King of the Hill

No Bobby Left Behind

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 09, 2008 on FOX

• Special Episode!

This is a pretty good episode. Very entertaining, a hilarious plot line, and the jokes, for the most part work. I think the shot of Dale being labeled as a special needs child is one of the funniest moments in the entire series. I think the show was well written overall, but a bit inaccurate. Even if they kids had special needs, they are still in Jr. High, and would have some level of learning and not just kindergarten stuff. Although that is what added to the humour.
  • The SAT is coming up at Tom Landry Middle School. But under 'No Child Left Behind', if they fail, the teachers and principal could be fired. The school resorts to placing "D" students in a Special Needs class so that they won't take the test.

I believe this episode showcases the problems with "No Child Left Behind", from the stress teachers and the principal face to what schools are willing to do to raise their SAT scores.

As for the episode itself, I love how desperate Principal Moss is willing to go to make sure his school passes. Labeling every "D" and "F" student as a "Special Needs" child was one thing, but then he goes to every classroom and labels any daydreamer as a "Special Needs" child.

It astounds me that they are willing to do this instead of actually trying to teach them.

I was with Hank Hill when he says: "If the school is spending money on these kids, whose teaching the kids who really needs it."

A great episode that provides great social commentary on a current issue facing America nationwide.
  • When Principal Moss finds out that after two years, his school still has not fulfilled the requirements for the "No Child Left Behind" law, he puts the teens that have a tendency not to do well in "Special Needs" classes, so the school can finally pass.

One of the best episodes ever!! I was a little worried that with this last season, King of the Hill was going to plateau and then began to plummet, but this episode was amazingly hillarious. The picture of Dale, shirtless on the log flume ride with the subtitle: "Unidentified Special Needs Child" was one of the best things I have EVER seen!! The writing was witty, and made an amazing commentary on the stress that the "No Child Left Behind" puts on the teachers and principals. This episode also reinforces how some children might not do well in class not due to lack of intelligence, but due to boredom, or laziness.