King of the Hill

Lucky See, Monkey Do

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 08, 2009 on FOX

• This delivers more than just a baby

This episode was like the battle of the narcissists as the egotistical Peggy of the later seasons meets her match with someone who knows more than she does in something and is more than happy to rub it in.

After a little over two seasons Luanne finally sports a huge baby bump as she's two weeks away from delivering and is holding a rather interesting baby shower. We're introduced to Lucky's sister who is nothing like Lucky being a rather modern mother who quickly points out that it's not safe to accept Bobby's hand-me-down baby items that were gifted by Peggy.

This episode has its pros and cons we get to see Peggy knocked down a peg (pun intended) which is sort of satisfying after watching her ego driven by her superiority complex grow to such heights over the last few seasons. But then this is short lived as Lucky's sister Myrna goes from just being knowledgeable and modern to perhaps too modern as she starts to impose her beliefs onto Luanne, so basically she's the more modern Peggy.

In the end Peggy is somewhat justified and is more than happy to spit out a rather immature boost when Luanne decides she wants to give birth in a hospital rather than a natural birth in a pool (This show sort of proves that the Hills can not be wrong unless it's a comedic situation). If not for us knowing that Peggy truly loves and cares for Luanne like the daughter she never had it would make you believe that Peggy only cared about being right vs thinking what would be in Luanne's best interest.

This seems like a negative review and in a way could be one but what makes this episode great and in my opinion ultimately saves it besides a few funny one-liners is that Luanne finally decides to take control of her life and make her own decisions; which is something we have been waiting for ever since they dumbed the poor girl down since the pilot episode and she seem to lose more . points as the show progressed while Peggy had a hand in just about everything that she did.

As the episode ends you're left to wonder just how long Luanne's new found independence from Peggy will last (although thankfully it seems to actually stick given the handful of episodes left before the series ended) and what exactly happens to Myrna and her connection to her newborn niece.

The B story involves Bill's budding romance with an order taker for a fast food restaurant he frequents. But this is a Bill story so things end in a fashion that is reserved solely for Bill with him back at square one.