King of the Hill

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 13, 2007 on FOX

• Baldly Going Where She's Gone Before

This was better than the last episode, but was still lacking in humour. I think the idea was good, as even though it's been a long time since Nancy and JR have broken up it's nice when shows revisit an old storyline, as long as its in a nice way. I thought Dale's B Plot was fantastic and really made this episode work. I also thought Luanne helped the A plot's humour. I really liked that they had Nancy choose Dale in the end, and have shown her character development. Overall it was a nice episode, but could have been much funnier.
  • Funny and heartwarming but it was a bit boring

Nancy turns to her mother for help when the stress of home life and unresolved feelings for Redcorn cause her hair to fall out. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "King of the Hill". Not my favorite episode but it was pretty close. My score was only a teeny bit low because I thought that this episode was a little bit boring in a couple of parts. Not only was this episode very funny but it was also pretty heartwarming in some parts. Oh my gosh, Dale thinking that he traveled back in time to the past which was yesterday is so super hilarious. Nancy's mother telling Nancy her story was very funny as well. Like I said, Dale throughout this entire episode was just pure hilarious. Nancy also getting back with Redcorn in order to stop her from losing hair was pretty good as well. I also really enjoyed the very ending of the episode when Dale was pretty much telling his feelings to Nancy and then he was wearing the wig with Nancy. I don't know what else to say about this episode... I guess that's all I had to say about this installment. All I can say that it was very funny and pretty heartwarming in some parts. I think that this is an episode where you either like it or hate it. Some users don't seem to like this episode too much. Overall, an excellent episode of "King of the Hill" even though it was a bit boring in a couple of parts. 9.5/10

• Pretty decent.

It was a decent episode of King of the Hill. I thought that it was quite refreshing when the focus was placed on Nancy. It's not too often that the focus is placed on lesser characters, but it was a nice change. I liked the fact that there was a heart-felt storyline to Nancy's problem and it was really interesting to see everything play out. I liked the writing and the plot, but the comedy wasn't exactly on par with other episodes of King of the Hill. Overall, this was a decent episode with some good entertainment value. It was better than I thought. Thank you.
  • This not that good of an episode.

Wow I really did not like this episode the only reason is because Nancy almost got back togethere with John Redcorn made me sick. This episode was not the best but it also not the worst. It didn't make me laugh alot like the other episodes from this season but this one was the worst of this season to me and one not to give a bad review for King of the Hill. I think the best part of this episode was when Bill and Kahn's nephew went shopping and he left without Bill. Now that was the best part. To sum it in one word.
    Disappointed.
  • Touching.

This episode was a great change of pace compared to recent episodes. These are the kind of episodes I enjoy. It had a very moving story line. What was Nancy's decision? Did she fall victim to her desires? Or did she stay true to her husband Dale? You will have to watch to find out! As for the substory... it was funny, but at the same time left me wondering what happened. I thought it was hillarious how when Kahn's nephue showed up, Dale thought he was an alien, haha. Then he took advantage of poor Bill. This was a good episode and I look forward to seeing it in the future.
  • Nancy and John Redcorn wonder if they should rekindle their romace while Dale is convinced he has travelled through time.

The Dale-Nancy-John Redcorn love triangle has been one of my favorite “King of the Hill” plot lines since season one, so when Nancy ended it with John Redcorn in season four’s “Nancy Boys,” I was a little disappointed. However, the writers have managed to keep the story alive and interesting seven seasons later.

When Nancy interviews him for a Channel 84 segment, John Redcorn’s on-air flirting is hilarious - “I wore this vest especially for you – this is the Native American symbol for forbidden love…” - especially when an aghast Hank sends Bobby to his room partway into the segment after John Redcorn mentions finding one of Nancy’s “hot spots”. Hank and Peggy’s conversation about the situation produces some of the best one-liners in the episode – Peggy: “Nancy swore she would never ‘what-not’ with that man again!”. One of the best parts of this episode is when John Redcorn removes Nancy’s ear piece after their segment is filmed and inadvertently pulls out a clump of her hair. While Nancy is humiliated, John Redcorn remarks that she always did make him feel strong. As she flees to her dressing room, he smiles and flexes his well-developed biceps. Nancy’s fury at having her hair full out is hysterical, especially when she reveals her hair is so big it once got a low-flying bird stuck in it. Her mother Bunny is just as funny as Dale’s father from season six’s “My Own Private Rodeo,” particularly her complaints about her foot bath breaking in her husky, Southern drawl. Her description of her affair – “Our love making was exciting but virtually motionless!” – made both me and Nancy cringe.

The subplot about Kahn’s nephew is hilarious – “I know rednecks like to buy kids beer, he’ll ask, he like to party! Don’t buy him beer!!” – and his nephew is more entertaining than Tid Pao, another Souphanousinphone relative that came to stay in Arlen in season seven’s “Bad Girls, Bad Girls… Whatcha’ Gonna Do?”

“Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow is definitely the best episode in the eleventh season, though the finale, “Lucky’s Wedding Suit”, comes close.
  • Nancy finally gives up John Redcorn.

Like I said, I can't believe it, but Nancy gave up John Redcorn. I really wasn't expecting that. I really thought that she would keep him and that Dale would eventually find out. It's definitly a change of character for Nancy because it shows that she really does love Dale. I loved the episode. I just wish I had been recording it, especially at the part where she gets the picture/message on her phone from John. He was looking pretty good there on that table, if you know what I mean.