King of the Hill

No Bobby Left Behind

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 09, 2008 on FOX

• The SAT is coming up at Tom Landry Middle School. But under 'No Child Left Behind', if they fail, the teachers and principal could be fired. The school resorts to placing "D" students in a Special Needs class so that they won't take the test.

I believe this episode showcases the problems with "No Child Left Behind", from the stress teachers and the principal face to what schools are willing to do to raise their SAT scores.

As for the episode itself, I love how desperate Principal Moss is willing to go to make sure his school passes. Labeling every "D" and "F" student as a "Special Needs" child was one thing, but then he goes to every classroom and labels any daydreamer as a "Special Needs" child.

It astounds me that they are willing to do this instead of actually trying to teach them.

I was with Hank Hill when he says: "If the school is spending money on these kids, whose teaching the kids who really needs it."

A great episode that provides great social commentary on a current issue facing America nationwide.
WLNY-2