King of the Hill

My Own Private Rodeo

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Apr 28, 2002 on FOX

• I did like the fact that they introduced a gay character however it was played more for camp and stereotypes.

i liked the fact that they had a gay character ,in this case Dales dad was gay and lived a lie and succumbed to pressures from peers and family to do so. What I didn't like was they made him effeminate and did the stereotypical thing of making the gay man use fem pronouns and act like a queen. I do go to gay rodeo and while they do have camp events like goat dressing etc , the men are quite masculine , they aren't all YMCA dancing idiots. This episode used some bad cliches by playing RUPAUL and Village People ,Im surprised they didnt play Barbra Streisand.

Dales dad didn't have to be portrayed as an old queen stereotype nor did they have to use such really bad feminine role models like his lover who was an over the top mexican queen in daisy dukes. i just wish for once they would portray ordinary masculine men who are gay. Plenty of those out there. As for the other reviewer hinting why did he kiss Nancy , he was scared and was not drunk , he didn't want Dale to see him even near the Filipino guy.