King of the Hill

It Ain't Over Till The Fat Neighbor Sings

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 15, 2005 on FOX

7.9
  • Swan Song!

This season had some really good episodes, some really bad episodes, and some in between ones. Now, most seasons do, but even the in between ones, were substandard for this show. This is one of them. It was not terrible, and actually had some pretty good jokes, however, it just was a bit weird. I liked it, but it didn't sing (pardon the pun) "season finale". It seemed like just a regular episode to me. This season was very rocky, and this is one of the better ones, and it ended much better than it started, but still, overall this season, and this episode was pretty lack luster.
  • A funny episode with singing.

It is a funny thing to see Bill sing. It is even funnier to see him join a male chorus. This episode of King of the Hill was funny and it was a good form of entertainment. I will have to say that it was really ridiculous, but in a good way. I thought that Bill was the highlight of the show. His antics were like normal, but the story he was put in was clever. I thought the whole ping pong situation with Peggy and Bobby was rather dumb, as it just didn't add anything to the show. Hank was of course his usual self, but it was really an episode where Bill stole the show. Thank you.
  • Bill is feeling depressed, so Hank takes him to church, where he winds up joining all-male chorus the Harmonaholics, but the chorus starts to take over Bill's life and jeopardise his job. Meanwhile, Peggy and Bobby become addicted to Pong. A so-so episode

7.7
    Season nine wraps up with this so-so episode.

One again, Bill is feeling very depressed and unwanted. They seem to knock at least one of these episodes out per season. (That's not to say it's a bad thing).

The funniest moments of the episode come as Dale nearly explodes as Hank stops him from making fun of Bill's new hobby.

The B-plot involves Peggy and Bobby becoming addicted to Peggy's ancient video game of Pong. Peggy, being her usual competitive self, is determined not to let Bobby win.

The episode, especially the later sections of it, are a bit silly, as Bill jeopardises his job cutting hair for the Army as he takes off with the Harmonaholics to Dallas.
    The episode is watchable and has some enjoyable moments, but winds up an average one at best.
  • Some parts are good. Other parts will make you watch or rewatch a KOTH episode that didn't suck.

This is the best episode of the season (beside that other one)? I could write a better episode than this. While Bill is stupid again, and we like him like that, it's mostly what he does that make him like this over what he says, which doesn't have enough jokes to back it up. Giving up your job, not to mention life, to be with a bunch of guys to sing with is just dumb. I admit that Dale was funny in this one, but he has mostly forgettable jokes that you would care and not care about once you've seen it. Hank is serious again, and the sideplot had no substance to it (Peggy and Bobby playing pong? What's next, a side plot that's more boring than that. Well, Season 10 had some worse than that). We can learn something from this episode, but you've seen this one before already. This one had more jokes than the other episodes, but they really fall flat though. As I watch these episodes over and over again, if there's more episodes like this, I'm very slowly hating this show as it focus on real life boring problems instead of real life funny and entertaining ones. Bill is stupid, but not as funny as it should be, and we deserve better than this from the creator of such talents.