King of the Hill

Hank's Cowboy Movie

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Apr 06, 1999 on FOX

• Get a lesson in Texas geography by watching this great KOTH episode. Soon, you'll be able to locate both Wichita Falls AND Corpus Christi on any map of the Lone Star State.

At the beginning of the episode, a tourist asks Hank and Bobby what is the best way to get to Corpus Christi. (In another episode, Hank took his mother and three other women to nearby Port Aransas.) Hank points out that the best way is through Arlen, which is apparently in South Texas, though creator Mike Judge never fully discloses this. Throughout the first act of the episode, Bobby is in love with Wichita Falls even more than he is with his own town, which irritates Hank to no end. I found a lot of hilarity in that alone, along with the two propane jockeys who said they'd rather be in Oklahoma. These two events prompt Hank to create his own video, with hilarious results akin to "A Firefighting We Will Go", the results of which should end up on "America's Funniest Home Videos" instead. This is definitely on KOTH's Top Ten episode list, both for the humor as well as for the geography lesson. I found myself watching this several times after recording it.