    TudorRose wrote:
    I think 13 seasons and 250 episodes is great it will go out while it is still golden. I do wish they would do a 2 part series finally that raps up the show.

Maybe a direct-to-DVD movie?

Semaj86

[7]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 6

mp34mp wrote:
    By the time all things are said and done, KOTH will have over 250 episodes. Cripes, isn't that enough?? Have any of you been watching syndication reruns over the years? They had some pretty bad episodes over the years, especially the last few.

That's pretty much why I rarely watch repeats anymore.

Jamminjake

[8]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 28
    I would have really liked this show to last a few more seasons. There is no decline in quality what so ever. In fact it seems that the show has only gotten better with time. To that comment on lousy episodes, I'm not sure what declining quality you have seen. Could you please cite?

mp34mp

[9]Nov 26, 2008
    Jamminjake wrote:
    I would have really liked this show to last a few more seasons. There is no decline in quality what so ever. In fact it seems that the show has only gotten better with time. To that comment on lousy episodes, I'm not sure what declining quality you have seen. Could you please cite?

Just pick any episode from the past 2 1/2 seasons. There's not any LOL moments, there's no real jokes. Just a lot of boring stuff that happens, and inconsistent irrelevant subplots and arupt endings. Not to mention dated scripts, e.g. the Myspace and No Child Left Behind episodes. The show is clearly out of gas and on borrowed time.

shadowysea07

[10]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 25
    mp34mp wrote:
    Jamminjake wrote:

Just pick any episode from the past 2 1/2 seasons. There's not any LOL moments, there's no real jokes. Just a lot of boring stuff that happens, and inconsistent irrelevant subplots and arupt endings. Not to mention dated scripts, e.g. the Myspace and No Child Left Behind episodes. The show is clearly out of gas and on borrowed time.
    plot wise i kinda agree with you. myspace and the scouts thing are way late. The no child left behind was awful. But i do wish they were going to wrap up the series. I still can't believe that its going to adult swim. I also can't believe its being replace by the cleveland show which has an awful rating and will be lucky to last a season.

mp34mp

[11]Dec 8, 2008
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    I also can't believe its being replace by the cleveland show which has an awful rating and will be lucky to last a season.

What "rating" are you referring to? The Cleveland show hasn't even come out yet.

xTokiWartoothx

[12]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 10
    mp34mp wrote:
    Jamminjake wrote:

from the minds of those dulled down by the empty humor and plotless scripts of family guy and such

what makes king of the hill so great, is that unlike all these other shows, this stuff could actually happen, they are a really family, with real friends, real neighbors, and real problems. not like american dad where stan kils tons of people and doesnt get in trouble because hes in the cia, peters limitless bank account which is used to provide ridiculously stupid stupid storylines (if you can call 5 minutes of plot related material a storyline) on family guy, or the 176th time homer makes marge mad and has to make up with her on the simpsons

this show is a classic, with extremely memorable characters. and the new seasons are just as good, take the episode where they had to tear down that monsterous house. it was hysterical. even the myspace episode, though dated, is really funny, because it is a perfect representation of that time. and its not even dated considering 90% of family guys jokes are about tv shows and actors from the 70s and 80s

mp34mp

[13]Dec 14, 2008
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Jamminjake wrote:

from the minds of those dulled down by the empty humor and plotless scripts of family guy and such

what makes king of the hill so great, is that unlike all these other shows, this stuff could actually happen, they are a really family, with real friends, real neighbors, and real problems. not like american dad where stan kils tons of people and doesnt get in trouble because hes in the cia, peters limitless bank account which is used to provide ridiculously stupid stupid storylines (if you can call 5 minutes of plot related material a storyline) on family guy, or the 176th time homer makes marge mad and has to make up with her on the simpsons

this show is a classic, with extremely memorable characters. and the new seasons are just as good, take the episode where they had to tear down that monsterous house. it was hysterical. even the myspace episode, though dated, is really funny, because it is a perfect representation of that time. and its not even dated considering 90% of family guys jokes are about tv shows and actors from the 70s and 80s

Um, I like King of the Hill over Family Guy or American Dad. And I'm not one of those "minds dulled by empty humor". Get off your highhorse (or your high skateboard) and shove your pretentious assumptions where the sun doesn't shine. I love King of the Hill, and the show it not what it used to be. I'm well aware of what King of the Hill is and what it stands for. And the only reason why you don't get Family Guy's references is because you're not old enough to "get it". Do you really think somebody like Peggy Hill really exists in this world? Or Dale Gribble? Buck Strickland is more of a cartoon character than anything. Don't forget King of the Hill has its fantasy / extremely fictional plots as well.

Semaj86

[14]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 6

xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Jamminjake wrote:
    from the minds of those dulled down by the empty humor and plotless scripts of family guy and such what makes king of the hill so great, is that unlike all these other shows, this stuff could actually happen, they are a really family, with real friends, real neighbors, and real problems. not like american dad where stan kils tons of people and doesnt get in trouble because hes in the cia, peters limitless bank account which is used to provide ridiculously stupid stupid storylines (if you can call 5 minutes of plot related material a storyline) on family guy, or the 176th time homer makes marge mad and has to make up with her on the simpsons this show is a classic, with extremely memorable characters. and the new seasons are just as good, take the episode where they had to tear down that monsterous house. it was hysterical. even the myspace episode, though dated, is really funny, because it is a perfect representation of that time. and its not even dated considering 90% of family guys jokes are about tv shows and actors from the 70s and 80s

This hardly has anything to do with whether or not King of the Hill is better than Family Guy, since FG has had a lot of the same recent problems where they never do anything new, interesting, or funny anymore.

King of the Hill shouldn't do anymore Bobby episodes, because he no longer has a personality. Everything he did in the conservation and studying episodes were mere setups for whatever problems Hank and the other grown-ups were having. Same with Joseph's school transfer from last season. Before they tried to turn Bobby gay the kids weren't just brainless props. They had actual personalities. They actually though about whatever situtation they were in. That is no longer the case.

Furthermore, they haven't mentioned much about Peggy's real estate job this season, and the MySpace episode was the first real thing they've done with Donna, and she's been on the show for what, 6 years?

King of the Hill today is no where near the level of where it was a decade ago, back when the writers still cared about this show. They can't expect the show to go any further if they're not willing to work for it anymore.

xTokiWartoothx

[15]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    mp34mp wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Jamminjake wrote:

Um, I like King of the Hill over Family Guy or American Dad. And I'm not one of those "minds dulled by empty humor". Get off your highhorse (or your high skateboard) and shove your pretentious assumptions where the sun doesn't shine. I love King of the Hill, and the show it not what it used to be. I'm well aware of what King of the Hill is and what it stands for. And the only reason why you don't get Family Guy's references is because you're not old enough to "get it". Do you really think somebody like Peggy Hill really exists in this world? Or Dale Gribble? Buck Strickland is more of a cartoon character than anything. Don't forget King of the Hill has its fantasy / extremely fictional plots as well.

cram it chief.

and i get the references on family guy. im pretty sure weve all watched nick at night. they just arent funny.

sorry that i havent been staring at my tv since the 70s.

skull555

[16]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    Above, a Direct to DVD Movie was mentioned. I think that would be a pretty good idea!