King of the Hill

Glen Peggy Glen Ross

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Apr 22, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • Glen Reviewer!

This episode is pretty underrated. While it isn't a fantastic episode, it is pretty funny. Peggy is watchable in this episode, despite being her typical self, and I think its because she is actually funny. The best part had to be Bobby's joke about George Jetson. It was hilarious. The B Plot, while entertaining was not really funny. The concept is humorous but the jokes themselves fell flat. Overall it was a pretty good episode.
  • Not very interesting.

I can't say that I liked this episode very much. It lacked a funny streak and was very much a bore with the focus on Peggy and real estate. I didn't think it was bad, it was just borderline average to okay. Peggy had to be fighting in a real estate storyline? That wasn't good writing by the show. It was by far a waste of a storyline. I would have liked if they gave her a different plot. But the thing that was really disappointing was the fact that there was no other significantly funny plot anywhere else. Overall it was average. Thank you.
  • Connie joins Peggy working at the newspaper, but Peggy is fired for trying to blow the cover on a smarmy real estate agent, who subsequently hires her. Meanwhile, Dale buys Hank some golf clubs – previously belonging to a murderer. Average...

Watching this episode, I assumed that it was one of those stories that does not translate well across the Atlantic – I thought there must be some clever edge to the story that I, as a Brit, was missing. But reading up on other people's reviews of the episode, it seems that I wasn't missing anything, and it really was that weak.

...Well, maybe 'weak' is a little too strong. There are a couple of semi-amusing lines, but the episode is far from one of the show's best offerings. Peggy stories tend to fall into one of two categories: they'll either be really strong (see the season's opener, 'The Peggy Horror Picture Show'), or pretty lame. This one sadly falls into the latter.

The whole real estate agent plot felt as if it should have been far more biting, and it was too uncertain of itself.

The b-plot, of Hank trying to play golf with clubs that previously belonged to a convicted murderer, is quirky, and I quite liked it, but after the initial premise, it didn't really go anywhere.

All-in-all... well, I've seen far worse 'KOTH' episodes, but this is definitely one of the more so-so episodes of the season, and in many respects has a 'filler' feel to it.
  • This episode bored a little bit.

7.9
    This episode disappointed a little bit because a thought it would be a little better then this. I think that the only funny part of this episode was when Hank got the golf clubs. The job that Peggy has now sounds boring there were really no funny parts with the Peggy plot. And I was looking foward to this episode because it sounded good. The best secene from this was whe Hank asked the guy if he had killed his partner with the golf clubs and when he found the mask in the golf bag. I just hope that next week's episode will be better than this on.
  • I'm very, very disappointed with this one, because it's another bad Peggy episode.

Note to writers: Add comedy to episodes about Peggy or else I'm going to get bored too quickly and easily. If Peggy had lost her second job and never got it back, I'll be happy, but she obtains it in the end, and that sucks.

Plot: It's ok, but I could care less about it.

Sub-Plot: Hank and his friends try to be funny with the whole "clubs were used by a murderer" thing, but it was boring and not that amusing either. So, so weak.

Comedy: Um, where is it, because I'm not laughing, with jokes so lame I could barely smile.

The next episode better be good(along with others), or else I'm going to lose faith in this show.

I HATE PEGGY!!!