King of the Hill

Joust Like a Woman

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 24, 2002 on FOX

6.9
  • Why should I even bother reviewing this mess? To save 20 minutes from anyone from watching it.

There really isn't much to say, other that this episode was just crappy. It has lifeless jokes, pacing that will leave you wanting to see what happens next, which really isn't good, and it made no sense at all. Peggy is suppose to work like it's 1590, not 2006 or 2002 when this episode was made, so why did she start a rebellion? To fight for women's rights? She can't even follow a simple timeline at a historically accurate faire, so is she rewriting history? It made no sense with a predictable ending that anyone will get. Some amusing parts (Bobby can't wear tights, Hank's line: I'm going to kick your ass, Hank's friends being annnoying and Hank being scared of riding a horse) is not even enough, and falls flat, except for Hank's funny line. And women couldn't vote or have rights until 1921. I truly hate her and she deserved to have tomatoes being thrown at her face. Overall, worst season 6 episode ever. And I dare you to watch it.
  • Rarely does King of the Hill put out a bad episode. This, however, is an exception...seeing Hank Hill in tights is a definite turn-off!

When I watched this turkey, I could not stand the thought of seeing Hank put on a Robin Hood-type outfit for a Renaissance Faire that was to be staged in his hometown of Arlen. When this episode aired on Adult Swim Super Bowl night, I was glad I had the DVR programmed to record "Forrest Gump" on sister channel TNT instead. "Joust Like A Woman" is easily the worst KOTH episode ever produced. I could not stomach it for one second--it ranks alongside The Simpsons' "Homer Simpson in 'Kidney Trouble'" as being among the least memorable TV shows in history. If there is a TV Hall of Shame, these two episodes belong there.
  • Ye Need Not See This One

While I do agree that this is one of the worst episodes of KOTH, I will not give it a 1, as it isn't that bad, and is still, in my opinion not the worst one of the series (I still think Traffic Jam is). This episode has very little humour, a silly plot and not surprising, centred around Peggy. While I believe what Peggy was doing was more about the personal lives of the actors, not trying to change history as the other reviewers suggest, there is some of that as her motivation. It was nice to see Luanne back, but she didn't add much. Probably the best part was the Dale scenes. I do agree that when I first saw this I thought it was horrible, but I've seen this one a few times now, and I like it more then I did initially. However, it is still one of the worst of the series.
MNT