King of the Hill

Now Who's the Dummy?

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 18, 2001 on FOX

• What a Dummy of an Episode!

This episode is good for more reasons than its humour, which it did have a fair amount of. It was, at the heart, a Hank/Bobby episode, which I tend to enjoy. I always like seeing how they are going to have them bond. Hank may always seem awkward and like he doesn't like his son, but usually in the end, he shows that he really loves his son. And I think that, above all else, is what makes this a good episode. Funny wise, Dale and Mr. Poppers make this episode! Mr. Poppers reminds me of my grandfather who also thought the maid in his old folks home was stealing from him!
  • bobby the ventriloquist

bobby and some other kids are performing a skit at an old folks home and one of the old folks takes a shine to bobby, who gives him his ventriloquist dummy. at first, bobby is over thrilled, but soon realizes that people (especially his dad) think the dummy is the funny one, not bobby.

good episode, i like the humor in it and i like the plot of dale trying to get rid of the dummy. overall a pretty good episode and another of my personal favorites from the series, this episode, at least from me, gets an A+ for a grade
  • A dummy is decent.

This had a lot to like in terms of entertainment. I think that the comedy was good and I liked the fact that it was focused on a dummy instead of one of the characters. I thought the writing was good and I liked how well everything was played out. I think for the reason that I did like this episode, there are the reasons why I thought this was great. Bobby was of course being his normal sad self. Hank was Hank and the rest of the crew were probably on lunch break. Overall, it was a good episode. Thank you.
MNT