King of the Hill

Ms. Wakefield

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Dec 19, 2004 on FOX

7.9
  • Another Christmas Classic!

KOTH always puts on a special show for Christmas time. Some of the best episodes are their Christmas ones. Season 9 is one of the worst seasons in the series, but this was one of the few gems in it. It had an odd, but still well written plot and was pretty funny. I actually felt like it could have made a very good Halloween episode, as it had that weird creepiness to it. I loved the B Plot, as Dale is always great for those, and I just really enjoyed the episode. Maybe because it comes after a very boring and bad Premiere. Either way, I really enjoyed this one.
  • In my opinion, the storyline for this episode is rather morbid... but good, nonetheless.

Bizarre events take place as Ms. Wakefield, the original owner of the Hills' house, wishes to die in the Hills' house.

As I said in the summary, this episode's storyline is rather odd and morbid for a show about a family living in Texas. Nevertheless, it was executed very good-- for example, when the Hills search for Ms. Wakefield after coming back to buy a green elf vest for Ladybird, the music during that scene seemed to imply a ghost was roaming in the house.

It's not one of my favorites (please read the summary), but I like and enjoy it anyways.
  • A fun christmas episode

What can I say about this other than it is a christmas episode of a different order. It is smart funny, and not over sentimental. It has a unique storyline and some really good jokes. I haven't seen it since christmas so It is hard for me to remember much about it. However I do remember seeing it 3 times over the holiday as I enjoyed it so much. Word of warning though, it isn't for everyone. My brother (another king of the hill fan) didn't like it, and I can see why. The storyline is very out there compared to most christmas episodes of tv shows. Then again all KOTH Christmas shows are.
  • When the previous owner of Hank and Peggy's house comes for a visit the Hills make her welcome, at least until she tells them why she is there...

Christmas is in the air and when the previous owner of Hank's house shows up unexpectedly Hank makes her welcome. However, when she suddenly tells the family that she wants to die in the house she wears that welcome out. Later, when she comes back and tries to force her way in, Hank has her arrested. Hank's neighbors decide that he is being cruel, but when the old woman shows up at the Christmas party everyone else feels the heat too. Finally, Hank thinks up a solution that saves the day.

This was another great episode of King of the Hill and the show's writers deserve a lot of credit for this happy but different Christmas episode. The show deals with a lot of issues and, as usual, Hank finds a simple solution that honors his everyday values. This show really shows what the people of the USA are all about.
  • i have only seen this episode once and i think that is the only time it was shown. what is so wrong with this episode for the networks to keep it off the air ways. it was about a woman who wanted to die where she used to live okay.

this was a good episode. she wanted to die where she used to live and felt comfortable. it hasn't been shown since. cencorship is getting out of hand and this episode should be reshown like you see some of the other episodes half a dozen times already gee whiz boy.
MNT