King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Would there ever be a King of the Hill video game?

  • Avatar of ArmoredCore55

    ArmoredCore55

    [1]May 27, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 2,419
    I would like to see one. I know there are Simpsons video games.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [2]May 28, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,258
    A KOTH video game would probably make as much sense as a "The Office" video game. Interpret that whichever way you'd like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Underdog121488

    Underdog121488

    [3]May 28, 2009
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,253
    No.
    The Simpsons is alot wackier than KOTH.

    KOTH would not work.
    What would Hank's attack be?
    Spraying propane at his enemies?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [4]May 29, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,258
    Underdog121488 wrote:
    No.
    The Simpsons is alot wackier than KOTH.

    KOTH would not work.
    What would Hank's attack be?
    Spraying propane at his enemies?

    Just going "Bwah?!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of berberdog

    berberdog

    [5]May 29, 2009
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 288

    HelloStuart wrote:
    Underdog121488 wrote:
    No. The Simpsons is alot wackier than KOTH. KOTH would not work. What would Hank's attack be? Spraying propane at his enemies?
    Just going "Bwah?!"

    I think they could have "Hank's Propane Fun Run". You have Hank drive his truck to deliver propane tanks to client's homes throughout Arlen. You have to drive at the right speed limit and stop at every stop light. You also have to be courteous to your customers.

    Either that, or they could have "Rainey Street Tractor Racing". You choose which character and which tractor model and then you race. It's a 2-player game.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dancingbeatle

    dancingbeatle

    [6]May 30, 2009
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 2,618
    Well there have been worse video games, Beavis and Butt-head comes to my mind, but that's only what I think.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArmoredCore55

    ArmoredCore55

    [7]May 31, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 2,419
    I also think it would be funny if Hank would run into Bill with a mower in a KotH video game. Although, a KotH video game would be cool.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DOMOJITA

    DOMOJITA

    [8]May 31, 2009
    • member since: 04/07/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,314
    if you go to gamefaq.com and type in king of the hill there a computer game of it based on the show, so it kinda already icsis but i dont think iny ones selling it iny more, so you might have to buy it off ebay or some other website.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArmoredCore55

    ArmoredCore55

    [9]May 31, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 2,419
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    if you go to gamefaq.com and type in king of the hill there a computer game of it based on the show, so it kinda already icsis but i dont think iny ones selling it iny more, so you might have to buy it off ebay or some other website.
    It's not that popular.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DOMOJITA

    DOMOJITA

    [10]May 31, 2009
    • member since: 04/07/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,314
    i never sed it was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArmoredCore55

    ArmoredCore55

    [11]Jun 1, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 2,419
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    i never sed it was.
    Well, I don't see pictures for the game.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kitsuneboy1

    kitsuneboy1

    [12]Jun 4, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 433
    Maybe something simple, like you choose a character, go around Arlen, interact with others, play mini-games, earn money and buy stuff, that sort of thing.

    But have more than two choices in replies to different characters, not just "yes" and "no".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DOMOJITA

    DOMOJITA

    [13]Jun 4, 2009
    • member since: 04/07/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,314
    yah that sounds good if there was a king of the hill video game i hope it comes out on the wii,ps3 and xbox360 so everyone can play it and i would eather choose john redcorn, joseph, bobby, dale or lucky to be one of the characters in the game.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DOMOJITA

    DOMOJITA

    [14]Jun 4, 2009
    • member since: 04/07/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,314
    i just thot of one how about a king of the hill raceing game, called king of the hill racers and the characters you get to pick are hank,bobby,dale,peggy,boomhaur,bill,john redcorn,joseph,nancy,connie,mihn,kahn and it will be like south park rally, were it has story mode 2 player vs mode and training mode also you get to billed your own tracks, and you get to unlock hidden characters like koten,luanne,lucky,jinichiro hill or is it jonijiro hill, iny ways katlynn (joseph' half twin sister) dubb gribble and buck stricklin and you can customize cars the characters billed your own characters and make your own car, what do you think of this idea for a video game and it shude be for the wii, ps3, psp, xbox 360, nintendo ds & pc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArmoredCore55

    ArmoredCore55

    [15]Jun 7, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 2,419
    DOMOJITA wrote:
    i just thot of one how about a king of the hill raceing game, called king of the hill racers and the characters you get to pick are hank,bobby,dale,peggy,boomhaur,bill,john redcorn,joseph,nancy,connie,mihn,kahn and it will be like south park rally, were it has story mode 2 player vs mode and training mode also you get to billed your own tracks, and you get to unlock hidden characters like koten,luanne,lucky,jinichiro hill or is it jonijiro hill, iny ways katlynn (joseph' half twin sister) dubb gribble and buck stricklin and you can customize cars the characters billed your own characters and make your own car, what do you think of this idea for a video game and it shude be for the wii, ps3, psp, xbox 360, nintendo ds & pc.
    I think your idea is good. I would also like to see one that's like a GTA game or that Simpsons Game from the PS3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KOTHwatcher

    KOTHwatcher

    [16]Sep 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/06/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3

    "I would also like to see one that's like a GTA game or that Simpsons Game from the PS3."

    There was such a game in an episode called "Grand Theft Arlen"

    It was an episode where Hank got addicted to a GTA style video game;

    Two young game programmers had made it up centered around Hank

    of all people, after meeting him at Strickland.

    The game had Hank driving aroung in a propane tanker-truck

    and he was armed with propane tank-"bombs" and a propane flame-thrower

    The game was called "Pro-PAIN". That episode was a riot.

    Season 11, Episode 8

    "Grand Theft Arlen"

    Edited on 09/06/2009 7:34am
    Edited 7 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [17]Sep 9, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    What would be the appeal to a King of the Hill video game?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [18]Sep 13, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,258
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    What would be the appeal to a King of the Hill video game?

    Exactly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sillygostly

    Sillygostly

    [19]Sep 16, 2009
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 73
    HelloStuart wrote:
    A KOTH video game would probably make as much sense as a "The Office" video game. Interpret that whichever way you'd like.


    Actually, both The Office AND King of the Hill have their own video games. A King of the Hill videogame for PC and Mac was released in 2000 by Fox Interactive, and The Office was released exclusively for PC in 2007 (plans for DS/PSP versions were canned).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [20]Sep 16, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    Sillygostly wrote:
    (plans for DS/PSP versions were canned).
    I would think so..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.