King of the Hill

I Don't Want To Wait For Our Lives To Be Over, I Want To Know Right Now, Will It Be... Sorry. Do Do Doo Do Do, Do Do Doo Do Do, Do Do Doo Do Do, Doo...

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 12, 2000 on FOX

• Big Changes on the Way!

This is a classic KOTH episode, not only for the major character change of Joseph, but also because it is hilarious. They did a great job of dealing with the concept of some people going through puberty quicker than others. I was never a huge fan of Joseph, but I found he got a bit more interesting in his post puberty era. There were so many good things about this episode I can't name the all, but when Dale accuses the old lady of stealing his van, it's just too funny! The B plot is OK the first few times you watch it, but it is really not great when compared to all the stuff happening in the main plot. Overall a fantastic, classic, KOTH!
  • "Don't leave town!"

What this episode did so well is that it wasn't really that straightforward. Most episodes usually have a theme and then stubbornly stick with it simultaneously playing a sidestory alongside it. The sidestory here itself was pretty funny and amusing, but the main storyline was just tangled up in so much hilarity, just plain ludicrous. The dinner scene at the diner and Dale's plain stupidity just really set the tone for the rest of the episode, and then Joseph's outrage of being intensely more attracted to women where he kisses Connie, and then his mom, was also just too funny. Then Joseph hijacking his dad's car and then crashing it. At the same time there were also some serious undertones, like the theme of Bobby being insecure about being short, and then Joseph not having social skills and is horomone outrage. An excellent episode.