King of the Hill

Luanne's Saga

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 16, 1997 on FOX

• Boom-Yeah!

Another fantastic KOTH episode. Luanne was a great character in the earlier seasons, and while I liked her later on too, she was more well rounded here. Buckley is a great character too, and his lines are hilarious. I somewhat agree with Hank in this episode. While I don't think forcing your feelings is good, neither is just constantly crying. Bill's scene with Peggy was one of the best in the episode, and the awkward love affair he has, begins here. I loved the part where Dale was in the bathroom. I laugh every time I see it. It was nice to see Hank show his soft side, which he does have, just doesn't like to show. Probably the only thing I didn't really like about this episode was that weird scene with Peggy when Hank got that weird vision thing. It was just really odd, and kinda stupid. BUT, still another great one!
  • Quite underrated.

An underrated episode of Season one of King of the Hill, In this one, Hank and the guys try to find Luanne a date and Boomhaure ends up being her date, Hank doesn't approve. I liked a few moments, Dale in the bathroom, hank's reaction to Boomhaure dating her, and amongst other things, In conclusion, I will say that Luanne's Saga is a perfect Season 1 episode.

10/10

• fair

buckley dumps luann, and she is of course very upset. she drives hank crazy with her crying and hank sends her on a date. but, he is horrified, and threatens to make big changes, when he sees her coming home not with her original date, but with boomhauer.

kind of a weak episode. not many laughs were found for me and the plot is forgettable and boring, especially in the middle and towards the end. it's a real average episode i think and so because of all this my overall grade for this episode is somewhere in the "C" range methinks
  • Just a weird episode.

I don't think that this was a bad episode of King of the Hill. It just wasn't as good as it normally is. To me, it was a rather awkard episode and it made me a little sick. I thought the writing was sub-par and the story was silly. It seemed that the writers had nothing better to do on this day so they took a vacation. I didn't like seeing Boomhauer and Luanne together, as it made me feel a little bit sick. The age difference was what made me grossed out. I thought that Hank was his usual bland, blind character and what made this show watchable was that it managed to stay sort of funny in the beginning but went down the tubes after that. Thank you.
  • Luanne's Saga revolves around the issue of Hank needing his much-beloved den back for his peace-of-mind and for general puttering around. Unfortunately, his neice is currently a long-time house guest and has yet to vacate the aforementioned den.

Luanne's Saga is an evolution of Hank's innermost feelings about life and family. On the outset of this episode, the apparent issue is that Hank wants his den back and Luanne has worn-out her welcome (she used to live in a trailer park with her parents until the day her momma got dragged off to jail for stabbing her father with a fork in a fight about the last quart of bedtime beer). Later we see that the issues get more convoluted because Hank was counting on Buckley to take Luanne home with him at his apartment eventually. Buckley dumps Luanne and now Hank has not only an occupied den but a weeping niece on his hands. Hank and the guys go to Ulgly's Saloon to pick-out a new boyfriend for Luanne and things go downhill from then on.