King of the Hill

Glen Peggy Glen Ross

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Apr 22, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • Connie joins Peggy working at the newspaper, but Peggy is fired for trying to blow the cover on a smarmy real estate agent, who subsequently hires her. Meanwhile, Dale buys Hank some golf clubs – previously belonging to a murderer. Average...

Watching this episode, I assumed that it was one of those stories that does not translate well across the Atlantic – I thought there must be some clever edge to the story that I, as a Brit, was missing. But reading up on other people's reviews of the episode, it seems that I wasn't missing anything, and it really was that weak.

...Well, maybe 'weak' is a little too strong. There are a couple of semi-amusing lines, but the episode is far from one of the show's best offerings. Peggy stories tend to fall into one of two categories: they'll either be really strong (see the season's opener, 'The Peggy Horror Picture Show'), or pretty lame. This one sadly falls into the latter.

The whole real estate agent plot felt as if it should have been far more biting, and it was too uncertain of itself.

The b-plot, of Hank trying to play golf with clubs that previously belonged to a convicted murderer, is quirky, and I quite liked it, but after the initial premise, it didn't really go anywhere.

All-in-all... well, I've seen far worse 'KOTH' episodes, but this is definitely one of the more so-so episodes of the season, and in many respects has a 'filler' feel to it.