King of the Hill

New Cowboy on the Block

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 16, 2003 on FOX

7.8
  • The only nice thing about this episode was Kahn and Hank actually working together.

All I can say about "New Cowboy on the Block" is that it is one of the worst episodes of "King of the Hill" that I have seen.

Alright, so a washed-up, back-up Cowboys defensive tackle moved to the neighborhood of Hank and his friends and they become immediately awe-struck, especially the normally straight-laced Hank. I found it really out of his character to bend the rules so much even for the jerk of an idol like "Big" Willie Lane.

Another thing that I didn't like about the storyline of this episode was how the cops took the word of the former football player over the word of Hank; wouldn't they realize that Hank doesn't know how to lie and hates it when other people do?

However, there is only a few things about the episode that I actually liked: Hank and Kahn teaming up, and eventually with Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill to get "Big" Willie Lane out of the neighborhood, mainly because Hank eventually saw everything Kahn was complaining to him out the new guy on the block was true.

At least the episode had a decent ending when they were able to make the football player leave.