King of the Hill

Peggy's Fan Fair

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 21, 2000 on FOX

• Fun Fair!

Considering how many people don't like Peggy, I am surprised the show decided to end the season with two Peggy-centred episodes. That being said, this was a much better outing, and although (so far) the worst season finale, it was still a pretty good episode. It had a ton of celebrity guest voices, and if you are a Country Music fan, a must see episode. I liked the episode, and the plot was funny too. Not a huge fan of Peggy being right, but it happens I guess. Luanne and Dale really were the two best parts, and its a shame neither of them had a bigger part in the episode. Overall a pretty good episode, and a nice way to end the season.
  • When the Hills go to the Country Music Fan Fair in Nashville, Peggy hears Randy Travis singing a new song, "Just the Way God Made Me," and accuses him of having stolen it from her.

I absolutely love this episode! There are so many good parts to it. Anti-Peggy fans will love it!

Peggy's high opinion of herself really shines in this episode. Just because she recieves a rejection letter from Randy Travis, she believes she's a songwriter and when her trip idea was picked, she begins to control the entire trip, driving everybody crazy.

The best part was when Hank told her that she wasn't as great as she thinks she is. After all the times she takes credit for things she didn't do, it was nice to see it happen to her.

It was cool to see Randy Travis and many other country music stars guest star. I find it funny that Randy Travis actually did steal her song but no one would believer her.
  • Peggy's extremely high opinion of herself shines brightly through the course of this episode.

Ah, what can I say about "Peggy's Fan Fair"? The one thing that definitely comes to mind is that Peggy's high opinion of herself shines so bright that almost everyone in the church group (including Hank) couldn't stand to spend time with her.

One thing that I found to be pretty comical about the episode was how Peggy considered herself a song writer on the same level of Randy Travis just because she got a rejection letter from the musician's team of lawyers. Another thing that I thought was pretty funny was how arrogant Randy Travis appeared to be in this episode; it was a complete opposite of his appearances in other television shows. I love how that arrogance drove Peggy to the point of recruiting Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill to inflict bodily harm on Mr. Travis because of how Hank refused to believe her about how Randy stole her song and her life story. I thought it was nice that Hank finally believe Peggy after Randy Travis took credit for his heroics when Mr. Travis had to be pulled out of his trailer after it was pushed into a lake.

Through the course of the episode however, there was one thing I could have lived without seeing: Bobby and Luann scooping up the Apple Brown Betty after it fell onto the ground and still decided to give it to Brooks and Dunn as a token of their gratitude for their advice. I guess they didn't want to think that there could be any germs in the pastry after doing so and as a result, it made it look like Peggy had a beef with the famous duo (even though she didn't).

In all, I found this to be one of the funniest episodes of the series. It was nice to see the main characters out of their usual surroundings in Arlen and enjoying some country music in Nashville.