King of the Hill

I Remember Mono

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 08, 1998 on FOX

7.6
  • Mono-gamy is Important

This is an OK episode, with some good laughs, but it is nothing special. The whole storyline is a little weird and although it is a bit interesting there just weren't a whole ton of laughs. I actually think Luanne was the funniest one in this episode, and kept it entertaining. I don't see Hank as the person to lie, or even be able to keep a lie like this from Peggy. I would think he would just tell her. He usually is an honest person like that (minus not telling Dale about his cheating wife). Bobby's storyline was only half decent too. Again, not bad, but not all that funny either. Just an average episode in my opinion.
  • I Remember Mono brings into play the early days of Hank and Peggy's romance.

7.1
    I Remember Mono shows that Peggy goes to West Arlen Highschool and plays on the girls softball team against the girls of Arlen Highschool (where Hank is a student). The episode opens with young Bobby making Valentine's Day preparations and poor Luanne becoming her own valentine.

********SPOILERS*********

In their teenage years, Hank and Peggy had to skip a Valentine's Day date together because Hank caught Mono. Back then, he told Peggy it came from accidentally sharing a beverage with one of his football buddies. The truth will be unveiled later in the episode and their marriage suffers a serious shake-up. After much explaining, Hank once again comes out virtuous and in control of the situation. Tune in for the laughs.
MNT