King of the Hill

Hank's Unmentionable Problem

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 23, 1997 on FOX

• It May lack Crap, But it's Full of Laughs

Another top notch Season 1 episode. I love how the health food place guy admits nothing tastes good, and how Hank literally kicks the guy's butt. You can't really help but feel sorry for Hank, as he is such a private person, yet has his very sensitive issue spread like wild fire. They made a great use of all the characters, and this has to go down as one of the best of the series.
  • it was pretty funny

It was pretty funny. It was one of the better ones of this particular season.
  • Season 1 gives us another great episode

In this episode of King of the Hill, Hank becomes constipated. This episode had perfect jokes like when Nancy and C. Everett Coop saying "constipation" at the same time, Bobby pushing the elevator buttons, Bobby playing a video game in Hank's colon, Bobby blowing in the intestines, "What is it? Laxatives!", and much more. Overall, this episode is a perfect episode.

10/10
  • fair

hank becomes constipated, and so every one of his friends and family members try to help him cope. but he does not want people to know this. and peggy trying to help only actually makes matters worse. will hank ever be 'cured'?

good episode, but kind of boring. the only joke i really like a lot is the ending, and that itself isn't treally that big of a joke, i just like the song that plays when hank is finally able to (i should know the song but alas, i don't). overall a semi decent episode, it gets a C+/B-
  • A gross episode.

Man, I thought that this episode was good, but it was also sick. I don't want to know about Hank's bowel movements and I don't want an episode dedicated to Hank taking a dump. Nonetheless, I thought the episode was okay for what it was worth and I was actually entertained. Hank was funny in this showing and he wasn't his usual boring self. It was really comical to see him try everything to take a dump. Peggy was actually funny when she was trying to help him but I still think it was an episode that grossed me out. Thank you.
  • Hank is having trouble "making", so we take a trip to the doctor's office to get a camera tunneled up his backside to find the reason for the blockage. Much to his chagrin, everyone ends up finding out about his very personal problem.

Hank, Peggy, Bobby and Luanne go through the trauma of Hank's incontinence and eventually the news leaks out to Nancy. Of course, this opens up the opportunity for Dale and all the guys to find out about this issue. Hank cannot tolerate folks knowing about his "bathroom problem". Later, the doctor tells him he may need an operation for this that may change the way he can live his life from now on. We watch as everyone enjoys a delicious steak buffet and other such niceties while poor Hank is only allowed to eat a measley salad. As the date of the operation approaches and we fear the worst, Hank opens up to Peggy like never before and that seems to cure the entire situation - fast!
  • Hank gets constapation, though he does not want anyone to know. After encouragement from Peggy, he changes his lifestyle in order to prevent an operation on his colon.

In my opinion, this was a very funny episode. Though slightly gross, it was a funny situation for Hank to be in and for Peggy to go around telling everyone! And then everybody started offering him suggestions to get him "working" again. Even Boomhauer and his girlfriend offered him "tips." And then it was funny when Bobby came in while they were looking up Hank's butt, and they even let him try! Boy, Hank sure wasn't happy about that! And then he kicked that guy's ass (the one with the needles). All in all, it was a very funny episode and was glad that I viewed it.
MNT